collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Budgets: I think I'll stick to Italians!  (Read 1224 times)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Budgets: I think I'll stick to Italians!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »
I wish I had a Nirvana budget!

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »
I'm trying to cut down on my pony spending. For a while, I was spending a lot of money on Nirvanas because I wanted all of the Heart Throb variants. It so happened that after I decided to collect this particular pony, a South African variant was discovered and someone offered to sell her to me. She was my most expensive pony but I just couldn't say no. I asked my husband if she could be my anniversary/Christmas/birthday present for the year and my parents also threw in the money that they were going to give me for Christmas and my birthday. Now that my Heart Throb collection is complete my only goal is to buy one pony from each country. I already know which ones I want and most of them rarely come up for sale so I haven't bought a pony in quite a while...

Online Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:44 PM »
My budget took a hit because I took a huge pay cut to get non-staffing work after my back surgery (well salary increased, but no shift diff or overtime, which is what I was living off, but I had no choice).  I can occasionally justify a pony over $100. I've never gone over $200, but I would for the right pony (Argie Paseos!) but I think I couldn't go over $500 for one pony, no matter how much money I had, I just couldn't justify it in my mind. Not knocking anyone who does, that's just me personally, right now. It might change, like if I won the lottery or something :)
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline specialk070581

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
I don't have a set budget - I tend to go on a case-by-case basis, depending on how much spare cash I have when a pony I want is for sale!

For nirvanas that need restoring - I'm trying to make sure I don't buy any more fixer-uppers until I've finished off some of the ones I've got!

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »
i have a budget no more then $60 even for hard o find or nirvanas.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
I have a budget too, 100 dollars would probably be the tippy top max for me to spend on a nirvana. Some ponies, like italian blue posey, I just rather get a custom of than to splurge 400+ dollars.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Lucky for us, Italians are so lovely as well as less expensive! That's what I like about Argies too, you can get some really cool ponies without breaking the bank!  I think if I wanted a really expensive one, I'd have to sell off a bunch of the cheaper ones to feel okay about it, I don't have much of a pony-budget these days...  at least the big $ ones are rare so it'd be a chase anyway which delays the buying!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
I have yet to own an Argie, I don't know what their prices average out at for the more common ones! They look sort of squidgy and sweet, I'd like to own one some day.

Depressingly I spent about $100 on Ice Crystal, if you translate £80 into USD circa the time that I got him! And yet, I haven't/won't/whatever that to spend on Nirvana ponies. Aye me. At least that's the only time I've spent that much on one pony!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
There are a lot of inexpensive Argies :) Some are expensive as well, but the more common ones can often be got for under $40. At least as far as I know - Argies are not my strong suit! All of mine have been under $40 anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Online Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
I have yet to own an Argie, I don't know what their prices average out at for the more common ones! They look sort of squidgy and sweet, I'd like to own one some day.

Depressingly I spent about $100 on Ice Crystal, if you translate £80 into USD circa the time that I got him! And yet, I haven't/won't/whatever that to spend on Nirvana ponies. Aye me. At least that's the only time I've spent that much on one pony!

Ice Crystal is still worth about that, depending on condition, so I wouldn't be too upset. Also he's awesome :) I just wish the dollar was still that good on the pound :)
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »
I don't really have a budget.  Mr. Skeen and I only have ourselves, so after bills are paid and groceries are bought and any incedentals are taken care of if I want an expensive pony I can usually have one.  I try not to pay more than the pony is worth and I am pretty picky on condition in variants, so sometimes I have to pass on ponies I really want, but they always come up again.

I do a lot of payment plans, too.  For expensive ponies this helps take the sting out since I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars all at once.  But if I do that I try and not buy anything else until the expensive one is paid off.  It doesn't always work like that, but I try, lol!  ;)

My very first variants were Argies but I don't like them that much, so I moved on to Mexicans and Italians, but now I'm only missing ponies from SA and Venezuela that I'm aware of.  Well, and a Takara, but I count my keychain ponies as my Japanese ponies and Scandinavian porcelains for those countries too, lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal