collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!  (Read 6857 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Dollyhair 2013 discount coupon!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 07:59:13 AM »
Yes, because what I really want to do is give you MORE of my money while I haven't received the product I paid for.

This fixes nothing. And I agree with Okiegirl that it is just deplorable that you are pointing the blame on your assistant and claiming no responsibility yourself. Your new assistant isn't doing much better as many people have received hanks that are even smaller than what you claim they should be (as small as 6grams!) The bottom line is that this is YOUR company, so this is YOUR mistake, and you need to fix it and actually make things right rather than issuing yet another minimal and short lived coupon code to try and get people to give you more of their money.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »
I've never had a problem with DH, but I am disappointed that the new hanks are throwing off my 'knowing how much to order'. I would really love the old amount of hair for more money per hank.

I'm really sorry that this is all coming down during what sounds like the worst time of your life.  :cry:

I do agree with everyone saying that the issues at hand need to be resolved in order for you to recover your business's PR. Remember from Bug's Life?: First rule of management- Everything is your fault. I think telling us why things are they way they are is not helping much. You need to fix them and it sounds like it's a pretty simple concept.
1- send orders that have been placed (oldest to newest)
2- answer all email inquiries and complaints (work on offering freebies to people who have really been wronged)
3- offer bigger hanks for more money. (I think your competitors charge more for their bigger hanks anyway.)

Is there anything I can do to help? Thanks for the coupon, I have to order some hair today anyway. Best of luck to you, I'd hate to see DH go under, I hope these issues can be resolved.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:13:20 AM by Salli »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
Wow. Maybe respond to the Trader Support thread? Why would anyone send you money after all the missing orders that still haven't been fixed? Boggles the mind that you think you can just throw a coupon out and immediately everything is better.

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 09:28:02 AM »
ok, i think the point is that you always talked bad about your competitors, their service and their products. You raised the expectations for them and therefore for you; and now you don´t meet them.

Was beneficial for you to close the other threads, so you didn´t need to give more explanations; but many customers were left waiting for answers from you, and your potential buyers too, honestly this is a gall. At least you should answer the e-mails and work something to fix the misunderstandings.

Please be honest, what would you do if your vendor of many years send you less product, without a notice or explanation and charge you the same. Did you  really not  noticed the size difference in the wicks? i mean, you sent them!!!! you trained her and you covered her work when she was absent (working in a movie, etc), is strange that you hadn´t complains in those periods.

I really think that you aren´t honest with us, and that my friend, to me.... is be a liar, so i can´t trust my money and time in you. Of course will be different, when you really really correct the bad customer service you provide

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 12:35:28 PM »
I won't be taking "advantage" of this coupon. it's a poor sale, for less product than everyone has been used to for years. You have not addressed anyone's concerns except to place blame upon your employee for doing things "wrong" for YEARS. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that you wouldn't have noticed this. And even so people are stating that the hanks are even SMALLER than what you previously stated they "should" be.

I for one will not be paying more for less product, I will be ordering from other hair suppliers that have far better customer service and offer bigger hanks for right around the same price that yours are set at.

Customer service and responsibility are what make a small business successful, and most of us have not received either. Until all the issues are addressed, and resolutions are reached and I hear of customer service improving GREATLY, I will not be wasting my time or money.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
I'm glad you are here on the boards still.  Obviously, there are some thing to work out.  I think Tina trying to reach out to her customers is at least the start of a solution, it's just not the end of the solution.  Fixing communication and past orders will take some time.  It's a mess that has taken a lot of time to happen and it will take a lot of time to fix.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
I think a more professional way to have handled this change when you noticed it would have been offering up the same amount of hair, but raising the price a little. Many of us have said that we want what we are expecting to get. How can we order if we don't know what we are getting? If you had gone this route, then offering a coupon code for a little off would make more sense. Oh, and communicating with customers. That would be nice too.

Anyways, not taking advantage of this. Sorry....

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »
Even with the bad rap and increasingly long thread on problems I was willing to buy hair and tools from Dollyhair since my last order went really well.

But throwing your assistant under the bus publicly is astoundingly unprofessional. Even if it wasn't your intention, it really reads like you're trying to push the blame on someone else.

You should really address the people waiting on replies, refunds, and products before trying to sell more product.

Duster reference]

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »
So, for 5 years you didn't notice that the spools of hair only lasted half as long as they should have because she doubled the hanks? How is that even possible?

Good question. No, I didn't. The hanks that I saw all looked perfect. Which is one of the reasons why this still isn't making any sense to me. But there's no way that so many people could be wrong.

Post Merge: January 07, 2013, 12:42:32 PM

Even with the bad rap and increasingly long thread on problems I was willing to buy hair and tools from Dollyhair since my last order went really well.

But throwing your assistant under the bus publicly is astoundingly unprofessional. Even if it wasn't your intention, it really reads like you're trying to push the blame on someone else.

You should really address the people waiting on replies, refunds, and products before trying to sell more product.

Well, I didn't have to use her name, but honestly, that's what happened. All of these years, I never noticed any incongruencies. But idf s many people are saying that they were receiving thicker hanks, then I have no other option but to blame the person who was operating the machine.

Post Merge: January 07, 2013, 12:44:50 PM

I think a more professional way to have handled this change when you noticed it would have been offering up the same amount of hair, but raising the price a little. Many of us have said that we want what we are expecting to get. How can we order if we don't know what we are getting? If you had gone this route, then offering a coupon code for a little off would make more sense. Oh, and communicating with customers. That would be nice too.

Anyways, not taking advantage of this. Sorry....

I like your idea. As I said, I'm still trying to figure out how to address the situation.

You're all making very good points. I wish I had been able to handle everything better, but honestly (and not to go into things too far publicly), I just went through probably the most difficult experience in my whole life. If I described here how I was literally prevented from running my business properly, both financially-speaking and time-wise, you would all be appalled. So really, now that I'm coming out of the experience and will never allow something like that to happen again, all I can do is try to fix things. I URGE people to call me at 616-61-DOLLY so that I can address whatever needs to be resolved on an individual basis.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:51:08 PM by Dollyhair »

[email protected]

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
But idf s many people are saying that they were receiving thicker hanks, then I have no other option but to blame the person who was operating the machine.

Wow, this is just....wow. I have no words.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »

But throwing your assistant under the bus publicly is astoundingly unprofessional. Even if it wasn't your intention, it really reads like you're trying to push the blame on someone else

agreed I am shocked by this I cant believe you use her name so freely as well, she worked for you for 5 years she obviously did great work for you business cause everyone was happy with your product and you obviously were suffering with the extra cost of her generous hanks since you have only just 'recently discovered the issue'. Sorry I don't want attack you but I feel sorry for you old assistant that you keep blaming everything on her and she cant even defend herself please just stop and work on mending your business.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »
perhaps instead of debating who is at fault, we turn to trying to fix the unresolved issues.

Tina, please take a look at the thread in Trader Support: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,317815.0.html
you have a number of customers who have not received orders, or received orders with missing hanks, or hanks that were half the size of your 11g hanks.

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »
But idf s many people are saying that they were receiving thicker hanks, then I have no other option but to blame the person who was operating the machine.

Wow, this is just....wow. I have no words.

OK, I am NOT shirking responsibilty. Please don't think that I am. I did inspect the hanks periodically. Short of operating the machine myself 100% of the time, or inspecting and weighing each and every hank, I don't know what else I could have done.

Post Merge: January 07, 2013, 12:58:16 PM

perhaps instead of debating who is at fault, we turn to trying to fix the unresolved issues.

Tina, please take a look at the thread in Trader Support: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,317815.0.html
you have a number of customers who have not received orders, or received orders with missing hanks, or hanks that were half the size of your 11g hanks.

OK, I will.

[email protected]

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
The fact is you should not be blaming any one person. It doesn't matter what individual was physically operating the machine at the time. It is still your business so it is your responsibility to make things right and not just keep making excuses. Handle your business like a professional.

I am sorry that you have had some difficulty personally, but if you can't continue to operate at full capacity due to other things you either need to make sure that you have someone to fill in and keep all aspects of the business (including communicatiom and customer service) on track or you need to suspend business until you are able to run it properly.

Post Merge: January 07, 2013, 01:15:11 PM

It is also worth noting that many people have tried calling that number for weeks and have never gotten through to anyone. And a voicemail answer that blatantly tells people not to leave messages because you won't check them makes he whole thing completely useless.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:15:11 PM by NoDivision »

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
I don't feel as if anyone is claiming that events happening in your life are unimportant or should have been left undealt with.

However, what I believe is upsetting most of the people here (myself included) is that no information was given to us as customers to inform us that there would be delays or communication problems. While you did post something in late Nov/early Dec about being back logged, it was unfortunately a little too late for most of us.

Perhaps next time real life throws a wrench in the works of your business, a note on the site about possible delays be one of the first things you or an employee do.

As I remember it being stated during the problems that came up when your assistant was away in August, communication is very important to your business. You need to take time to get back to emails, even if it's a short reply that you are unable to look into it right away, but will get back to them by a set date. Then you won't have customers (again, myself being one of them) emailing you numerous times about the same thing, because we know that you have seen our email and we should be hearing back from you shortly.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal