collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Luna Flank Error?  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Luna Flank Error?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »
I'm... really glad I keep my ponies MIB now.  o.o

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 08:12:39 PM »
I went to target and saw the new luna sets. All the ones there had it! QwQ
Such a horrid error! Anyone figured out how to remove it/make it less worse?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Well, I agree. It's an error that seems to stem from that particular brushable princess mold. All Lunas and Cadences seem to have it.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »
This is another one of the reasons why Hasbro gets very little of my money in the G4 line...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Pickenprod

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:46 PM »
I went to target and saw the new luna sets. All the ones there had it! QwQ
Such a horrid error! Anyone figured out how to remove it/make it less worse?
I'd wager you could use a high-speed rotary tool with a sanding bit to smooth it out some.

CottonTALE

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 09:32:04 AM »
Just got an email back from hasbro.... here's what it says:

Spoiler
Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc., and for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Hasbro, Inc. prides itself on its excellent reputation, based on years of experience in planning, designing and constructing safe, dependable and age appropriate products. We do count on parents such as you to help us maintain the high standards we keep for parents and their children.

We would like to replace this item for you.

To help facilitate the process, we are sending you a postage paid mailing label to use when returning the item to us. All you need to do is package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it’ll be on its way back to us.

We are sending the mailing label to:

******my address******

Once it is received in our returns facility, we will forward it to our Quality Assurance team for further evaluation and a replacement will be ordered. If an exact replacement is not available, a product of equivalent value may be substituted.

Please call 1 800.255.5516 if we can be of further assistance.

Warmest regards,

First off, I am not a parent... Not planning on being a parent for a LONG time. I originally bought the castle not only for myself, but I bought it for my neice to play with when she comes over (which is often) and it's a huge risk shipping off one pony and having a chance that it will not come back (Cadance is her favourite, and I don't want to break her heart over it not being there.)

and then a few seconds later (before I had a chance to reply) they sent this:

Spoiler
Hello Gabrielle,

I apologize for the second email, but to ensure that your file is accurate and we can handle this in as expeditiously as possible, can you please reply to this incident with the following information:

The age of your niece using the item:
Your telephone number:

We appreciate your bringing this to our attention and look forward to resolving this for you.

Warm regards,

I do not feel comfortable releasing that sort of information to them at all... It is also not my place to disclose it.

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »
Cotton, that is a very odd email. I wouldn't expect or appreciate any toy company asking for that sort of information. I hope your situation is soon resolved! :)

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

CottonTALE

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
Cotton, that is a very odd email. I wouldn't expect or appreciate any toy company asking for that sort of information. I hope your situation is soon resolved! :)
yeah, I told them I do not feel comfortable releasing that information. And this is what the sent back:

Spoiler
Dear Gabrielle,

Thank you for your reply.

I certainly understand if you do not want to share the requested information. Please know that we do value your feedback and your concerns have been shared with our Quality Assurance Department. While I understand you have been able to fix the issue on your own, the return label will be mailed to you should you decide to return it to us. Please let us know if you ever need further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
Well, at least the reply is polite and not intrusive. :) Personally, at this point I would let the matter go and let your niece enjoy the ponies the way they are. And honestly, I don't think a little girl would mind all that much, considering the mark isn't immediately visible. ;)

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
"Hi Gabrielle,

we really didn't bother reading trough what you told us, but here, have this copy of the email we send to all of our unhappy customers blah blah...."

-_-

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

CottonTALE

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
"Hi Gabrielle,

we really didn't bother reading trough what you told us, but here, have this copy of the email we send to all of our unhappy customers blah blah...."

-_-

I know eh? it sounds very cut/copy/paste... I'm quite frankly disapointed in hasbro about this. Previously, they were very nice to me about my problems... Then this just winds up there.

Offline Mysticolt

• Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »
My friend was looking at his Luna Brushable from the Crystal Empire Princess Luna and Rarity set and found this:

Ummmm.... I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this.

My Luna  bought from SoSilver has the same issue, I assumed it was just a normal factory thing?
He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

hamsteh

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 03:32:06 PM »
O.o The replies from Hasbro were odd. Maybe it's just a UK thing, but when I had a complaint about a pony I bought and couldn't easily return, they just went ahead and sent me a 'replacement' pony out.
It wasn't the pony I had a problem with but they gave me a Dewdrop Dazzle instead, so that was alright. xD
I did say that I was a collector though, and that I realised that the quality may not always be perfect since they're intended as toys... But I was pretty disappointed about the pony.
It was a Star Dreams set I bought, and Star Dreams has a purple dot on her cheek. >< Probably some dye that didn't mix properly or something idk. They didn't ask me to send her back though.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Actually I am not surprised to see that kind of reply back from Hasbro to be honest. You have to factor the number of collectors who contact them and who expect/require replacement ponies. If you compare this to their earlier lines and the number of similar complaints they probably got, I would think its much higher with G4 despite the same kind of  issues across both lines. It wouldn't surprise me if they are putting in more rigid procedures and research for complaints. Likewise I am sure the person at the other end of that email is expected to record as much data and information as possible - not that you have to supply it of course. Maybe a marked increase in quality control issues raised has been significant enough to them to put in place different policies?

As for the mark, apologies but for me meh - for the price of the pony and the fact it is a kids toy with a target market who probably are not too bothered by the mark I don't think its a major issue. But that's just me of course :) Hasbro will never know there are some collectors who have issues with this if people dont take the time to raise it with them - so I certainly think if you are not happy you should always be able to express your problems to them. Maybe one day they will properly take note. 

I actually think it looks like its a mould fault issue - it looks like it should be where the tail hole is supposed to be punched but when the mould was completed this guide mark was judged to be incorrect or perhaps even the mould was incorrectly created with 2 tail punch marks and the upper one only is used.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Wow! Interesting!

My Celestia is white so it doesn't show up as much.  But it is... unfortunate that its there at all.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal