collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 39032 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1155 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:22 AM »
Oh man! That is the real deal for sure! The vector art is completely new and accurate, as well as all the other elements. There's also the glare of spot varnish, which you really can't fake.

It's a little surprising to me though that they would release them in essentially their original style with no makeup or hair changes or anything.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 24, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »
Here's the images from the auction to make it easier:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
Here's the images from the auction to make it easier:

Flippin' sweet! Oh my poor poor wallet! Between all the new releases and MLP fair tickets...

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:03 AM »
I want it to be legit. It looks so. But something, and I don't know what, is really off to me. If it's true though then want. I can get the twins and replace my Toralei in one fell swoop ;o;

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:29 AM »
Oh *bleep*!!

I think this might be real!

But a small part of me thinks that someone is just really talented and had a lot of time on their hands and made that box, peeled the TRU sticker and put them all together with extra Frankie fashion packs.

Does anyone remember that 4 pack someone made with Lagoona, Frankie, Deuce and Clawdeen in their team spirit fashion packs on ebay?? Looked pretty legit and everything.

I am hopeful this is real, but that's what a small part of me is feeling.

It's a little surprising to me though that they would release them in essentially their original style with no makeup or hair changes or anything.
That's what I thought too when I saw Swimline Venus's face-up. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 24, 2013, 11:29:44 AM »
That does look legit! Especially with the updated hands and tail. I'm also surprised though that they've got the exact same faceups and hair... bit of a let-down. But one less thing for me to buy XD And awesome for those who missed out on Toralei first time around! Yay!

edit: Oh! And exciting about Viperine Gorgon and Elissabat, whoever they are :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:31:58 AM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 24, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »

Does anyone remember that 4 pack someone made with Lagoona, Frankie, Deuce and Clawdeen in their team spirit fashion packs on ebay?? Looked pretty legit and everything.

I am hopeful this is real, but that's what a small part of me is feeling.

That's what made me question it at first too. That one fooled a lot of people and there's some pretty talented folks out there that can fake/recreate custom packaging. It's exciting if it's the real deal though, just think what else could be on the horizon if these fell under everyone's radar?

I bought my twins some Fearleading outfits already, but I may want these for the updated parts. Plus, who can have too many Fearleading uniforms kicking around? I could make a squad at this point.  :biggrin:

Oh, and for anyone who has Signature/Forbitten Love Clawd and wants to upgrade his hands, Mattel's spare parts page recently added his hand pack with the updated wrist joint. There's also hand sets up for Jinafire, Robecca, Howleeen, GR Cleo, and Operetta now too.
https://store.mattel.com/transition.aspx?cmd=new&transitionid=103&cat=139&sec=8713
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:41:34 AM by Mandy85 »

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1162 on: January 24, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »
Well it's hard to be picky about face up when what you order is what you get.

Yes, I know. I guess I'm hoping for someone who has PD Abbeys at their Walmart already to do an exchange if necessary. XD Just really like the Abbey with bangs and don't want to have one with wonk eye  :(

Rococo

« Reply #1163 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
It looks legit to me. xD I don't own the other school spirit TRU set though so maybe the pieces are reused?

If it's real, I'll be getting a set because I don't have the twins yet and my Torelai has slightly uneven eyes. c:

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
I use photoshop for my job, and if someone faked this, it took them an insane amount of time and effort to do so. Plus the seller has 3, there's no way they could fake it 3 times let alone once.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »
That's what made me question it at first too. That one fooled a lot of people and there's some pretty talented folks out there that can fake packaging. It's exciting if it's the real deal though, just think what else could be on the horizon if these fell under everyone's radar?

I bought my twins some Fearleading outfits already, but I may want these for the updated parts. Plus, who can have too many Fearleading uniforms kicking around? I could make a squad at this point.  :biggrin:
If it is legit, I might pick a set or two up, JUST for their stock, and maybe even to just have cause the packaging looks so cute. :P

It happened with the picture day ghouls, this could be another exception. Can you imagine a whole bunch more stuff is being shipped as we speak that NO ONE Knew about?! XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 24, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
OMGggg... I have all these dolls already but.. but.. HANDS WITH NO GLOVES! NO GLOVES!
It will probably be too pricey to ship with the new/higher USPS fees, but if it comes to germany I'LL SO BUY ONE.. just for the hands. I'm nuts...

(+ to replace my Tora who has slight wonk eye, because back when I did not pay THAT close attention to the eyes, but it's bugging me a little now.  :lookround: )

Post Merge: January 24, 2013, 11:38:32 AM

It happened with the picture day ghouls, this could be another exception. Can you imagine a whole bunch more stuff is being shipped as we speak that NO ONE Knew about?! XD

IF this is so, then I really do hope Signature Gil is one of them!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
I just realized something when I kept asking myself if it could be real or not. A Huge "LOOK FOR THE BARCODE!!!!" Sign in neon red just turned on in my head. Is there a barcode on it?!?!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:18 AM »
I just realized something when I kept asking myself if it could be real or not. A Huge "LOOK FOR THE BARCODE!!!!" Sign in neon red just turned on in my head. Is there a barcode on it?!?!

The barcode would be on the bottom, not visible in the pics.

Rococo

« Reply #1169 on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »
(+ to replace my Tora who has slight wonk eye, because back when I did not pay THAT close attention to the eyes, but it's bugging me a little now.

Lol that is just like me. A lot of my older dolls have wonky eyes because I wasn't quite as picky about them back then as I am now. Hell, some of them I even picked out myself from a bunch of others because I didn't really notice the uneven eyes at the time. >_>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal