collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 36809 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1425 on: January 27, 2013, 01:28:08 AM »
I called Walmart to see if they had Cartine in. I was put on hold forever and transferred to at least 3 different people. When they finally got a hold of someone in the toy department he didn't even check to see if they had any! He just told me that he wasn't sure what they had in and the I should just go to the store and see. UGH!

Is that common with all Walmarts or am I just lucky?

The ones in my area are very helpful and look her up in the system when I gave them the UPC number.
I never even got a chance to do that.

The people who I talk to just don't know how to do anything. It frustrates me to no end.
Mine keeps sending me to sporting goods because it's next to toys. But then they hardly ever find a toy person to talk to. >_<

I go with the service desk people and have them look her up on the computer, but their computers are so outdated and slow. I never bother with people on the floor because they're never around or don't feel like answering.

I went to my walmarts service desk, and all I got was a bunch of cranky ladies going "what baby doll you talkin about? We get stuff every night check later."

I get that Walmart is huge an working there is a pain, but gah. A little more effort or pretending to look it up would be helpful.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 27, 2013, 01:31:50 AM »
I called Walmart to see if they had Cartine in. I was put on hold forever and transferred to at least 3 different people. When they finally got a hold of someone in the toy department he didn't even check to see if they had any! He just told me that he wasn't sure what they had in and the I should just go to the store and see. UGH!

Is that common with all Walmarts or am I just lucky?

The ones in my area are very helpful and look her up in the system when I gave them the UPC number.
I never even got a chance to do that.

The people who I talk to just don't know how to do anything. It frustrates me to no end.
Mine keeps sending me to sporting goods because it's next to toys. But then they hardly ever find a toy person to talk to. >_<

I go with the service desk people and have them look her up on the computer, but their computers are so outdated and slow. I never bother with people on the floor because they're never around or don't feel like answering.

I went to my walmarts service desk, and all I got was a bunch of cranky ladies going "what baby doll you talkin about? We get stuff every night check later."

I get that Walmart is huge an working there is a pain, but gah. A little more effort or pretending to look it up would be helpful.
I too have had bad experiences with Walmart Customer service, I don't even call them because it'd be a lost cause. >,>;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1427 on: January 27, 2013, 03:36:44 AM »
I worked at wal-Mart once. It was common practice to put a person on hold, wait a minute or five, then pick the phone back up and apologetically announce that we did not have the item they were looking for in stock.

:(

It sucks, but the employees HATE looking around that huge store.

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 27, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »
I too have terrible experience with Walmart employees. I call and they are very rude and i'm always on hold for so long. I have also had bad experiences when I check out with my dolls - the employees feel the need to comment on how ugly these dolls are and they can't believe they are popular. If it weren't for exclusives I would never bother going there or calling because I can't stand rude customer service

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 27, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »
Sad part is the customers are more helpful than the employees... I dont go there often, but I pretty much know the store like the back of my hand... So when I see someone who is looking for something, I always offer my assistance. I wish they would hire me because I am super helpful...

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 27, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »
Sad part is the customers are more helpful than the employees... I dont go there often, but I pretty much know the store like the back of my hand... So when I see someone who is looking for something, I always offer my assistance. I wish they would hire me because I am super helpful...

that's why they WON'T hire you ... you are knowledgeable and that means they'd have to pay you more ...

this is OFTEN the train of thought at 99.999999999999999999999% of retail establishments ... they'd rather have unhelpful rude people there ony for the paycheck that they can get away with paying minimum wage instead of people who would LIKE to work there, know what they're atalking about, and be helpful ... people go there for low prices, not service ... :(

four walmarts ... no catrines ... no new CAM starters...  BLARG! :(
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 27, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

that's why they WON'T hire you ... you are knowledgeable and that means they'd have to pay you more ...

this is OFTEN the train of thought at 99.999999999999999999999% of retail establishments ... they'd rather have unhelpful rude people there ony for the paycheck that they can get away with paying minimum wage instead of people who would LIKE to work there, know what they're atalking about, and be helpful ... people go there for low prices, not service ... :(

four walmarts ... no catrines ... no new CAM starters...  BLARG! :(

Not something I had though of. Hmmm... lol...

You know I was sitting here thinking... And I was browsing through some of the auctions on ebay that I had been watching, when I cam across one that had ended and it showed the icon... So I went to investigate... the auction had been at a decent price, but no one had bid on it.. So I was curious to what the seller had relisted it (thinking they might have lowered the price...) And so I clicked on the "seller has relisted this item" and the price had gone from $1800 with $50 for shipping (not bad right??) to $4500 with $50 for shipping  :shocked: I giggled to myself and thought... if no one bid on the $1800 auction... who in their right mind would pay $4500 for the exact same auction!! I was super interested in the auction but had no money when it ended, then went back to see it and there was no way I was going to pay that much!! it was for 80+ monster high dolls mint in box (not bad on the amount of dolls...) **EDIT** Completely forgot my question... Why is it that people think that if something doesnt sell for one price... that it will if they double or triple the cost... I just found it odd..  I understand that the appriciated value does continue to rise... but not that much in a matter of days  :blink:

Anyways... I just though I would share...

Also just noticed we are about 4 pages away from finishing discussion 13... didnt we just start this??  XD
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:40:38 AM by mejohnson85 »

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 27, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
"Why do Ghouls fall in love" is on Nick right now.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 27, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »
Are we almost on page 99?? I'm still on page 29. >,<;

Sunday Nick is having a MH A Specials marathon. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
That's funny because used to I worked in a small family owned grocery store. When I went into Walmart people that shopped at the store would always ask me to help them since they could never get employees to do it. Even now I have people in Walmart ask me to help them when I obviously do not work there. I just think it's sad, but whatever I guess. :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05:04 PM »

Yeah, I'm on page 29 as well! I love being able to see more posts per page!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 27, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »
I too have terrible experience with Walmart employees. I call and they are very rude and i'm always on hold for so long. I have also had bad experiences when I check out with my dolls - the employees feel the need to comment on how ugly these dolls are and they can't believe they are popular. If it weren't for exclusives I would never bother going there or calling because I can't stand rude customer service

Yep, I've had the cashiers make similar comments on the dolls as well. It happens for ponies, too. The other day I bought the white Celestia & Pinkie Pie set and the cashier made a comment about how she hates how the new ponies look and doesn't understand why they're popular. I collect all the gens, and I understand some people aren't into the G4s, but still, I think it's inappropriate to make comments like that to customers. This only happens at Walmart, though. When I buy MH, MLP or Hello Kitty stuff at Target, I don't get any rude comments, weird looks or anything. Occasionally I'll get a cashier who comments on something being cute, but it's never negative.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 27, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »
How have you guys fixed it where you can view more posts per page?

Oh wow, I'm a bit excited to watch this since I haven't seen some of these. :lookround:

Formerly Maddie

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 27, 2013, 12:14:15 PM »
I found Dawn of the Dance Cleo MIB for $20 at the flea market this morning! I should have left it there, now I want the other DOTD dolls, lol

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

Yeah, I'm on page 29 as well! I love being able to see more posts per page!

Wow, I thought I was the only one who does that! It's too bad we can't go to page 99 with that many posts per page! XD

Maddie!

Profile>Look and Layout>Messages to display per page: 50

That's how I do it! Now that I have a smaller screen res... >,>;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal