collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay not received an item  (Read 656 times)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
ebay not received an item
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:44:47 AM »
I bought the g1 school house off ebay and paid for it on the 1st January 13.

not having received the item yet I have messaged the seller twice with no response. the item is coming from uk so I know that it is not stook over seas.

I have openned a case with ebay. But it it to soon I mean nearly two weeks for a package that was ment to be sent 1st class recorded.

I did not pay alot for it but they did way overcharge on postage which I don't mind so much but I would still want the item

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the dam thing has still not arrived and ebay will not let me reopen the original/ new case against them. and paypal will not let me because I opened one through ebay.

once again the seller is MIA and no responses to any messages. I am going to write this off as I don't have the time to be chasing people around for the sake of a 99p item. so if anyone is interested the seller is  kittyfootcurios  on ebay I am going to leave her negative feed back as she obviously has no care for customer support.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:02:10 AM by cyberunicorn »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: ebay not received an item
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:16 AM »
I am honestly not sure what the average shipping time is between peeps in the UK. I am in the US.

Is the item marked as shipped on ebay?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cyberunicorn

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:21:23 AM »
no I have not heard a thing from them and it has not being marked as posted. for first class it is normally a couple of days minimum

I think it is more that I have not heard anything from them that is making me worried about it. Am not angry with them I just need to know that is going on. they have really good feed back.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »
I think you are perfectly justified in opening a case. If you paid on the 1st, you should have it by now. Even if they waited a few days to ship - like if they waited until the 4th to send it, and they sent it First Class, you should have it by now. My Christmas cards made it from Canada to the UK in exactly a week, so I think you should definitely have your First Class shipment by now.

And you tried to do it amicably by sending 2 messages. If they choose not to respond, they can't complain about you opening a case.

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
I don't blame you for moving forward in opening a case.  Besides, the seller still has an opportunity to make things right before you have to escalate the case.  Hopefully, he/she will do the right thing and get in touch with you.  I had a similar experience on ebay with a seller with great feedback.  It can be frustrating for sure! 
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »
Assuming it was sent the very next day, its only been 9 days, not all the much. It is still holiday time and the seller may be out of town. I don't understand why buyers open cases so quickly. You have 45 days to do so. Opening cases hurts sellers :( When was the first time you messaged them? The second?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:16:19 PM »
Assuming it was sent the very next day, its only been 9 days, not all the much. It is still holiday time and the seller may be out of town. I don't understand why buyers open cases so quickly. You have 45 days to do so. Opening cases hurts sellers :( When was the first time you messaged them? The second?

The problem here isn't necessarily that it hasn't arrived yet, it's that the seller has not responded to the buyer...or noted that the item was shipped either. I would be worried too and I think she is justified in opening a case.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »

The problem here isn't necessarily that it hasn't arrived yet, it's that the seller has not responded to the buyer...or noted that the item was shipped either. I would be worried too and I think she is justified in opening a case.

Was a tracking number uploaded? How long has it been since you've email her without a response? If its only been a day or two, again they may be busy. I still think its way to early to file, but that's just my opinion. The most important thing to remember is that you have up until 5 days to file.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »
Well she said she paid for it on the first and it's now almost the twelfth. If. Didn't have a shipping confirmation or any messages from the seller, I would open a case too.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »

no it was not the second. I am not that trigger happy and it is also the first case that I have ever opened against a seller. it was after the end date specified by ebay for postage then I waited the recommended two days before asking them for the tracking number. then about three days until opening the case. neither time have I being rude to the seller and I have no intention of leaving neg feed back providing everything is as should be with the item if it actually arrives. but i if I get no response then I will escalate it. it is what I would expect if it was the other way round.

Sadly I know it hurts the seller but if they are going to go away during the time they have listings up they can but up in there listing about being away and postage will take longer. It would not put me off buying it just let me know to expect a delay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a response on what is going on and since that is all I wanted I am going to go ahead and close it.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:53:22 PM by cyberunicorn »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 03:33:21 AM »
I am glad to hear you finally received a response. Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
I'm very glad to hear that the seller finally responded :bigups:  it was the lack of communication to start with that was most worrying , rather than the delay in postage (since I know from experience with Royal mail that while the item *should* be there within a couple of days  posting first class, I sent an item once to another person in the UK first class and it took over 2 weeks to arrive :crazy:  understandably the buyer was worried.  Also a lot of UK posties are not delivering items as often as they used to. Some people are only getting mail 1-3 times a week depending on where they live :yikes: )
Hopefully everything is ok now and you'll receive your schoolhouse soon :)  (  - love that playset! :heart: )

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 08:10:09 AM »

no it was not the second. I am not that trigger happy and it is also the first case that I have ever opened against a seller. it was after the end date specified by ebay for postage then I waited the recommended two days before asking them for the tracking number. then about three days until opening the case. neither time have I being rude to the seller and I have no intention of leaving neg feed back providing everything is as should be with the item if it actually arrives. but i if I get no response then I will escalate it. it is what I would expect if it was the other way round.

Sadly I know it hurts the seller but if they are going to go away during the time they have listings up they can but up in there listing about being away and postage will take longer. It would not put me off buying it just let me know to expect a delay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a response on what is going on and since that is all I wanted I am going to go ahead and close it.

When I said the second, I was refering to the second time you mailed them. No worries. Glad it worked out. I don't mean to come off the way I did, but people will say "OMG I've emailed the seller and no responce, I better open a case to get my money back and leave neg feedback" when its been less than 24 hours when they first contacted them.  I've had a buyer email me with a minor issue then open a case 2 hours later and said I wouldn't respond to emails, so I admit I get a little defensive in these type of things.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 08:33:51 AM »

When I said the second, I was refering to the second time you mailed them. No worries. Glad it worked out. I don't mean to come off the way I did, but people will say "OMG I've emailed the seller and no responce, I better open a case to get my money back and leave neg feedback" when its been less than 24 hours when they first contacted them.  I've had a buyer email me with a minor issue then open a case 2 hours later and said I wouldn't respond to emails, so I admit I get a little defensive in these type of things.
[/quote]

no problem. The seller seemed genuine in her reasons given and is going to send out the item. I have already let them know that it is not going to impact feed back as long as everything else goes ok.

I sell on ebay as well so can see both sides of the argument. I just hope that she does not go back on her word though

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal