collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about DC Lagoona... Or, any Lagoona, really.  (Read 330 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Question about DC Lagoona... Or, any Lagoona, really.
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:40:35 AM »
I just ordered a nude Dance Class Lagoona off of eBay. I'm looking at the pictures of her, and from what it looks like, her forearms and hands don't match the rest of her body!  :blink: The rest of her is a greyish blue color, whereas the arms are BRIGHT blue.

What's going on? Is it a trick of the lighting? Or is this a common problem with Lagoona, particularly, DC Lagoona? If necessary, I can use the body of my old Lagoona, but it's still very weird!

Post Merge: January 04, 2013, 10:40:55 AM

Oh, crap! Posted this on the wrong board. >.< Mods, can you please move this? I'm so sorry!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about DC Lagoona... Or, any Lagoona, really.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
I don't have a DC Lagoona to look at, but I believe her forearms are always in danger of being a slightly different color from her body because they're actually cast in the translucent blue of her arm and hand fins, and then the non-fin parts are painted the opaque light blue color of the rest of her. Maybe the lighting in the pictures is exacerbating the difference, or she was just painted poorly.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
I don't have DC Lagoona, but I do have Skull Shores Lagoona. Her upper arms (as well as the rest of her body) is more of a silvery blue, while her arms are a more saturated, bright blue. But I could barely tell the difference. In fact, I didn't notice until you posted this.

Hope this helps :3
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 02:38:36 PM »
I looked at my current Lagoona, and yeah, it is a slightly different color. I hope it's just the picture making it look worse than it actually is.

And then, I suddenly became aware that the seller has several of them, so the one in the picture might not even be the one I'm getting, anyway. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »
I don't have a DC Lagoona to look at, but I believe her forearms are always in danger of being a slightly different color from her body because they're actually cast in the translucent blue of her arm and hand fins, and then the non-fin parts are painted the opaque light blue color of the rest of her. Maybe the lighting in the pictures is exacerbating the difference, or she was just painted poorly.
This. None of my Lagoonas have drastically different color forearms, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal