collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All the Sims!  (Read 3034 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: All the Sims!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »
BlackCurtains: Ooh how'd you get the Sims to work on OS X? I only have a PC copy

Aspyr made an OS X version in 2007? I want to say (can't find the box atm). I found a copy of the Sims Complete Collection for 10 bucks on eBay. Works great! I still have my many discs for PC, but I'm not interested in running Boot Camp (unless it's for Win '98 SE, lol) but I thought for 10 bucks, and one disc it was a great deal. I'm still running Snow Leopard, btw.

Also I have researched all the problems that plague the Mac community and how EA just moves threads and junk to avoid fixing it.

I know! Isn't that awful? It's like a conspiracy or something. The last time I was in the Mac forums on the Sims3 site, a moderator hadn't posted once in something like 6 months - yet they kept deleting (massive) threads where people were complaining.

When Pets came out, there was a game breaking glitch where any horse on screen would cause your Mac to completely lock up. Most people couldn't fix it without taking out the battery :shocked: And EA's response when they finally addressed everyone? Upgrade to Snow Leopard. The system requirements INCLUDED Leopard. People had a fit about having to pay another $40 to upgrade to play a $40 game that was supposed to run on the system.

And that's about when I looked up Sims 1 for OS X :P Since then I have upgraded to Snow Leopard but I haven't even tried Pets to see if it's fixed. I basically played it once to make a cat. I uninstalled it and just play the base game + Stuff Pack now. I'm too afraid to try anything else!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:17:46 AM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:24 AM »
BlackCurtains: Ooh how'd you get the Sims to work on OS X? I only have a PC copy

Aspyr made an OS X version in 2007? I want to say (can't find the box atm). I found a copy of the Sims Complete Collection for 10 bucks on eBay. Works great! I still have my many discs for PC, but I'm not interested in running Boot Camp (unless it's for Win '98 SE, lol) but I thought for 10 bucks, and one disc it was a great deal. I'm still running Snow Leopard, btw.
And that's the awful thing about legacy Mac OS X games. Most of the games that are written for older Macs requires Rosetta technology to run on newer Macs, and Rosetta was retired when Lion was launched. Heck, my printer ceased working when I bought a Mac Mini because Lion no longer supports Rosetta (which the drivers require) and I had to wait half a year for an updated driver!

If you ended up with a Mac that only works with Lion, then using Boot Camp to run the Windows version of the game is pretty much the only option when it comes to running games written during the era of PowerPC Macs :/ At least, unless someone comes up with a Rosetta substitute.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:24:50 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 03:55:01 AM »
The Sims 2 for the PC and Sims 2 Pets for PS2 was my life for about a year. I had tonnes of custom content on the PC one including horses, skins, hairstyles, clothing etc. I then got Sims 3 after a while and started making my little pony horses. My favorite I made was Gusty :P

jennovazombie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 04:05:35 AM »
Uhhh....this is my life.  :P
I have Sims 3 on both of my laptops, my current goal is to make my evil genius into the emperor of evil and then have a party and serve only cookies.
My other laptop wouldn't install World Adventures for some reason, which is kind of sad so I don't play on it much. I wish my computer was powerful enough to run Seasons, but it is just barely able to run the game currently!

The Sims3 store has taken all of my extra money it seems. I just cannot resist those beautiful add-ons. I don't really trust third-party custom content anymore after something I downloaded from a well-known site royally messed up my old laptop with Sims 2. I used to make custom content in high school, that was lots of fun too.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
-sneaks in-

I am totally not addicted to Sims 3 Seasons.. :silly:

Eep, really didn't like Sims 3 at first and passed it along (Sims 2 was fabby, and weird Sims 3 graphics were weird ;)), but I recently bought the special edition with Seasons thrown in and it's amazing.. Pets or Generations seem pretty cool too, but I'm not sure whether to get another expansion: my computer is a bit hissy with them!! ;o

A few years ago, a friend (at the time.. >.>) let me install all of her Sims 2 expansions.. she had *all* of them except pets, was so cool!! I remember making a Sims Sunnydale as I was quite into Buffy.. I installed Sims 2 again in December (before my Sims 3 disk came), made lots of Grey's Anatomy characters; thinking of doing that again on 3.

Currently have a Sims 3 persona, Rowan.. have managed to get her to Residency in the med career (if only they did nursing! ^.^), she even has my currently purple hair and a passion for baking, eep! :happy:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:38:12 PM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »
Yeah, I might get to the point where I will want BootCamp and all that fun stuff because I just love my Mac and but like to take the Sims 2 and 1. Of course without having to rebuy them, and because the discs don't work anymore on the new OS like RAMChYLD said.

I would totally dig it if they played on iPad so I could steal my dad's and it would be nice and portable. I do however have enough sims taking over my life!  :silly:

I definitely have Lion as that's what it was when I bought it lol! It would be nice to have it on one disc. I still see the old sims boxes, the really large ones, in thrift stores. Maybe I should grab em for wall art! Bwahahaha....or print them out..... They are kind of cool I think!

I know! Isn't that awful? It's like a conspiracy or something. The last time I was in the Mac forums on the Sims3 site, a moderator hadn't posted once in something like 6 months - yet they kept deleting (massive) threads where people were complaining.

It really is kind of sad, they just don't dedicate any time to learning the Mac stuff. Maybe because they decided to have one set of staff due to cost and just ignore things they don't understand!  :drunk: Cider Cider Cider.

I have kept up with the glitches since Pets because I really wanted to be able to play on my mac when I'm away from home/whatnot. I love the seasons glitch where fall seems to turn lots into a big pile of poop. (Basically)

I'm sorry it's been such a problem for you! I'm glad you still enjoy it as much as you can...but am sorry they run around things as much as they do...

The Sims 2 for the PC and Sims 2 Pets for PS2 was my life for about a year. I had tonnes of custom content on the PC one including horses, skins, hairstyles, clothing etc. I then got Sims 3 after a while and started making my little pony horses. My favorite I made was Gusty :P
I love my custom content for sims 2 right now. They look soo pretty compared to when I played without it!  Hair is my weakness  :blush:

Aww Gusty! You don't have any pictures do you? I will eventually get around to making ponies and pony people.

Uhhh....this is my life.  :P
I have Sims 3 on both of my laptops, my current goal is to make my evil genius into the emperor of evil and then have a party and serve only cookies.

The Sims3 store has taken all of my extra money it seems. I just cannot resist those beautiful add-ons. I don't really trust third-party custom content anymore after something I downloaded from a well-known site royally messed up my old laptop with Sims 2. I used to make custom content in high school, that was lots of fun too.

Haha! I love the evil genius traits together. There is some awesome to be had and those faces they make~

Seasons is super powerful, takes a lot to run it @_@ I will test it out more on my PC but I'm sure it will take a beating.
I love/hate the store stuff. They have some nice things and then others that are masquerading as new items when they really weren't!
I'm super happy they released a Monte Vista boxed version and will see if it gets discounted like Hidden Springs, but I am sad to see Sunlit Tides being almost what....$43?! And for all the cool stuff you'd actually want...total bummer. CC is always questionable! Love the beautiful creations but worry about what's in some of them....so yay for Delphy.~
If you made CC that's fantastic! I wanted to dabble in it but always pushed it aside for other things like tennis  :biggrin:

-sneaks in-

I am totally not addicted to Sims 3 Seasons.. :silly:

Yay for Buffy and Greys Anatomy! I would love to have some of them floating around in my games.

I too passed up Sims 3 initially because it did look weird but I really enjoy it now that it's developed more.  Generations has a lot of new interactions and some fun objects for the kids, and Pets has HORSES.....and some neat clothes. If your computer is a bit hissy, maybe Gen would be better. Unless you want ponies of course :heart:

Simself....I need to make one eventually too. I can do others but not myself!  :blush:

I'll need to start posting pictures of silly sims soon. I have a few....be back later  ;)

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »
I'm on the fence about reinstalling the Sims for the last couple of weeks now... but I have so many other things to work on before I can play games!  That and I'd have to go get Awesomemod again, totally makes the game way more playable and fixes a lot of the bugs EA leaves behind.  Hrrrrmmmmm

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »
but I have so many other things to work on before I can play games!

Yes yes, if you install the sims you may lose more time than you can afford!  :P
Awesomemod was pretty cool, but I am sticking to NRAAS at least for the time being ^^

Here's some silly pics. The first three are of one household's cat being a goober. <3 Sorry the first two are dark, it was night and I didn't enhance it....

He's gonna teach that faucet a lesson!

Guardian? A bit silly...but he sat there almost all night!

He HATES waffles. Like Seriously hates them and it baffles me. :heart:

Yay! 2nd House but just a silly picture of her making a stinky face at her own beloved dog, who happens to be stinky...

And the third: lovely girl, funny faces!

A girl was on stage behind her and she is simply thinking that she's better. XD I love it

A guy was trying to get her attention but she did this and stormed away from him....she is a little bit of a meanie  :blush:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »
All I have is The Sims 3 pets for the 3DS. It's surprisingly good for a handheld game and got great reviews. Most of the old handheld Sims games got bad reviews.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
Ginger The orginal sims was the bomb! My classmates and I were all kinds of obsessed and I played with my best friend all the time. There are some good jokes and I miss the language...and my Sailor Scouts custom content....
Sims 3 is a lot of fun with the later expansions. At first it really doesn't seem super fun but it got better down the road minus their bugs and all.  Look out for sales on the expansions if you want them...that's what I try to do even if it doesn't happen all too often.  >_<

Oh my gosh LOL!! I had the Sailor Scout skins too- LOVED IT!!!! I eventually found Harry Potter and yu-gi-oh too rofl.

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »
I love sims! I started with the Sims 2 and played Sims 3 for a while before it began to take an hour for the game to load. I usually play sims in three stages: one stage where I make self and friend sims and see how accurately we are portrayed in game, one stage where I create my own little utopian neighborhood but never play it because I'm too busy making other cool lots, and one stage where I get the sudden urge to delete some pool ladders or put a cheap stove in a room full of wicker furniture. :blush:

Anybody make custom content? I tried, but never could figure it out.

Melissa

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »
I've had most of the expansions for each iteration of The Sims. I have to say, as far as genetics go, I loved TS2 because there was so much more variation in facial structure. I resisted TS3 for a long time because all of their faces look doughy to me... but eventually I succumbed, and now I have World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Showtime, and Supernatural. I have probably spent over $1000 on various Sims expansions, if I really think about it. Yikes!

And yes, I love custom content. Most of what I'm using in-game right now comes from PeggyZone via Paysites Must Be Destroyed.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
ohhh, i was nearly obsessed with sims2 as i was 18 and could afford it, custom content is the best part of the game. XD
i higly recommend modthesims for custom content, skins, eyes,.. everything!
i had two hypes with the sims so far, after the first, i deleted all custom content, and from the second, i still have about 4 gb on cd.  yes, i believe it wwas about 5GB + i had on customstuff. ^^"

enalyas skins are the best! someone knows them'?

edit:
ohh, yes,.. peggy and "paysites must be destroyed", that brings back memories. peggy has beautyfull hairstyles!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:45:38 PM by emuel »
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Melissa

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 11:02:38 PM »
ohhh, i was nearly obsessed with sims2 as i was 18 and could afford it, custom content is the best part of the game. XD
i higly recommend modthesims for custom content, skins, eyes,.. everything!
i had two hypes with the sims so far, after the first, i deleted all custom content, and from the second, i still have about 4 gb on cd.  yes, i believe it wwas about 5GB + i had on customstuff. ^^"

enalyas skins are the best! someone knows them'?

edit:
ohh, yes,.. peggy and "paysites must be destroyed", that brings back memories. peggy has beautyfull hairstyles!
Yeah I had Enlaya's skins, they were so nice and smooth-looking.

I liked Garden Of Shadows more than Mod The Sims, just because it had a cooler look to it and the overall quality of the content seemed better... That was Sims 2 though, haven't been to wither for Sims 3 stuff.

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 09:23:50 AM »
I loved "daummustbedestroyed" as well as "paysitesmustbedestroyed". I had so many really awesome foreign custom skins and clothes for my sims from daum and naver. GOS was great too, it had everything from edwardian clothing to punk styles. I remember one user on there made the most awesome post-apocalyptic decor. So many memories! ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal