collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice [RESOLVED]  (Read 813 times)

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
Need advice [RESOLVED]
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »
So I purchased two dolls from a seller on eBay - Deuce Gordon and Cleo de Nile (no stands books etc). I did my research on them as best as I could. Dolls came today. Cleo needs a good hair washing no problem but Deuce..
has a mark on his chin.

I asked before I purchased for face pics and also asked "Are all the doll parts in good shape no bite marks scuffs imperfections on both dolls? Could I have some more pics close up of the faces etc. Thanks :)"

She sent a close up of each doll and I did not see any marks granted I am on a laptop. She replied with

"They are both in good condition with no imperfections"

He has a greenish faded marker stain by the looks of it on his chin. I am really disappointed because you can't really tell well I can't in the pictures and she said there were no imperfections. I plan to try a magic eraser and that's about all I know how to do on getting marks off dolls. Any other suggestions? The rest of him seems to be normal. Still has elastic upper legs that seem to be in good shape etc. Has all his clothing looks like he is missing earrings and of course his sun glasses.

Suggestions, comments, etc? I do plan on contacting the seller no matter what about the mark and her saying that there are no imperfections. If there is one thing I hate it's being lied to. If I find an imperfection on anything I say it because I know what a debby downer it can be when you think something is going to be awesome and it turns out to be poopy.

Thanks all!

Edit: Going to ask for a partial refund I think. Mainly because Cleo is in good shape minus her hair being a hot mess but I expected that. Do you think this is fair?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:52:07 AM by kaskurgi »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
I know what its like to buy something and think its going to be good. That is why we spend our hard earned money on stuff we collect. I would ask about a partial refund. Sorry that you have to go threw this. I have had this happen many times with ponies that I buy off ebay.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »
Is it possible the seller sent you a different doll than the one she is sending you pictures of?
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

kaskurgi

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
I don't think that's possible it's a Monster High Original Deuce and they are hard to come by just getting 1 let alone having two. :\

Post Merge: January 05, 2013, 09:24:08 PM

So she refuses to do a partial refund and wants me to send both dolls back (when Cleo is fine). LOL Now I don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:24:08 PM by kaskurgi »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
It is completely and totally possible she could have more than one.  When MH first came out, with the boy characters, they were 30 deep in the shelves.  I saw hundreds but wasn't into MH...  if they stockpiled early, they could have PLENTY!

Refund of original price + original shipping with items in ORIGINAL condition is standard for Ebay when you file a "not as described" case.  If you bought the doll MIB and opened it, you cannot return it  for a refund as it's not original condition anymore.  It's up to you to decide if you can handle removing the mark (or living with it) or returning the doll with your own funds.  Ebay doesn't require the seller to refund your return shipping.   

Have you asked in the MH forum about how to possibly remove the stain should you choose to keep the doll?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

kaskurgi

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »
Well she won't go for a partial refund and they weren't in the box so she wants both dolls back and I am not willing to send both dolls back. Came with a Wave 1 Cleo de Nile as well. So I opened a case and she keeps insisting on both dolls and not one. I am going to go out today and invest in a magic eraser and try that. She claims she didn't see it but it's pretty obvious looks like a faded green zit lol.

-------------------------------------

Your message to the seller:
"NOT sending both dolls back when the one arrived fine and without any problems. Partial refund ONLY. I am not looking to get the whole amount back $10 - $15 back that's not even half. I asked you specifically if there was any flaws on the dolls and you said no. I receive it and there is a green smudge mark on his left side of his chin. Usually it's in the best option of the Seller to work with the buyer and not demand both dolls back. You aren't getting both dolls back period. I paid $49.99 one doll was not as described. Now if both dolls were not as described I would have no problems returning both."

Seller's message:
"NO. Send both back and get a full refund. You are not getting a partial refund and keeping the doll. Full refund or nothing."

"Going to go out and try to get something to clean the face as I am not willing to send the dolls back. I did specifically ask if there were any marks on the doll and I still think a partial refund is in order over sending two dolls back when only 1 was not as described."
----------------------------------------

Think she realizes she could proably get a decent chunk just for the wave 1 cleo which is why she is demanding her back and she realizes they undersold Wave 1 Deuce and Cleo for $49.99. Should have just left negative feedback I guess about the doll not being without flaws. I need the wave 1 Cleo because she is my favorite version of Cleo. Sucks because I can't find any Wave 1 Cleo's that are cheap until I stumbled upon this one.

Update:

No I haven't I am going to ask over there if the magic eraser doesn't work but this woman is rude I will just end up forgetting about it, leave her negative feedback and move on. I did get a good Wave 1 Cleo out of it minus a lot of things but she is in tact just needs a good hair washing so I will just eat it I guess. May end up just reselling Deuce I thought I would enjoy having him but it's just been a pain. Even if I do manage to get the spot off :( Kinda bummed myself out. Was so excited and then this happens.

Plus if I send the dolls back what's to say she doesn't mess them up or try to blame me for something wrong with the doll lol. I don't trust people at all. Been messed with one too many times I guess and I always look for something negative to happen. Plus I cleaned his face normally what if she claims the dolls smell weird ( I have orange scented soap.) LOL I just look for issues from her.

Post Merge: January 07, 2013, 12:02:55 AM

"Your only options are to take the full refund or drop the case.I will not give you a partial refund. I have reported you to eBay for demanding a partial refund . I don't' have to give a partial refund on a lot. Either send them both back or drop it."

---
That was the last message she posted. She is a bully in my eyes reporting me? All I did was ask for a partial refund because the item was not as described. I am going to close the case and just leave her negative feedback and contact eBay about her. I think that's really my only option. I don't want to close the case but wow just wow.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:02:55 AM by kaskurgi »

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:42:53 AM »
I in all honestly, think YOU are being rude. She told you to send BOTH dolls back and you will get your money. She has no issue about that. She doesn't have to give you a partial refund and you keep pestering her about it. She needs both dolls back since they were sold as a pair in the auction.

Why would you leave her negative feedback? She's offered you a refund, has communicated with you etc.. You are being unreasonable here. pack the dolls up and send them back or keep them both and drop the case.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
In all honesty, partial refunds are discouraged by eBay and can be grounds for suspension of your account if you make an attempt to extort feedback with the seller.  Your seller is in no way obligated to give you any refund that is not associated with a return. 

As for the negativity from your seller, in this case, I think the seller may be responding to how you are coming across. 

Also, if you are going to attempt to sunfade the doll, you won't be eligible for any sort of refund since you won't be able to return the item in the condition you received it.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the items, especially after asking the seller so many questions, but it is prudent to remember that not all sellers are collectors, and in this seller's mind, he or she probably went above and beyond with the description.

Again, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
Well she won't go for a partial refund and they weren't in the box so she wants both dolls back and I am not willing to send both dolls back. Came with a Wave 1 Cleo de Nile as well. So I opened a case and she keeps insisting on both dolls and not one. I am going to go out today and invest in a magic eraser and try that. She claims she didn't see it but it's pretty obvious looks like a faded green zit lol.

-------------------------------------

"NOT sending both dolls back when the one arrived fine and without any problems. Partial refund ONLY. I am not looking to get the whole amount back $10 - $15 back that's not even half. I asked you specifically if there was any flaws on the dolls and you said no. I receive it and there is a green smudge mark on his left side of his chin. Usually it's in the best option of the Seller to work with the buyer and not demand both dolls back. You aren't getting both dolls back period. I paid $49.99 one doll was not as described. Now if both dolls were not as described I would have no problems returning both."

Seller's message:
"NO. Send both back and get a full refund. You are not getting a partial refund and keeping the doll. Full refund or nothing."

"Going to go out and try to get something to clean the face as I am not willing to send the dolls back. I did specifically ask if there were any marks on the doll and I still think a partial refund is in order over sending two dolls back when only 1 was not as described."
----------------------------------------

Think she realizes she could proably get a decent chunk just for the wave 1 cleo which is why she is demanding her back and she realizes they undersold Wave 1 Deuce and Cleo for $49.99. Should have just left negative feedback I guess about the doll not being without flaws. I need the wave 1 Cleo because she is my favorite version of Cleo. Sucks because I can't find any Wave 1 Cleo's that are cheap until I stumbled upon this one.

Update:

No I haven't I am going to ask over there if the magic eraser doesn't work but this woman is rude I will just end up forgetting about it, leave her negative feedback and move on. I did get a good Wave 1 Cleo out of it minus a lot of things but she is in tact just needs a good hair washing so I will just eat it I guess. May end up just reselling Deuce I thought I would enjoy having him but it's just been a pain. Even if I do manage to get the spot off :( Kinda bummed myself out. Was so excited and then this happens.

Plus if I send the dolls back what's to say she doesn't mess them up or try to blame me for something wrong with the doll lol. I don't trust people at all. Been messed with one too many times I guess and I always look for something negative to happen. Plus I cleaned his face normally what if she claims the dolls smell weird ( I have orange scented soap.) LOL I just look for issues from her.

Post Merge: January 07, 2013, 12:02:55 AM

"Your only options are to take the full refund or drop the case.I will not give you a partial refund. I have reported you to eBay for demanding a partial refund . I don't' have to give a partial refund on a lot. Either send them both back or drop it."

---
That was the last message she posted. She is a bully in my eyes reporting me? All I did was ask for a partial refund because the item was not as described. I am going to close the case and just leave her negative feedback and contact eBay about her. I think that's really my only option. I don't want to close the case but wow just wow.

Coming for a buyer, as I just had something similar happen, I sympathize.

However....

As a seller, I completely understand the seller's position.Too many buyers try to extort partial refunds by claiming damage, yet the damage isn't that bad that they want to send it back. Sellers are not required by Ebay to do partial refunds. If you are going to buy on Ebay, I would familiarize yourself with the rules. The seller has offered to take the dolls back and refund, yet you have refused.

In all honesty, your negative feedback is unjust, and will more than likely be removed by ebay and your account sanctioned. Also, tampering with the items voids buyer protection, so a return may be out anyway.

I realize this may sound a bit harsh, but sellers have had to deal with years of buyer abuse and has soured most to these sort of situations.

Good luck.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
Its always frustrating when you've tried your best to get an accurate description of something on ebay, and then it still arrives in a worse condition than you expected :(  As disappointing as this situation is for you though, you cant make the seller give you a partial. The only options are to send both dolls back for a full refund, or to keep them both  - you can still mention the undescribed  mark in the feedback if you decide to keep them both. Since you got the dolls for a good price, its probably best to keep them, as you will have to pay return shipping as well as losing both dolls if you send them back for a full refund

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

kaskurgi

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:50 AM »
I in all honestly, think YOU are being rude. She told you to send BOTH dolls back and you will get your money. She has no issue about that. She doesn't have to give you a partial refund and you keep pestering her about it. She needs both dolls back since they were sold as a pair in the auction.

Why would you leave her negative feedback? She's offered you a refund, has communicated with you etc.. You are being unreasonable here. pack the dolls up and send them back or keep them both and drop the case.

I purchased two dolls in one lot. Only one doll has a defect. I left her negative feedback. She was rude and threatening and I even reported her to eBay. The green mark is pretty obvious. It wasn't just one doll alone it was two dolls. I would have to return both dolls when the one was in good shape and hard to come by. Honestly, all it would have taken was a little more politeness on her part and I would have sucked it up. I even at one point said I would try to see if the spot would come out first. I didn't ask for a mountain either. Just a little sympathy and understanding from her part. She has other negative feedback but marked as a positive.

I highly doubt her negative feedback will be removed due to her communication via the case area. I did leave her positive scores for shipping and other things. The item was not as described even after I specifically asked her that. I think it's kinda funny too I tried to bid on some goodies (Monster High Stuff) from someone on eBay and I am blocked by them must be someone from the forum. I have NEVER given negative feedback before and it was not in haste either. I sat there and mulled it over for a few days.

Not to mention that when I called into eBay to discuss this they said I did everything perfectly because she stated no returns on the items. So I was in the clear to ask for a partial refund and the woman I spoke to at eBay said that I could not get into trouble for asking for it and that I should not fret about leaving negative feedback because you can get into trouble for leaving positive with negative writing for the seller OR buyer. eBay is backing me and they understand why I want to keep the dolls and I am pretty sure you all as well. A pretty much full outfitted Wave 1 Cleo de Nile and a Wave 1 Deuce for $49.99.

As for me being blocked by the other eBayer I had mentioned it and they asked me if I had bid on any items and I said yes. Turns out blocking someone when they are in the progress of bidding on an item is a big nono because it keeps that bidders bid locked in and does not remove it making the price higher.  So that person is in trouble as well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:15:21 AM by kaskurgi »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

I purchased two dolls in one lot. Only one doll has a defect. I left her negative feedback. She was rude and threatening and I even reported her to eBay. The green mark is pretty obvious. It wasn't just one doll alone it was two dolls. I would have to return both dolls when the one was in good shape and hard to come by. Honestly, all it would have taken was a little more politeness on her part and I would have sucked it up. I even at one point said I would try to see if the spot would come out first. I didn't ask for a mountain either. Just a little sympathy and understanding from her part. She has other negative feedback but marked as a positive.

I highly doubt her negative feedback will be removed due to her communication via the case area. I did leave her positive scores for shipping and other things. The item was not as described even after I specifically asked her that. I think it's kinda funny too I tried to bid on some goodies (Monster High Stuff) from someone on eBay and I am blocked by them must be someone from the forum. I have NEVER given negative feedback before and it was not in haste either. I sat there and mulled it over for a few days.

Not to mention that when I called into eBay to discuss this they said I did everything perfectly because she stated no returns on the items. So I was in the clear to ask for a partial refund and the woman I spoke to at eBay said that I could not get into trouble for asking for it and that I should not fret about leaving negative feedback because you can get into trouble for leaving positive with negative writing for the seller OR buyer. eBay is backing me and they understand why I want to keep the dolls and I am pretty sure you all as well. A pretty much full outfitted Wave 1 Cleo de Nile and a Wave 1 Deuce for $49.99.

As for me being blocked by the other eBayer I had mentioned it and they asked me if I had bid on any items and I said yes. Turns out blocking someone when they are in the progress of bidding on an item is a big nono because it keeps that bidders bid locked in and does not remove it making the price higher.  So that person is in trouble as well.

What would you report the seller for? They did nothing wrong. Not everyone are collectors and make mistakes, but she was willing to accept the dolls back for a refund, which you refused. Basically you wanted half your money back and to keep the dolls. You couldn't get your way so you left unjust negative feedback. Yes, you can ask for a partial, BUT SELLERS ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO GIVE ONE. As for a seller blocking you, sellers have the right to block whom ever they want. I really hope the seller has reported you as well as their false feedback. 

kaskurgi

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »
I contacted eBay about her threatening to report me they reviewed the case and I did not ask for half the price back actually. Please learn to read and I even told her I would try to use a magic eraser to remove the stain before she threatened me. So I contacted eBay to make sure I was covered and they understood completely. I did not just leave negative feedback on a whim. I had over a week to decide it and even spoke with eBay people. You don't like my decision no problem. I can live with that. Not going to lose any sleep over it.

As for being blocked yes you can block any seller you want to BUT per the eBay rep I spoke to you should not block people mid auction. As it does not remove your bids from the auction of that item. So the other buyers end up paying more in the end. She/he did not cancel my bids out and left them there. Big no no. So just a heads up. Trying to give some helpful advice in the end. Plus I have seen countless members here be told to ask for partial refunds not sure why it's unacceptable for me to do so even after another member suggested it earlier in the thread. I am also pretty sure there are many people who have left negative feedback on eBay as well here.

Anyways going to see if I can get this topic closed as it has been resolved. Keeping the dolls and just eating the fact that when you ask people questions doesn't mean they are going to answer honestly. Plus it's a green marker mark can just say he has a zit. (Magic Eraser did NOT remove it.) I am not gutsy enough to try this sun fading thing.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice [RESOLVED]
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »
You're completely missing the point. Yes, you can ask for a partial, but sellers are not obligated to refund partially. The seller declined, but offered to refund in full upon receiving the dolls back. If the doll wasn't so bad that you didn't want to return, then how bad could it have been? What more was the seller supposed to do? A negative was not deserved. I feel bad for the seller.

kaskurgi

Re: Need advice [RESOLVED]
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
She lied that's the whole point of it. I specifically asked something and she said nothing was wrong. Since when is it acceptable in society to lie about something and not get reprimanded for doing so. If you were lied to about something and told it was fine I am pretty sure you would not be as understanding as you claim to be. She should have just came clean and said it had a mark on the face plain and simple.

There is one thing in the world I can not tolerate and that is being mislead and I am sure that goes for a majority of people. Feel bad for her all you want. She misrepresented the item even after I asked her in detail if there were any marks, flaws, etc. The whole "she may not know dolls well" defense is thrown out the window because that's pretty much all she sells. I am pretty sure she knows what to look out for. Be truthful and honest that's all I ask for. It's not like I am asking for the moon.

End of story. Done trying to justify my actions to you when I shouldn't have to. I also realized I am not the only person you seem to have a problem with for eBay Cases/Feedback. People support the person then you come in and try to make them look horrible/feel bad for taking action and standing up for themselves.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:44:51 PM by kaskurgi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal