collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling my Collection - Any Tips?  (Read 338 times)

Xeiras

• Trade Count: (0)
Selling my Collection - Any Tips?
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »
Hello everyone! I haven't been able to get online for a while now because I have been so busy with college. But the sad news is.. I'm selling my G3 Collection. :cry:
Due to the growing need for money to pay for my college equipment and various other things I have the need to sell them. I also think someone out there would look after them far better than me since they have just been stuck in boxes for a very long time. :blush:
I'm just wondering since I know there are many of you who have sold ponies before, have you got any tips on how to go about selling them? Also there is many of them which I don't know the names of, so how should I go about identifying them too! But the key information I'm looking for is  such as where, how and prices?

Thank you to anyone who helps me out with this question! :biggrin:

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
Re: Selling my Collection - Any Tips?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:41 AM »
I've been selling my G3s here on the arena by putting up a list in the sale section.
My favorite site for G3 identification is http://www.strawberryreef.com/
As for price I often take a look at ended auctions on ebay for the particular pony and then sort of average the number to get my price. Ebay has a lot of fluctuating prices so this isn't the most accurate method. Maybe someone else will have better advice on pricing.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »
First off if you can post a few group pictures. That will aid in ID'g and pricing. Yes, strawberryreef is great!
Depending on condition you may want to sell commons in groups as g3's are great for customizers-we can tell you which are more common if you're not sure. Mail orders will more than likely sell very quick and store exclusives.
Add a link to your sales in your signature and you'd be good to go...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
Are you going to try to list them on here first?

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:42:41 AM »
G3s really don't fetch much in terms of profit. I see people struggling to sell them for $3 each. The harder to find ones (like fair exclusives, euro exclusives, frisco etc) however are quite pricey.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »
First :hug: s that you have decided to sell your collection. I know that feeling about real life taking priority - it doesnt make it any easier but at least if you sell on here you know they are going to great collectors. I hope you manage to keep your favourites.

The easiest way to sell anything online = fantastic pictures! :)

As Eternia says many G3s price themselves anywhere from $2-5 with most hovering in the middle of that. I would offer them initially individually but sometimes you will find G3s sell better if you can offer price deals or even groups of them at better prices. But try one by one at the start as you never know who is looking for what.

It depends on how many you have for sale as to how you list them. I have always found that pictures rather than a list of ponies will get the most attention. But if you have lots and lots of ponies, for ease you may be best picturing batches of ponies and then listing others you have available; gradually take more pictures and replace the list with more images.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 02:23:58 PM »
Yes a lot of pictures. lists is .. boring.. (sorry)
and like me that don't can the names on g3's dont have the time to look them up on google..

so pictures is the best =)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal