collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping rates to go up for international  (Read 5047 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping rates to go up for international
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »
I had a box coming up that is going overseas too. It's going to be a pretty big box too. I'm really worried about how much it will cost. :(
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:51 AM »
Meowza! Does International First Class at least have tracking information though? That almost makes it worth it...

Only if you're shipping to Canada.  From what I read, all other countries are the same as before - you might get tracking until it leaves the US, but nothing after that.  It also looks like you have to purchase the postage online to get it, but I'm not certain on that.  I'm not sure where you can even purchase International First Class online - it mentions Click-N-Ship but it doesn't show as an option when I try it.  Here's the info I found:
252.2 Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International
252.21 Description
Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International service — abbreviated E-USPS DELCON INTL — is an optional service available for First-Class Package International Service items to select destination countries at no charge. Tracking information includes the date and time an article was delivered or, if delivery was attempted but not completed, the date and time of the delivery attempt. The sender can check delivery status by going to usps.com and clicking on the “Track & Confirm” feature.

252.22 Availability
Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International service is available only electronically by using USPS-approved PC Postage vendors, Click-N-Ship, Click-N-Ship for Business, Webtools, and Global Shipping Software (GSS) or other USPS-approved software. Currently, it is available only to Canada.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
So the media will cover the fact that the price of a 1oz stamp is going up by 2 cents but this international increase gets no coverage? This is ridiculous.

USA is going to cost 2x-4x more to ship than other countries. This increase will make it so all the small time sellers from America can't compete at all.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »
Got to see this first-hand today. Bubble envelope with some light, mostly flat items in it going out overseas. I quoted my buyer before the price hike, so when I went to deliver it today it cost me a little over $2 more to send it out. Pfft.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »
Yep, what normally cost me $6.12 roughly, cost almost $9 today  :faint:

The thing is ebay didn't put an announcement up till three days ago.  It's a good thing I heard it on the news.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »
I tried to shipped a CD to France. This was a cheap $3 CD and I charged $6 for shipping. The cost to ship this CD in a bubble envelope (5oz weight) was $12.

$12 to ship a 5oz bubble envelope to France! Seriously, how is anyone going to buy or trade or do anything with us anymore?

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2013, 03:28:21 AM »
Oh wow, this is going to make it really tough to do international swaps :(   
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 06:49:23 AM »

$12 to ship a 5oz bubble envelope to France! Seriously, how is anyone going to buy or trade or do anything with us anymore?

How do you think we Canadians feel?  :-p 

At least this makes shipping prices more standard across the continent.  The only problem of course is that buyers MUST be informed about shipping prices.  You can't just look at their prices and go, "$5 to ship?!  WAH! Not that rip-off seller!" because one pony is likely to cost $7 to ship now.  :-p
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »
I think I just shipped my very last international package. :(

I used to trade with and sell to people outside the US pretty frequently, so I'm kind of bummed about this. But I just shipped my first package after the price hike and it just confirmed I can't afford this anymore. I just paid $9.45 to ship a small bubble mailer with two posters (the ones from Enterplay) inside to Germany. And the worst part of it is I only charged them $9 ($4 for the posters and $5 for shipping) because it was still like a week before the price increase so I thought I would be ok. But then they didn't pay until the 27th, and since I had agreed to ship it for $5, I guess I felt like I had to. So now I'm out $4 and while I know that's not a lot, it's enough to make me not want to mess with international shipping anymore. I'd feel bad charging people that much to ship a small item.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »
ShortyBoo, I buy within Canada and Europe all the time and am used to paying these prices that getting something from the states used to make me double check the postage like "wow, for real! Awesome". It's just making US post more inline with charges from everywhere else, us international customers are quite used to paying these kinds of prices already. :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
ShortyBoo, I buy within Canada and Europe all the time and am used to paying these prices that getting something from the states used to make me double check the postage like "wow, for real! Awesome". It's just making US post more inline with charges from everywhere else, us international customers are quite used to paying these kinds of prices already. :)

Wow, really? I still feel weird asking someone to pay $10 or more to ship something small, though. I didn't know everywhere else already was paying much more than we were to ship stuff, though.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
If you're on ebay you'll likely hear whining. On the forums people are way more understanding of what things actually cost to ship.

I'm in BC Canada, it costs me less to have something shipped in from Florida then it would from a city away! :) I don't mind USPS charging more, they've been having huge financial issues and I'd rather pay more as they've almost always been reliable to me, then have the actual service suffer. Plus us Canucks now get tracking on first class! Woot!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013, 09:48:54 PM »
I've looked up two countries that I used to ship to quite often... one was Sweden. It's always been a more expensive country to ship to. But now it's $17 to ship a couple ponies (3) out there.

Then I looked up the UK. To send 4 blind bags, it's telling me $12.75

Are you KIDDING ME?

I LOVE my international sales and trades. This is going to kill them.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 11:13:59 PM »

Wow, really? I still feel weird asking someone to pay $10 or more to ship something small, though. I didn't know everywhere else already was paying much more than we were to ship stuff, though.

I guess if someone is willing to pay it then it's totally up to them. Shipping from Australia overseas is super expensive, too, but I figure if someone truly doesn't mind paying the costs, then it's up to them. And as someone who lives outside the US it's kind of frustrating when people refuse to ship because of shipping costs that I would probably be willing to pay for something I can't find anywhere else (hopefully this doesn't come across as being rude to you - just wanted to reassure there will still be people willing and understanding).

And even shipping within Australia is pretty expensive, too (I don't know what it's like within other countries) - although as FantasticFirefly said I've also had shipping costs from the US be at least equal to shipping from another Australian state. Haha.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 05:41:20 AM »
Wow... I was just going to post my own sticker shock, but found an already existing post, so here goes my rant....

Jan 15, 2013:
Spain: 1.5 OZ = $3.78
Finland: 17OZ= $13.17
GB: 4.3 OZ = $6.12
Canada: 2.7 OZ= $3.30

Jan 30, 2013:
Belgium: 6.6 OZ= $12.75
Finland: .70OZ = $6.55
Canada: 2.3 OZ = $7.35

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal