collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 38995 times)

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1050 on: January 23, 2013, 12:25:48 AM »
Oh my I'm a little embarrassed now since I have such a small collection compared to everyone  :blush: I only have six dolls at the moment. Going to keep my 1 doll per character rule, even though that is going to be terribly hard!

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1051 on: January 23, 2013, 12:40:59 AM »
Oh my I'm a little embarrassed now since I have such a small collection compared to everyone  :blush: I only have six dolls at the moment. Going to keep my 1 doll per character rule, even though that is going to be terribly hard!

I wish you the best of luck with that. xD I've been saying one of each from the start but then Mattel keeps releasing more and more beautiful/awesome versions of a character that saw a previous release (that I own) and then my plan goes out the window.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 23, 2013, 01:51:06 AM »

I wish you the best of luck with that. xD I've been saying one of each from the start but then Mattel keeps releasing more and more beautiful/awesome versions of a character that saw a previous release (that I own) and then my plan goes out the window.

This.. I gave up. I now own multiples even tho I *TRY* to really keep those at a minimun.. (yeah, right)

I don't really want to count my ghouls.. Some of them are stored away, too, so that the shelf won't look so cluttered and I have several in the mail/on a WTB-List.. x_x
Including CAMS, I suppose I own between 30-50. xD;

Is RM Clawdeen an exclusive of some sort? I really want her, but the RM girls aren't all that terribly expensive in germany, so I might wait for her to be released over here..

AND OMG TORA & FRANKIE POWERGHOULS. I love love love the Powerghouls! *v*

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1053 on: January 23, 2013, 02:18:30 AM »
I have about 36 dolls or so. I don't have any duplicates, but I do have multiples of the same character. I am trying to limit the overall size of my collection, though, so from now on, most of the dolls I purchase will be replacing one I've already got. So, for instance, I just got Scaris Deuce and Ghoulia, so I am looking to sell my classroom Ghoulia and my signature Deuce (although I may save him for a trade for something later on). I plan to get Picture Day Frankie when she comes out, and I think I will sell I <3 Fashion Frankie to make room for her. However, I am buying the CAM mummy, and she'll just be adding to my collection as I don't intend to sell any of my other CAMs to make room for her or anything like that (and I don't think I'll be selling my signature Howleen to make room for 13 Wishes Howleen when I get her).

So basically, my collection is still growing, but I'm trying to slow it down by replacing some of the dolls I'm not as fond of anymore with some of the newer ones.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:12 AM »
I'm in love with the CAM sets! So right now I only have a few "real" characters, like Rochelle, Robecca, Abbey and Venus, but a bunch of CAM girls running around with no hair. ^^; OOPS! I can't wait to get them wigs and personalities and yay!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1055 on: January 23, 2013, 04:20:31 AM »
Congrats, all on your collections! I'm at about 60, not counting some CAMs.

Someone on tumblr said they found the swim class dolls at Target [well, that their SO had come home with a haul of dolls, those being in it, and that he had been to Target]

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 23, 2013, 05:27:49 AM »

That was my belief when I bought my first dolls - the 5 pack gloom beach. I told my hubby I just want one of each. Then I fell madly in love with Frankie and had to have every version of her...since then it's grown into I must get nearly all the dolls! I don't have duplicates of the same dolls (ex 2 Ghouls Rule Frankie - stuff like that) but they have definately grown since my commitment to buy just one of each :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1057 on: January 23, 2013, 06:20:59 AM »
My collection is pretty small. I have around 20 dolls I think? I have several that are sitting in a box waiting to find new homes, I just haven't gotten around to listing them yet.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 23, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
Wow I didn't think there were that many dolls released.  It's quite fantastic to hear bout some collectors collections. 
I'm still trying my best to stick to one of each doll but things happen.
I got Meijers to honor my expired rain check for 12.00 sweet 1600 dolls.   It was pretty cool but I've discovered I don't care to much for Clawdeens purple hands..

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:51 AM »
I have yet to get seconds of very many... But I want a loose second set so I can do dioramas like one of the other users here...  i.e. I want to do a bedroom type thing for each ghoul... Or I want to do a dance theme for my dolls or a beach scene... You get the idea... I am definitely a conpletionist... So I want EVERY doll that comes out... Admittedly I was behind the 8 ball as I didn't start collecting until about 6 months ago sooo... As I said before 1 have 148 dolls, 155 if you count the play sets (including ones without dolls) I also want to get one of each fashion pack that has been released and get a doll (like the spectra fp and get a DDG Spectra to put in it) I'm a tad aggravated at prices, but that is what I get for being tardy to the party.. Lol.. Hope everyone has a good day, I have to go to class... At least it's not long... Only about an hour and a half... And ten I get to stalk Walmart  :lol:
Oh yea and I have all the wave 5 basic fp and the deluxe Frankie fp and all 9 plushies (thanks to all who helped me find them!)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:10:06 AM by mejohnson85 »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 23, 2013, 07:11:50 AM »
Congrats, all on your collections! I'm at about 60, not counting some CAMs.

Someone on tumblr said they found the swim class dolls at Target [well, that their SO had come home with a haul of dolls, those being in it, and that he had been to Target]

He and I are friends. It was the CaMs his boyfriend found at Target; the swim line was found at Meijer. He needs to do a better job clarifying :P

Number of dolls I own? Not counting the three traveling to me, I have 120 or so. And when I started collecting (back at the beginning of MH) I was convinced I'd just get Lagoona, Deuce and Cleo  :lol:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 23, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
Number of dolls I own? Not counting the three traveling to me, I have 120 or so. And when I started collecting (back at the beginning of MH) I was convinced I'd just get Lagoona, Deuce and Cleo  :lol:

I wonder why these dolls are so addictive. By now I know so many people who only wanted one or two dolls and now have a huge collection.
One of my best friends is the only one I know who - to date - has only bought one doll and kept it that way. She is way stronger than me *g*

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 23, 2013, 08:59:16 AM »
I have 8 at home with 2 on the way. There are other types of dolls that I collect so I don't want to many of one kind.

I did have a huge collection but I sold them all off. But I've gotten a few of them back.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1063 on: January 23, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
I tried to keep one of each... yeah, now I have two Frankies, 3 Lalas and 2 Rochelles. I can't help it.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:22 AM »

I wonder why these dolls are so addictive. By now I know so many people who only wanted one or two dolls and now have a huge collection.
One of my best friends is the only one I know who - to date - has only bought one doll and kept it that way. She is way stronger than me *g*

For me, it's a combination of completion and the uniqueness of each doll. My initial decision to get just the three was because I liked Deuce and Lagoona the best. I didn't really want to commit to another toy line (I was collecting ponies at the time). But then I decided that having all the characters wasn't a bad thing, especially since they all had at least one thing I really loved about them. Then I saw DotD, and I just had to have Cleo for those shoes and  her dress. But then I'd have two of one character, and that just seemed... unbalanced. By the time GB rolled around, I knew I would probably have to have every release.

Now, it's the continued attention to detail and the variety between each re-release of a recurring character. Most of them get new makeup and hairstyles with each release. And most outfits are pretty inspired and fashion-forward. There are exceptions (most Draculauras have the same makeup and a lot of the outfits are pink/black with little detail), but they're so few and far between that when I try to skip one, it bugs me because I'm missing one.

So far, I've managed not to get duplicates, unless they're part of a multi-pack including re-issues. I would eventually like to get one of each character just for re-dressing (I hate having a set broken up), but for now, I'm just focusing on keeping up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal