collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Use Windows XP? You might wanna read this.  (Read 860 times)

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Use Windows XP? You might wanna read this.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
Hmm, good to know! I think my mother uses XP but I encouraged her to use Firefox for browsing as I'm not a fan of IE. She has bad luck with computers though so hopefully this won't affect her. Not really sure about warning her, sometimes she'll try to take matters into her own hands and ends up making computer problems worse!

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
hmm... my old puter is running xp, but it was built by my bro (he's a technowhizz :P ) and he told me *NOT* to use IE, and instead he downloaded google chrome for me. i've not used IE since the puter was built about a gazillion years ago.

i bought a laptop last year that was running windows 7 and its been hiddeously slow and refusing to open links in new windows properly for almost the entire time i've had it. blasted thing just shows part of the website then freezes and i have to wait for it to unfreeze itself.

so i treated me to a new lappy running windows 8, and its scheduled for deliver 2moro :D
*wish me luck, i've only just bought meself a smartphone about 6 weeks ago* lol

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »
That isnt to say everyone is off of it..infact, im sure a great number of people here still are :(

Stay safe guys <3

The majority of computers at my office still use it which is scary because we deal in health insurance so that is information that cannot be leaked. :/

However, trying to get the owners to spend money to upgrade the computers is damn near impossible. We don't even have an IT department!

Same here. Our liquor registers at work still run off of XP, as do our office computers, and the grocery and pharmacy registers as well. Corporate REFUSES to upgrade to OS 7.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal