collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 37468 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
*rolls around in new thread* WHERE IS MY 8 LIMBED BEAUTY ALREADY?!

I think you mean 6 armed!
Legs count as limbs!  :P

Oh yes, indeed they do. Why was I seeing arms?! Dope!

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:34 PM »
Not to derail current topic anyone try the new Twilight Doll Clothing / Hunger Games Clothing on the Monster High Dolls (male and female)? :P

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 07:10:20 PM »
No it is all there.
I do think someone mention on here DT Spectra, Robecca and Lagoona. But I have not heard anything.
I think it may just be because of the bed and bathroom playset the rumor of a new DT line.
Though it would be nice to have more.

Yeah, possible Wave 3 DT is the only thing I noticed that's not on the first post :) But so far it is just one of the very vague rumours (that I'm really really really hoping is true!)

Hello everyone again :)

So... I've been watching some of the other buy/sell MH forums lately and I cannot believe what some people try to pass off as a possible trades. BW Skull Shores Frankie for DotD Deuce? LULZ. The Siren and Harpy Cams for Gil? Yeah, no. I am very supportive of the fact that those of us within the community often sell/trade for less than Ebay value, but some of these suggestions are ridiculous even for newbies to the community (do some research first!). And while a seller/trader can accept whatever deal that they want, I haven't seen these two suggestions picked up! Anyone else have stories of rather silly deals you've been offered or seen around?

I've also noticed some, ah, *interesting* proposed trades on tumblr... generally the new (temporarily HTF) stuff for old (permanently HTF) stuff thing... which is just not quiiite equivalent! But yeah, if they get takers, okay, cool! If not... research XD But then, I think research is one of the most fun parts of collecting! (Am I weird?  :redface:)

I've dreamed about dolls too, quite frequently really. I dreamed about finding signature Abbey very vividly a few times before I actually found her!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
No it is all there.
I do think someone mention on here DT Spectra, Robecca and Lagoona. But I have not heard anything.
I think it may just be because of the bed and bathroom playset the rumor of a new DT line.

Yeah, possible Wave 3 DT is the only thing I noticed that's not on the first post :) But so far it is just one of the very vague rumours (that I'm really really really hoping is true!)

Hello everyone again :)

So... I've been watching some of the other buy/sell MH forums lately and I cannot believe what some people try to pass off as a possible trades. BW Skull Shores Frankie for DotD Deuce? LULZ. The Siren and Harpy Cams for Gil? Yeah, no. I am very supportive of the fact that those of us within the community often sell/trade for less than Ebay value, but some of these suggestions are ridiculous even for newbies to the community (do some research first!). And while a seller/trader can accept whatever deal that they want, I haven't seen these two suggestions picked up! Anyone else have stories of rather silly deals you've been offered or seen around?

I've also noticed some, ah, *interesting* proposed trades on tumblr... generally the new (temporarily HTF) stuff for old (permanently HTF) stuff thing... which is just not quiiite equivalent! But yeah, if they get takers, okay, cool! If not... research XD But then, I think research is one of the most fun parts of collecting! (Am I weird?  :redface:)

I've dreamed about dolls too, quite frequently really. I dreamed about finding signature Abbey very vividly a few times before I actually found her!

One reason I love the Dead Tired line is because their makeup is so much softer, particularly Frankie, Clawdeen, and Lagoona. Also, their hair is much more relaxed and natural looking. I'd love more DT!

Rococo

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
One reason I love the Dead Tired line is because their makeup is so much softer, particularly Frankie, Clawdeen, and Lagoona. Also, their hair is much more relaxed and natural looking. I'd love more DT!

I love that about the first wave of Dead Tired too! They all looked so fab with their more "natural" makeup. I was a bit sad when wave 2 Abbey and Draculaura were released and their makeup wasn't quite as subdued as the previous girls'.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
I LOVE my DT Frankie!! Her makeup is so beautiful! Not too bold or out there, a soft pink color. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Aaryana

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Agreeing very much with liking the softer make up of the DT line. It makes them look younger/sweeter. I like that look.

In other news, I had a pretty crappy day today and ripped open Polterghoul to make myself feel better. It worked... For about 5 minutes. Now, I'm wanting to open Wonder Wolf just because, but I'm still undecided on whether I will keep her.  :blush:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
jupiternwndrlnd - 

Awesome, thank you for posting my list at the top.
Makes it much easier for members to see what is and possibly come. Thank you again. x
you're welcome ^_^ I figured it would be easier to track down if it was the first one
Did I get the right list? is it missing anything? cause I can edit things in if need be

No it is all there.

The rumor was started here: 
http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/new-dead-tired-and-beds
The OP has an online retail account and claims to have seen a listing for them on Mattel's wholesale page, though there's no images for them just yet.

I'm not positive, but I believe that's the owner of Dolly Daydream. She's done some really fantastic customs that a few people may recognize from images passed around the web.
http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream.html

Rococo

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 07:20:51 PM »
I LOVE my DT Frankie!! Her makeup is so beautiful! Not too bold or out there, a soft pink color. :P

I'm a bit sad that I never got her when Dead Tired littered the shelves way back when but I had so many Frankies already at the time that I couldn't justify getting another one, even if she was a budget release. What a regret, as I still find her one of the most beautiful Frankies (second favorite after her Dawn of the Dance incarnation).

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »

I have a question. I am thinking of pulling back my DC Howleen's hair into one ponytail. What do you guys use to pull their hair up? Should I just use the little plastic thing that's being used to put her hair in pigtails? I've never modified any of my dolls in any form outside of changing clothes. lol

Did just that with my Howleen, and it worked fine. You just have to pull out her earring and restyle her hair a little around her ears.

Thanks so much! I'll try it! Also, does anyone know of any doll clothing that I could buy that would fit Howleen to give her an awesome 80's look? I have no clue where to start.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

I'm a bit sad that I never got her when Dead Tired littered the shelves way back when but I had so many Frankies already at the time that I couldn't justify getting another one, even if she was a budget release. What a regret, as I still find her one of the most beautiful Frankies (second favorite after her Dawn of the Dance incarnation).
I got her on impulse! :P Stores stopped having DT, I loved her face and hair style, and when I saw her for sale here nude for the right price, I got her!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
The soft sweet faceups are what made me fall in love with DT too :inlove: Well, that and the awesome jammies!

The rumor was started here: 
http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/topics/new-dead-tired-and-beds
The OP has an online retail account and claims to have seen a listing for them on Mattel's wholesale page, though there's no images for them just yet.

I'm not positive, but I believe that's the owner of Dolly Daydream. She's done some really fantastic customs that a few people may recognize from images passed around the web.
http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream.html

Ooh, 100% more faith in the rumour now!  ^.^ *crosses fingers* I hope Spectra has a floor-length flowy nightgown...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
omg if they all get soft faceups, OMG I can't wait to see the kind Spectra gets with her DT faceup!!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »

This!! I love my DT Clawdeen; her face up is nice and her hair colors aren't as crazy as other releases can be. I got an adorable little red dress from an Etsy seller, and she just looks fabulous! Now I've got to find some shoes...!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2013, 07:53:53 PM »
omg if they all get soft faceups, OMG I can't wait to see the kind Spectra gets with her DT faceup!!

They need to give her a nice silky nightgown! I want to see a ghost in bedsheets! :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal