collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone collect Rose Petal Place? I have a question.  (Read 580 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Does anyone collect Rose Petal Place? I have a question.
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
I just got my first vintage Rose Petal Place dolls, Rose Petal and Lily Fair.  I was under the impression that they were MIB, but they've definitely been handled, though very gently.  Anyway, here's my question:  Is Rose Petal supposed to come with underwear?  Mine looks complete, except that she doesn't have panties.  (I hate that word, "panties."  Sounds so prissy.)
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Does anyone collect Rose Petal Place? I have a question.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:12:36 PM »
I had them when I was little but I just cannot recall.  If there is no painted underwear, I would think there would be fabric ones.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:23:11 PM »
The ones that I have do not. Their legs are kind of painted to look like tights but I don't have any with undergarments on.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 02:32:53 AM »
Oh!  Now that I look at Rose more carefully, she is indeed "wearing" painted tights.  I'd noticed that on Lily, but hers are blue and much more obvious, and she's wearing a sort of leotard with a skirt tied around her waist, so she doesn't really need underwear.  Rose's pink painted tights are so close to close to flesh-color that I hadn't seen it before, and I hadn't taken her dress all the way off to check.

Thanks!  OK, that makes me feel better that she is indeed complete.  Her other flaws are tiny and don't really bother me.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
I see your question is answered, but I just wanted to chime in and say that none of the RPP dolls came with underwear.  (I also hate the word panties)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 10:09:27 PM »
MLP will always be my main collecting obsession, but I've gone over the edge and have started collecting other lines from the 80's as well:  Rose Petal, Lady Lovely Locks, She-Ra, Strawberry Shortcake, Sea Wees, Shimmers, Fashion Star Fillies, Matchbox Carousel Horses, Enchanted Kingdom Horses, Voltron, and a few others.  I swear, I'm gonna have to start a toy museum someday, 'cause I won't have anywhere else to put all this stuff!  I'd love to collect Breyer horses too, but there are soooo many of them, and they can get pretty expensive, and I hardly know anything about them; wouldn't know where to start.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
I saw "Matchbox Carousel Horses," and went hmmmm?  So I looked them up.  They are pretty!  Did they make many of them?  I've never heard of them before.....  Any info?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
MLP will always be my main collecting obsession, but I've gone over the edge and have started collecting other lines from the 80's as well:  Rose Petal, Lady Lovely Locks, She-Ra, Strawberry Shortcake, Sea Wees, Shimmers, Fashion Star Fillies, Matchbox Carousel Horses, Enchanted Kingdom Horses, Voltron, and a few others.  I swear, I'm gonna have to start a toy museum someday, 'cause I won't have anywhere else to put all this stuff!  I'd love to collect Breyer horses too, but there are soooo many of them, and they can get pretty expensive, and I hardly know anything about them; wouldn't know where to start.

I don't collect Rose Petal Place merchandise (yet), but I loved it as a little girl and have been wanting to start.  I have to sell off tons of MLPs, though, to create both money and room for them, lol.  I do have some LLL and She-Ra stuff (not much, just a few things), and would like to collect Strawberry Shortcake as well.  How funny that we have all that in common!  :P

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »
'kitter:  There's actually a Matchbox carousel discussion going on right now; I think it's in the Off Topic forum.  Sparkleset posted lots of pics, and I requested she post one of her big carousel playset.  You gotta see that; it's the best part of the whole line.  I recently got the display stand, and I have 6 MOC horses/animals.  The Fancy Trotters are the prettiest (and most expensive), but I don't have any of them yet.

lochness:  Yep, we children of the 80's are very attached to our toys, aren't we?  We had some AWESOME toy lines!  I'm really quite fond of my Shimmers and Sea Wees too; they're so cute and well-designed; Kenner made some good stuff.  I really like She-Ra too (pretty women who can fight, plus they had unicorns and castles!).  Just got my first Fashion Star Filly and Enchanted Kingdom Horse, and I'm excited about them too.

Just for fun, here's a pic of my Shimmers.  It's a bit outdated now; I now have combs for all the loose ones, and all their babies too except for the orange bird girl in the middle.  Just need that baby (Winglet) and sets for Pepper (yellow centauress) and Deerlene (purple deer girl), and then I'll be done!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
I love Rose Petal Place and LOOOVE the Shimmers-   kellyponyfeathers, I have lots of extras and might be able to help you out with what you are missing-

These are my favorite girls- they never made it into production, alas

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 07:39:35 PM »
*GASP*  YOU HAVE THE PROTOTYPES???!!!  SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!

*sigh* Seawave!  Zebrina and Zebrette!  Swirl and Swizzle!  And is that Mist and Flicker?  Wow. . . .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:53:26 PM by kellyponyfeathers »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »
I would kill for one of the sea horse prototypes. O
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:32:58 AM »
Knowing nothing about the Shimmers, I have to laugh.  This must be how non-MLP collectors feel when we get excited about mail orders, nirvanas, and rare pony finds like magenta Satin n' Lace or Mountain Boys, lol.  You know that's why some sellers have their old MLP lots at crazy starting bids like $100 for a bunch of dirty, common G1s with lots of flaws.  They must check the completed listings and think to themselves, "Wow, someone paid $120 for five ponies??  Surely I can ask that much for mine... I've got at least 20!"  Of course they have no idea that there was a Munchy in the lot, or a rare accessory, or a few Birth Flower ponies. ;-)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal