collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How long from Argentina?  (Read 542 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
How long from Argentina?
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:56:20 AM »
I bought an Argie from a seller in Argentina. I paid on Nov. 26th. My window for filing a paypal claim will close in a few days.

She has not shown up. I contacted him last week, and he said that he did ship her. Should I file the paypal claim if she has not arrived within 45 days? It's been a while since I bought an Argie, so I can't remember how long it usually takes.

I would feel like a jerk filing and then the pony showing up a few days/weeks later. I realize we did just have a holiday, so the mail was slowed. Even if I re-paid him when the pony arrived, I know there would be hard feelings.

However, I paid a decent amount of money for her (this was before my poor Sid had to be hospitalized the second, more expensive time and my water heater completely and irrevocably ate it and everything had to be brought "up to code") so I really can't afford to be out that amount of money with no rare pony to show for it.

I really, really wanted that pony too  :yikes:
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: How long from Argentina?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »
It can take a month for packages to get from Argentina to the US. Adding in the Christmas holiday & a busy time of year for the postal system, it's very possible that your package is still in transit. Did your seller use any tracking? I know most packages I've received from Argentina have had tracking stickers (and require a signature when delivered), even if I did not specifically ask for tracking.

If it hasn't arrived by the last day of your Paypal window, I think you should file just to be safe. PayPal won't decide in either parties' favor that same day, so you can always cancel the claim if the package arrives before a decision is made.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
It can take a month for packages to get from Argentina to the US. Adding in the Christmas holiday & a busy time of year for the postal system, it's very possible that your package is still in transit. Did your seller use any tracking? I know most packages I've received from Argentina have had tracking stickers (and require a signature when delivered), even if I did not specifically ask for tracking.

If it hasn't arrived by the last day of your Paypal window, I think you should file just to be safe. PayPal won't decide in either parties' favor that same day, so you can always cancel the claim if the package arrives before a decision is made.

I try to ask the seller details about when it shipped, etc, but I don't think he understands. Has anyone used Google Translate to send a message from English to Spanish? I don't want it to be a total disaster and confuse things even more.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:06 PM »
I think KitKat has offered some great advice.  I have never personally ordered anything from Argentina to know an exact shipping time frame.

But like she mentioned I would not let that 45 Paypal window pass you up to open a claim. It can always be closed once the item arrives.

I have used Google translate a few times but it was to translate English to Greek and Italian.  It seemed to get my message across so I think it helps. Or you could always ask someone who maybe fluent in that language to help you out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
There are plenty of members here from Spanish speaking countries. Maybe you could ask someone to help you translate?

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:02 PM »
I've had packages from Argentina take longer than 45 days, but usually, even with a holiday, it shouldn't take that long.

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:23:50 AM »
Sometimes it can take longer than the 45 days - and especially when there has been a holiday in between- but I would still file a claim just incase the pony got lost in the mail etc. You dont wanna be out of money and pony. If the pony does arrive, you can always send the money back to the seller, and you can explain in the message when you open a case, that if the pony shows up you will resend the payment. The pony might arrive before the case is decided anyways (hopefully!)  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:47:01 AM »
I filed a claim last night, I think today is the 45th day. I asked for at least some proof of shipping and whether or not he insured the package.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 04:59:26 PM »
Hooray! My pony arrived Saturday so I closed the paypal dispute. Pics to come in Nirvana at a later date.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal