collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Condition Confusion  (Read 325 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Condition Confusion
« on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:33 PM »
Because I just doubled the size of my collection, I've decided to make a list of my ponies on Ponydex. I'm having problems stating what condition my ponies are in. They all were all opened and then immediately put on display so I'm not sure if that means they are considered mint or in excellent condition :huh:

Also, what are the differences between excellent and good? good and fair? fair and poor? and poor and bait? Are there physical characteristics that one can point out on a pony to say which of the two conditions it is? I can tell the difference between good and bad condition but I have problems differentiating between the conditions that care so close.

Any help will be appreciated!
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Pony Condition Confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
Based on the fact that you say they were immediately opened I'm assuming you mean G4s? I'd day they can't really be anything other than "mint" at this point if they're brand new :)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »
Yes they are G4s. Thank you for your help.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
Its actually very much a personal thing I think - what is one persons "good" could be another persons "excellent", one persons "bait" could be another persons "poor". In many ways for differentiating between the descriptions it depends what you consider a fault or not a fault - there is not any set guide as to what fault brings a pony down a level or what issues are accepted as normal and therefore classes a pony in a higher bracket.

I am not a massive fan of simply classifying a pony into a condition bracket because sometimes it can be misleading - if I call a pony in near mint condition but she has a small scuff to her blush and a tiny scratch to her symbol who is to say another collector may not consider those issues significant faults and technically call her good.

I think for sites like ponydex and generally listing the condition of your ponies, you are best setting your own list and what you consider acceptable for each grade. For example for me mint means nothing wrong, not a hair out of place or a single mark - literally the perfect pony [which probably doesnt exist lol] but for other people mint could mean as perfect as possible but not immaculate.

As NoDivision says if your ponies are fresh off their cards then they "should" be close to mint but due to the general quality control of G4 if you are describing them as mint that would probably have to mean without any hair issues or plastic denting or scratches or head/body mismatch you may want to check them over before you list them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal