collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y! are you hyped?  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y! are you hyped?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 04:08:16 AM »
So just when is this one coming out? *goes to check for more info*
I've been meaning to play any Pokemon for years now and never did. The frog lover in me want to pick this cute little groggy but I might go for the fox, might be an easier start?

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:40 PM »
Not hyped per se, but I will check serebii now and then and keep my eyes out once it's released in English. I didn't mind the 5th gen strangely enough and even found some of the new pokemon to have a lot of charm to them, so if the 6th gen pokes are nice and the story is good I may have to give the new games a try. Pokemon Silver on the GBC will always have my heart, though. 
:lovey:

Also, I think I'll go with the fire starter. It's a tradition.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:56:13 PM by OneWingChangeling »

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 10:44:10 PM »
Me me me, I'm hyped! But then again, Nintendo and Gamefreak have owned my soul for like 15 years now. I was disappointed that B2/W2 weren't for the 3DS, so I'm really excited for this one. Plus the new gameplay looks really intriguing. And the fox starter is adorbs. But why is there another frog? There are entirely too many frog and monkey pokemon, and not nearly enough equine pokemon. I'm also excited that the game is being released at the same time worldwide, since they haven't done anything like that before and the Japanese usually have a good 6 month head start at least :P (Not that I had much of a problem with it before, but releasing it to everyone at once is kind of novel and fun.)

I should probably put down Harvest Moon long enough to finish White 2 first though...I've had it since it came out and I'm only at the 4th gym or so...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 11:10:11 PM »
I think you can skip ro white 2 without many problems. I am very happy with w2.
I agree there. I started playing Black when it first came and out and didn't really get too far. Not that I didn't enjoy, just that I couldn't get into it. I also felt like I should finish Black first before starting Black2 but I went ahead and started it anyway! I actually think Black2 is better - although a little overwhelming at first - and partly that is due to the inclusion of the older Pokemon early on. (Plus I love Growlithe, ok and it is available very early).

I agree with this. ^_~

I can't wait for the new game. I am a little skeptical.. I'll always love the older games much better.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
My son danced when he heard the news.  Literally danced.  He's been a Pokémon fan since kindergarten, started on my old GameBoy with my old copy of Red, and has played them all (or close to all).  I play 'em too, and not just so he has somepony to trade with. :whistle:

As for me, I didn't really enjoy B/W nor B2/W2 the way I'd hoped I might.  There was something kinda off-putting about both.  Black2 was the first Pokémon game I've actually left unfinished, just a big meh in my humble opinion.  I don't even know if I'll be getting the B/W Mystery Dungeon, and I loved Explorers of Sky. :huh:

That said, I remain cautiously optimistic for a gen 6.  Perhaps it'll be something new?  I remember seeing the hoax for a gen 0 (where you play young Oak or Agatha) and that had some intriguing ideas... if fans can come up with good new spins on an old favourite, why not Nintendo? ^.^ *keeping hooves crossed*

Wish we could re-use the Pokéwalkers from SS/HG in this new game!  I loved using it as a step counter, too. ;)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »
Did not like Blk/Wht and traded it in, then got Blk/Wht2 and started playing it like three weeks ago. I did get the Poke Dream Radar downloaded onto my 3DS and that's kinda a fun little extra.

I'm ready for new pokemon !!  :lol:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »
Hubby is really excited, and he's been showing me a bunch of the new Pokemon, some are really cool!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
I'm excited, but I do think I might not buy it. It does not seem worth buying a 3DS for. But I'll certainly be following it, and still buying the 1 inch figures if I can find any. :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
Me! I'm really hyped :D

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »
My husband just told me about this today, I'm so excited! I won't be playing it with 3D turned on though, it makes me feel ill lol  :X

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »
I'm so excited! Love Fennekin! I can't believe a new generation is coming out this year. I still play all my older generations and I feel there's still so much to discover.

I already know I want X. I love that deer thing.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »
FFENEKIINN

I'm pretty excited, except I don't own a 3Ds

darn I need money XD

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
It's definitely worth the money to invest in a 3DS.   I upgraded my old aqua blue 3DS back in October to the pretty new blue 3DS XL. So for those of you who don't own one yet, I say it's definitely worth the extra money to go for the XL. It's so much bigger and the screen looks so much better. You'll get to see all those Pokemon much more clearly on that screen!

I'm looking pretty forward to this game. The new battle animations are awesome!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Catherine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »
I was thrilled when I saw the news! Especially the bits about the worldwide release (definitely a promising direction - particularly if the events go the same way) and that fire starter is utterly adorable! The water one isn't bad either. I can't wait to have a game I can play through that I haven't already spoiled for myself by constantly following the progress of others on the Japanese version. I haven't had that kind of experience since the original Gold and Silver days!

I'm iffy on the graphics, but I usually am until I get used to them. I'm just trying to remember that the games aren't out for a while yet, so it's likely they're still smoothing out the rough patches The only real issue I see is the 3DS. I have one, but as of right now I still prefer my DSI screen (besides seeming larger, it also seems so much brighter and crisper). I might just pick up the XL when it comes nearer the time - the picture quality seems to be better.

I do hope that they don't try making a clean break from the older generations again. I love having some of my old favorites around for my first run through. Just think of all the Pokemon to choose from! :biggrin:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
I am so stoked for this! I am definitely getting Y and I'm going to start with Froakie! <3 I can't wait for the Japanese magazines to start sharing this information so I can go to my local Japanese grocery store, that has a Sanseido bookstore in it, and buy it!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal