collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Disease...?  (Read 597 times)

nyukasami

• Trade Count: (0)
Pony Disease...?
« on: January 17, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »
Hello everyone!

I bought Curly Locks from fellow member Lancer. She's so pretty, but she needs a good bath!

She's kind of brown and I'm afraid it might be either staining/yellowing or smooze! I'm more afraid it might be staining because I don't know a cure for it! ): Not sure if it's smooze because the dirt is noticeable to be in the plastic's pores but the little dots are not black, they're just brown.

I want to hear some advice before I wash her, especially because she is a Brush 'n' Grow pony, and I don't know if the water will damage the mechanism or not.

Help, please! Here's some pictures up close of her legs:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Disease...?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
That seems pretty smooze-esque to me.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »
Yep pin dot looking I think. There is a tutorial but basically really hot water, soap and nail scrubbing should help.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:50:19 AM »
Yeah, that's definitely smooze! It'll take some elbow grease but at least she's not a lost cause!! :)

nyukasami

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »
Thanks guys! But most important of all: can water damage the mechanism??

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
You just need to put her legs under rinsing hot water and if you are reasonably careful you don' have to soak her.  :) I have even washed the tail on my brush n' grow and her mechanism is still working so I don't think you have to worry.

nyukasami

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
You just need to put her legs under rinsing hot water and if you are reasonably careful you don' have to soak her.  :) I have even washed the tail on my brush n' grow and her mechanism is still working so I don't think you have to worry.

Thanks for the advice! But the problem is that it's not just on her legs, it's all over her body. Bum, back, legs and face... That's why I'm a bit worried about harming her mechanism. But anyways, I'm going to give her a bath soon! Thanks everyone for the advice!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 03:34:57 PM »
I agree its ingrained dirt and warm water, a soft soap and elbow grease will fix it. :)

You will not damage her mechanism with the water but I would suggest trying not to completely submerge her and limiting as much as possible the water which gets inside her is a good idea. If you wind her tail in as far as possible while of course leaving enough to pull it back out, you will block the tail hole. Just make sure she is completely dried out when  you are done.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »
I've cleaned a number of BnG's, and as everyone has said, as long as she's not submerged, she should be fine. One thing I would suggest though: once you're done washing her, pull the tail out all the way to dry. Even if you didn't wash the tail, water will still probably get in, and you'll want to make sure it dries out completely.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »
My curly locks had the same problem, only hers was luckily just on her legs. I stood her in a bowl of napisan (the NZ version of 'oxyclean' I think) that bubbled up to the tops of her legs, without having her tail hole submerged (I had her tail and mane draped over the edge of the bowl). The Napisan did most of the hard work for me  :)  Like the others, I'd suggest a bit of elbow grease for the rest for her body, or at least trying to submerge only the parts of the body that won't draw in water.

Having said that, I am relieved to hear some people say that a bit of water inside won't affect the mechanism - I always worry about that when washing BnGs!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:33 AM »
I had a baity Ringlets whose mechanism worked perfectly fine. I washed her at least twice (washed as in, I wasn't paying attention to her mechanism so I probably soaked her pretty well) and the mechanism stayed intact. but I agree with the othjers, better be safe than sorry though she should look so pretty when you've cleaned all that smooze off!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

nyukasami

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:38 AM »
Does anybody know what Vanish Oxi Action is? Oxi Clean isn't sold in my country, and I think the equivalent to it is Vanish Oxi Action... Since I don't have bait ponies, has anyone tried it??

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 03:12:00 AM »
Does anybody know what Vanish Oxi Action is? Oxi Clean isn't sold in my country, and I think the equivalent to it is Vanish Oxi Action... Since I don't have bait ponies, has anyone tried it??

Oxiclean works simply as activated hydrogen peroxide would - essentially an oxygen based bleach. Vanish Oxi and Oxiclean have the same active agents so yet they are in many ways the same product. 

You may also have a product called Oxymagic in Portugal - this does the same thing.

Also baking soda plus hydrogen peroxide plus hot water does the exact same thing as both of them. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

nyukasami

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 06:25:18 AM »

Oxiclean works simply as activated hydrogen peroxide would - essentially an oxygen based bleach. Vanish Oxi and Oxiclean have the same active agents so yet they are in many ways the same product. 

Thanks! I bought a package of Vanish Oxi Action today and I'm going to try it with Curly Locks later. I'm going to try applying a small amount with a cotton swab or a cotton pad on a place that's affected but won't ruin her(I'm thinking about trying an area that affected in the inner part of one of her back legs).

Thanks everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal