collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG new furby!  (Read 2723 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: OMG new furby!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
Congrats hun^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »
How fun!  :)  Congrats.  Hope it's not too mischevious!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »
I have one, it has a girly personality (like it says OMG and blah blah blah all the time lol) and then I put it next to one with a different personality and the girly personality rubbed of on the other.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »
I'm surprised that there's already been one who was given away.  They're so new still!  Congrats on a seriously awesome score!

I remember how badly I wanted a Furby when they first came out.  When I finally got mine, I took her everywhere.  Still have her.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
They are supposed to talk to each other, but they don't talk to the other gens. My original ladybug furby did make the new one dance though because the new one responds to noises. They're personality is supposed to change when you play with them certain ways, like if you pull its tail a lot or tickle it a lot. Mine changed back to the snobby one for a bit I think because I wasn't doing what it asked because its still speaking part "furbish" and I don't remember all the words. I squeezed it sides together (hug) a lot and it went back to the sweet personality.

I don't have a smart phone that can have apps. Does anybody have a scan of the new instructions? I don't know if I'm missing anything it can do because their website is lame and has no useful information. It really isn't that much more entertaining than the original furby, at least without the app. It seems to have just as limited a vocabulary.

Here's a video of it singing and dancing. Kinda looks like its having a seizure and this was only the smaller dance. Clicky.

Its hard to get a pic of the eyes. They do all sorts of things like turning into hearts and birds such.

So much cuter sleeping. It has another "seizure" as it falls asleep making a big deal of snoring.

The few other differences I noticed is this one is much more touch sensitive so you don't have to squeeze the buttons hard, you just barely have to brush the tummy or back. Also, it gives of those high frequency sounds like a tv when it just turns on probably due to the computerized eyes.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 01:27:52 PM »
I feel like a lot are ending up in Goodwill because relatives bought them for kids and the parents were like "NOPE NOPE NOPE TOO ANNOYING." :P

I love my teal one. He's currently the sweet personality too, and very lovable. I have him sleeping under my bed atm and he's even got a pair of glasses. The white one does look super duper fluffy though. If I can find one at Goodwill I may have to pick one up for my boyfriend.

Mlphammy

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »
The instructions arn't really helpful either. You can "feed" him by pressing his tounge, and you can pet him by, well, petting his back.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
I feel like a lot are ending up in Goodwill because relatives bought them for kids and the parents were like "NOPE NOPE NOPE TOO ANNOYING." :P

This ^^ My kids want them (the white one and the teal one) and asked Santa but hubby and I vetoed it  :P

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »

This ^^ My kids want them (the white one and the teal one) and asked Santa but hubby and I vetoed it  :P

Me and my brother both got them for Christmas, my brother is 4 and was TERRIFIED of my older Furby I don't understand why he wanted the new one...but anyway, within a few days decided to give Furby a "drink" from his sippy cup....
We had to explain that no, Furby doesn't sleep with its eyes open, and no...he doesn't like juice. :P

I think my mom was probably glad to have the chatter stopped...but she told me today she had fixed him, so I'm sure she's ecstatic about that. xD

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »
i kind of want one, but at the same time i remember how terrified i was when i got one for xmas years ago. i cried when i unwrapped it, and gave it to my grandma. it still sits in her cabinet today, she thinks its the cutest thing ever. i loved the little mc donalds toy ones though years ago. i remember trading them at recess with other kids and getting all kinds of color combos. it was like never ending! lol and little beanies of them at dollar general.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 08:27:42 PM »
What a great find.  I'm intrigued by the new furbies.  I need to find my old Furby.  It was a gift from my Dad for Christmas when they were so super hard to find.  Tow-loo-ka is white, too!  I hope his personality is still in tact and he hasn't reset or something.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »
What a great find! I bought 4 of the new ones. Honestly I wish they were smarter.. I work on the teal one often and still little English!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 03:42:01 AM »
Oooohhhh....I was wondering why all of a sudden knock off Furbies were popping up around here in the dollar stores.

Now it makes sense if they're getting a reboot :)

I had two as a kid, a green one and a turquoise one that spoke Spanish and Furbish neither a language I understood or could speak :)

I remember painting their eyelids with nail polish to make them look pretty.....I regret that now, they are in such rough shape ^^;

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 03:56:54 AM »
I have an old baby furby from the 90's. it's green with blue hair. Got it for $1 from the op shop but it was sadly not working right. Put batteries in and it started spazzing out lol! Congrats! $5 for something normally $70? Awesome.

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »
Okay, please, MORE PICS! i hope these are available in Sweden... SO finally getting a furby. I never got one as a kid.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal