collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I feel spoilery...  (Read 8661 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: I feel spoilery...
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
BAB= Cuddly.  There is the C.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
I'm kinda "meh" about it.  I think plushies are cute, but I'm not the biggest fan of collecting them.  I'd rather have actual ponies, and not expensive plushies I have to get at a specialty store.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »
I'm kinda "meh" about it.  I think plushies are cute, but I'm not the biggest fan of collecting them.  I'd rather have actual ponies, and not expensive plushies I have to get at a specialty store.

Yeah... The closest Build-A-Bear for me is roughly 10 hours away in Boise, and last time I was there the cheapest bears were 10 bucks, and I have no doubt Pony BABs would be more than that... I can't get very excited about expensive pony plushies that I can't even go get. Hopefully there's much more to look forward to.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »
I was thinking of either sending my sibling to a store, or seeing if somepony here would be willing.   
:socks:   :frog:

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »

Yeah... The closest Build-A-Bear for me is roughly 10 hours away in Boise, and last time I was there the cheapest bears were 10 bucks, and I have no doubt Pony BABs would be more than that... I can't get very excited about expensive pony plushies that I can't even go get. Hopefully there's much more to look forward to.

There is actually one in Billings too. At least when I went there in September. Still that is what, a 5-6 hour drive for you?

Like I mentioned before, we will likely have the chance to order these from the website as well. It just won't be "personalized" like being in an actual store.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »
Oh, I remember taking that survey when it was up!

I still have never bought anything from Build-a-Bear for two reasons...

1) I have it in my head that they're VERY expensive..... but I don't actually KNOW their prices, I'm just guessing. How much are they?

2) The whole interactive, over-the-top "experience" of building a bear gives me an anxiety attack just thinking about it. I like to be left alone in stores while shopping. This is like the complete opposite of that.  :huh: :(

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »
Oh, I remember taking that survey when it was up!

I still have never bought anything from Build-a-Bear for two reasons...

1) I have it in my head that they're VERY expensive..... but I don't actually KNOW their prices, I'm just guessing. How much are they?

2) The whole interactive, over-the-top "experience" of building a bear gives me an anxiety attack just thinking about it. I like to be left alone in stores while shopping. This is like the complete opposite of that.  :huh: :(
I've bought from Build-A-Bear quite a few times, and though I haven't been there recently, my "bears" usually cost $20-$25 each depending on the clothes and such you got for them.

I feel you on the second part though. I wasn't a particularly big fan of the "Okay now close your eyes and kiss the heart and turn around three times and make a wish!" thing. Even when I was little I found that needlessly embarrassing.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
I find it embarrassing too, but I'll do it if it means getting my pony now rather than waiting for it to be shipped. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »
I think they might do a Spike, actually. In the poll they had a couple of months ago, he was mentioned, along with the mane six and maybe Celestia

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2013, 01:36:46 PM »
LOL! I know a bunch of full grown male pony fans that might feel a little squirmish about that cute lil chant!  .. and kissing their Plushie in public... xD

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »

There is actually one in Billings too. At least when I went there in September. Still that is what, a 5-6 hour drive for you?

Like I mentioned before, we will likely have the chance to order these from the website as well. It just won't be "personalized" like being in an actual store.

Gaah, Google maps lies to me yet again... But yeah, still way too far for me to ask someone to drive me just for stuffed animals...
I guess I'll wait and see what they look like, and if I can order them through the site. (And how much they cost...)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
LOL! I know a bunch of full grown male pony fans that might feel a little squirmish about that cute lil chant!  .. and kissing their Plushie in public... xD

I made my brother in law do it. Go ahead, bring a family member. It's worth it ;)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »
I have it on good authority that the C has nothing to do with build-a-bear. Don't ask me for more info because that is all that I know.

Now that I can still hope for brushables, I can say that I feel a little more interested in the BAB plushes....at least what they would look like. I don't plan on getting any of them.

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »
I'm still holding out hope for those translucent glittery ponies, however unlikely it seems now! C for crystal empire? :p

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
I'm still holding out hope for those translucent glittery ponies, however unlikely it seems now! C for crystal empire? :p
That's what I'm holding out for too!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal