collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Museum?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Museum?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »
I've been wanting to do this for years :lovey:

There is an entomological suppliers that I used to go to, they had a huge country house and they lived in half of it, used about a quarter for breeding stock and the rest (including 90% of the gardens) were open to the public displaying loads of entomological goodness - live and dead specimens, history, butterfly houses, and a nature trail in the garden. This is what I shall be basing my MLP museum on, of course I have to win the lotto or something but it is a dream.

I would have various rooms displaying ponies by generation, with playsets all set out, a Nirvana room (or maybe just have them with their regular releases) small theater showing cartoons and movies, restaurant, life-size MLPs in the gardens for kids to play on, and of course the all-important shop.

Obviously I would be living there too so every year I would open a field for a weekend-long MLP Camping Meet (of course ponies would be indoors!!!) Fun, ponies, games, ponies, campfires, ponies, food, ponies, competitions, ponies, exclusives, ponies.....

*pops head on hands and dreams*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
I think it would be awesome.... If there is enough time money and room - go for it!

Mowza2k2

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »
Thank you all for the ideas. I totally forgot about insurance costs.

Also I am studying Computer Science and I have a friend with a similar, though not as grand, idea as me. And he is studying Chemical Engineering. The money is possibly there, just need to make sure it is plausible in the end. And for my major I am required to have a few business courses so I planned on that.

As for a website that hosts my collection? Glad you asked! I do have one. Its fairly amateur at the moment and hasn't been updated in a few months (due to college). I don't have a good camera other than my phone and I don't have a set place to take the pictures. Just wherever I can set my "backdrop" at. My plans are to have a green screen so there is no background.
I am in the process of designing and laying out the webpage in Adobe Dreamweaver and as soon as I can I am purchasing my own website domain name. (As of now my site is hosted through Google sites and I am limited on what I can do with it.)
If you are interested just click on my signature "My Brag List" and it will come up with my site. I have done card scans and have donated the scans to StrawbeeryReef also. If they are accepting I feel my work is decent enough.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
(LOL, there are two museums I'd like to visit, Hathorcats pony room and Glacia's pony room.)

ROFL...you know you are welcome any time! lol! [just give me enough notice to dust...oh and entry costs one packet of milk duds :P]
I'll get you the movie sized box! LOL... Now to amass a small fortune for a plane ticket. I can sleep on your couch right?

Checked out your website mowza2k2, very comprehensive, I'm impressed. There are some amazing things that you can do with dreamweaver, looking forward to checking it out in the future. :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »
It is more for pony related art/customs, but I am part of this (I have customs on display) http://travelingponymuseum.com/ .

Mowza2k2

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »
Checked out your website mowza2k2, very comprehensive, I'm impressed. There are some amazing things that you can do with dreamweaver, looking forward to checking it out in the future. :o)
I'm a very OCD person and it pains me to see the shape the site is in. I know if given enough time I can make it spot on perfect. Its an obvious work in progress. It shall be one of my life achievements.

It is more for pony related art/customs, but I am part of this (I have customs on display) http://travelingponymuseum.com/
As for the traveling pony museum, I've heard of it and got excited till I found out it was all fan made and custom stuff. I would have proudly displayed some of my merchandise there. Where I am good with computers and such (hence my major and the internet site I am working on) I lack in creativity. I will likely hire a friend to help me design the look of the webpage, he is a graphic designer.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:55:23 PM by Mowza2k2 »

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
I'm sure many of US would love to see an MLP museum, but other than collectors and maybe some kids (who would probably only be interested in G4) and some people who had ponies as a kid but don't collect, I honestly kind of doubt that there would be a ton of interest. Like others have said, it's just too specific.

Also, how many people would really want their precious collections 'living' elsewhere? I personally wouldn't want my rare/valuable things somewhere other than my home. :lookround: But showing them off online is fun! Of course I do just speak for myself here, so...

Anyway, I agree that a virtual museum is maybe a more plausible idea.

I do think it would be awesome to have a museum that was like, toys from the 80's to current or something. MLP could have it's own huge section but there'd be tons of other cool stuff to draw in a wider crowd. That's a nice fantasy...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:18:39 PM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal