collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 39133 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1245 on: January 24, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »
I figured Catty Noir would be based on the Le Chat Noir poster and therefore part of the Scaris line (hey, makes sense to me!)

I am so excited for most of these, esp the boys! I wonder if the CAM boy werewolf will be a different color from Clawdeen and family; there was a gray fakie one on ebay a while ago that I loved:)

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 24, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »
Wow today I felt so happy and giddy with my finds! But as soon as I got home...That Buyer's Remorse hit me like a bullet train! >,<;

Little rant and need some hugs. :(
Spoiler
I went and paid for Robecca to ship to their store at walmart: $12.05
Went to Fred Meyer, found Rochelle, bought her with with Home Coupon need her to go with Robecca and Venus: $22.66
Went to a different one and didn't find the school playset...Until I looked at a different spot, they did! $39.40

Add that all together and I basically dropped $74.11 in one day, and now I'm starting to feel REALLY guilty about it...dang...>,<;  :yikes:

It's like a Yay! Now I have a Rochelle (and soon Robecca) to go with my Venus moment and I really wanted the school set and now that I have it, I kinda feel like I shouldn't have it....Maybe it's because of how much I spent so quickly or something that's making me feel like this, but wow, I am feeling so full of guilt & regret right now.

All that today AND More releases coming out soon?! *Urk*...I think I just coughed up blood...:freak:

:hug: Bigg Huggs :hug:

Hopefully this will help you feel better, last month I dropped more than $75  in one day and I know it totaled well over $100 for that month on MH. If I start to feel buyers remorse I reminded myself that I make sure my bills are paid before I buy and that I am buying something that I enjoy and makes me happy and especially if i can find a great deal on something. So remember the positives when the negatives try to get you down. Yeah like you I don't even want to think about the new releases or coming soons  :shocked: lol.  Yet I can't help but look forward to them too. I so need help lol
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 24, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »
Thanks! :hug:

I don't have my camera at the moment since my parents took it with them on their trip. I might plan to open them later when I make more room. :P I guess in a way you're right with thinking of the good out of the purchase than the bad, if I added all 3 with retail price, I would've spent an estimate of $125.00. Saved a whole lot on the School Playset and Robecca, but it's still such a high amount, so I'll just have to find a way to make up what I lost and I should be fine. :biggrin:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
Don't feel bad Luvly! I would die to find the school playset on clearance, omg. I would be ecstatic! Maybe your other dolls can make use of it too? I know I want to see a new photo story featuring it. :hug:

Thanks so much for posting about the sale on Walmart.com, Mandy! I went a little crazy and bought...6 dolls? And a vanity set, because I preposterously desire the alternate vanity (with the white trim) like, immensely. (I already have the set that came with the Ula doll.) Actually, I think the only doll I got who I don't already have is GR Clawdeen. XD The rest will (hopefully!) be replacements for a couple of my girls I'm not happy with, or alternates for fashion packs. I just couldn't say no to that price! :freak: Monster High is like NEVER on sale, srsly.

I'm happy with everyone I got, but I wish they'd still had Operetta and any Spectra! I'd love another Signature Opry as well as DDG and PD Spectras for fashion packs. :P

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 24, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
Yay!  Keelee joins the club of people with BOTH of Lala's vanities!

I'm NOT alone:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Jenn77

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 24, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »
Thanks! :hug:

I don't have my camera at the moment since my parents took it with them on their trip. I might plan to open them later when I make more room. :P I guess in a way you're right with thinking of the good out of the purchase than the bad, if I added all 3 with retail price, I would've spent an estimate of $125.00. Saved a whole lot on the School Playset and Robecca, but it's still such a high amount, so I'll just have to find a way to make up what I lost and I should be fine. :biggrin:

See, now that's looking at the more positive aspects of it lol :biggrin: and you are very welcome!
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 24, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
Looks like there is a new TRU exclusive set with Toralei and the Werecat Twins.  Someone on eBay has them listed, and according to people on the Monster High Dolls FB page, it is a legit set.  :)

Edit: eep, looks like someone beat me to it. xD still awesome news, because yay releasing Toralei!

And i am totally excited about Invisibilly and Wydowna likely being at Toy Fair. :heart:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:57:12 PM by MilkyTaroMochi »
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

pan5da

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1252 on: January 24, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up!  I bought about 9 dolls, mostly will be used for some repaints  :)

Amazon is selling some of the same dolls for the exact sale price as Walmart too!  There's some coordination going on here  :P

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-W9116-Monster-High-Operetta/dp/B006WAIIM4/ref=sr_1_48?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1359076111&sr=1-48&keywords=draculaura

Walmart is having an online sale with some decent prices at the moment that I thought I'd point out here. :)

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=32_0&tab_value=all&search_query=monster+high&search_constraint=0&search_sort=5&cat_id=4171_4187&ss=false

The Roller Maze girls are $7, signature Abbey, Robecca, and Operetta are $11, Picture Day Draculaura and Abbey are $11, Draculaura's Power Room is $10, and Ghouls Rule are $13. It seems that there's also a buying limit to one of each doll.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:11:26 PM by pan5da »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 24, 2013, 04:55:56 PM »
SO torn about the Fearleading Werecats!

I'm looking to replace my Werecats, and this would be a purrfect way to do it, BUT then I wouldn't have the Fearleaders :huh:  I don't know what to do.  Buy another set of the Sister pack, and the Fearleaders?  Two Fearleaders? 

I feel similarly! I've been wanting a second set of the twins, but I want the extra stock, too. I'm not sure I can justify that if I have to get the Fearleading set now... (And I know I do, because it's different enough that I need it for completion purposes.) So I guess really I'm just annoyed that it means now if I get my second set of Signature Twins I'll have three copies of both girls with identical hair and make-up, arrrgh. I also seem to be the only person who isn't in love with how much emphasis MH puts on "fearleading" in the canon/having a bunch of identical fearleading outfits. :P

Another Toralei is really cool though, for those who missed out, and maybe I can change mine's hair. :)

Yay!  Keelee joins the club of people with BOTH of Lala's vanities!

I'm NOT alone:)

It's true! Completionists unite? :woot: :P

Post Merge: January 24, 2013, 04:59:59 PM

Haha, I just realized I also have two of her cars now, because I already had the original and then I had to order the JCP exclusive for the doll.  :drunk:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:59:59 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 24, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
I bought DDG Lagoona for $11 and GR Cleo for $13. Great deals! I don't need anymore Lagoonas, but I love having extras for fashion packs. I would have gotten another RM Lagoona, but I'm not a fan of her crayon-ish yellow. I prefer blonde that she usually has. I would have gotten PD Cleo if she was on sale! :cry:

If my Meijer had a Sweet 1600 Draculaura so I could have gotten her for $12 with my rain check, which is probably expired now. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 24, 2013, 05:12:12 PM »
New webisode is out! I thought this one was so cute  :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=If0AG4-kiYQ

Lol, clipshow.
And Gil's parents are a bunch of tentacles? Gil must have been fathered by the mailman, he looks nothing like his dad ;)

News about the Toy Fair from the Monster High Dolls Facebook group!

Miss Ashley comes with good news! Thank you so much!

Oh dear... Hold on to your wallets guys & ghouls, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Toy Fair 2013 in New York during the first week of February, and a new multi-MH doll display will be exhibited. Here are a few of them:

- Scaris City Of Frights Lagoona and Cleo - Skultimate Roller Maze Draculaura - Dot Dead Gorgeous Frankie, Venus,Cleo,Claw deen, Robecca - Picture Day Clawdeen - Ghouls Night Out Howleen, Lagoona, Spectra and Rochelle - Dance Class Rochelle Goyle - 13 Wishes Gigi Genie, Twyla, Frankie, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Draculaura, Cleo's Oasis Beach and Spectra's Haunt the Casbah PlaySet - Dead Tired Spectra, Robecca, Lagoona, Spectra's Creepy Bed, Lagoona's Shower and Draculaura's Die-Ner Restaurant - Classroom Double Cleo and Ghoulia Mad Science, Heath Burns and Abbey Home Ick - New Characters Heath Burns, İnvisi Billy, Catty Noir, Wydowna Spider - Create A Monster Werewolf Boy and Sea Monster Boy - Color Me Creepy Howleen And Lagoona - Music Festival Clawdeen HipHop, Abbey himalayan, Venus Plunk - New I Heart Fashion Wave 2 (Shoe Set) Clawdeen and Draculaura

I can't tell you all how excited I am :green: I think I'll just give Mattel my wallet. I cannot wait to see all these new dolls. This is way more than we thought there would be!
I'm skeptical about this. I've seen pics of the Color Me Creepy dolls. They're CAMs. I think this may just be someone's wishlist, if not an outright hoax, that has gone viral.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I think I shall take it with a grain of salt until the toy fair actually starts and we can see what's on display.

Yeah, at first I freaked because of DDG Cleo and Wydowna Spider, but then I was like: "Wait, what? Invisibilly?"
And you're right about the "Color Me Creepy" dolls. People who have seen the pictures all said that Howleen was part of "13 Wishes".
The text also said nothing about the CMC CAM set with Frankenstein's laboratory. Very suspicious.

I hope at least DDG Cleo will be true. I fell in love with her outfit and I want her so bad to be my second Cleo!

PS: I think "Catty Noir" is a stupid name. Very unoriginal. It literally translates to Nasty Black, lol. I wonder if she is supposed to be the character that is rumored to get released on my birthday (September 13th, which will also be a friday the 13th, hahaha). I get a black cat on my birthday of doom. Thanks, Mattel!  ;)

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 24, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
hhmmm...so I saw the werecat threepack earlier- and went to look at it again and it's gone- not in the completed auctions nowhere to be found.....  ??? 

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 24, 2013, 05:28:01 PM »
I bought DDG Lagoona for $11 and GR Cleo for $13. Great deals! I don't need anymore Lagoonas, but I love having extras for fashion packs. I would have gotten another RM Lagoona, but I'm not a fan of her crayon-ish yellow. I prefer blonde that she usually has. I would have gotten PD Cleo if she was on sale! :cry:

If my Meijer had a Sweet 1600 Draculaura so I could have gotten her for $12 with my rain check, which is probably expired now. :cry:

I posted a few pages back how I went in last weekend with my expired rain check and still got my 12 Sweet 1600 dolls.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 24, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »
Ahh filler clip show. >,>;

As for Catty Noir. Great...more cat girls. Already overdone in anime fandom, why not bring it over here too! *end sarcasm* >,<; I mean I love the werecats and all, but they have such a high ratio of characters compared to other ghouls that have been created.

Toralei
Meowlody
Purrsephone
Caterine
CAM

That's 5 catgirls so far! If they made a new one, that'll be 6!!!

And what an unwitty name. That's like naming a blue ghoul who doesn't speak and communicates only through sound vibrations: Blu Mangroup

Not trying to be all negative or anything, but I'm sure some people can understand where I'm coming from.

If Catty Noir means Nasty Black, I hope she turns out to be some kind of Shadow monster that has nothing to do with Werecats.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #1259 on: January 24, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »
Hmm I just tried doing an ebay search for the title listed before "Monster High TRU PURRSEPHONE,TORALEI,MEOWLODY new IN HAND! Werecat daughters" And it isn't turning up anything. Not even in completed and sold auctions.. Did the auction get pulled?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal