collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2013 new years resolutions?  (Read 866 times)

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 new years resolutions?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »
Stay positive, stay happy and take it as it comes ;)  :hope:
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
to be more... fancy!
 i'll wear my nice jewelry more. put on eyeshadow, not just mascara. try to accessorize. drink more mimosas!

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
I resolve to lose 30-60 lbs.  :D  That should work as soon as I get a hamster wheel for my apartment. 
Seriously though:
1-I want to save up enough money to get my car fixed.
2-Pay off my piddly balance at the school
3-Actually go in for a yearly check up (lady sort and generalized sort)
4-Hone my skills at asking people to pay their balances in such a way that they have no route of refusal. (Like how when little old church ladies tell you they'll be looking to see you at church since they're cooking something special for you. D: )
5-Become more skilled and efficient at my job. 
6-I dunno, maybe go on dates?  (I should probably care more about that if I hope to squirt out a baby when I hit 35)
7-Try to only eat sweets and sodas on the weekend.
8-Drink more mimosas like kaninchen
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:22:24 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »
I haven't really thought of this, honestly... I don't usually have new year resolutions and I don't think I would follow them anyway... BUT ! Let's try it this year :)

- Be more productive. I need to actually work more and more often on the projects I want to do.
- Be more organized. I need to plan my time more efficiently.
- Think/plan less and do more ! This has always been my biggest problem...
- Practice more on the things I enjoy doing (drawing, playing the bass, baking...).
- Learn to deal with stress and pressure.
- Learn to bake more things and learn how to make plush toys !
- Get more freelance jobs.
- Get completely independent from my family.

I think this is more than enough - I don't think I'll keep up with all this xD

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »
Clean up the dang pony room already. Its still a mess since I moved it to the bigger room.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 12:49:07 PM »
to be more... fancy!
 i'll wear my nice jewelry more. put on eyeshadow, not just mascara. try to accessorize. drink more mimosas!

Can I just say what a fab resolution this is! I think I'll take a leaf out of your book and try to be a bit more glamourous in 2013!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »
Ok so what's with the mimosas lol

My resolutions this year:

1) Work harder. I have such a great job and I'm really not sure I'm doing my best. There are some changes afoot too, so need to up my game

2) Learn runes! I want to be able to read and write Nordic runes. Can't be that hard right?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
Hmm, let's see...

-Learn how to drive. I'm tired of building my schedule around when the buses run... And some of them are so slow and late that I spend half my day just waiting for them. Time to figure out this whole car thing.

-Lose weight. I've packed on some pounds since I started working, and I'm not happy with it. I think I'm gonna have to locate a gym!

-Get a new job. I've been with McDonald's for 8 months, I'm so sick of it. Time to move on.

-Save money. I need to be able to take care of myself soon.

Aaaaaand
-Increase productivity! I have so many plans for things I want to make and do, but it's always a "maybe later" or "someday, months from now" kind of thing.  Not gonna improve on anything if I don't start now!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
Resolutions.

-Write at least 5 pages of script a day (on any script) and have three full-length, non-Hasbro related scripts in my writing portfolio in time for Cutie Mark Con (where I can hopefully network with people from Hasbro.)
-Get a full time job.
-Enjoy life.
-Not die.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 07:09:24 PM »
Aha, if I write it then I MUST follow them! ;)

-Enroll in a martial arts dojo!! At the moment its looking more like it'll be Tae Kwon Do, and though it's not my preference, I am going to take what I can get and give it my all!
-Focus on getting healthier. I don't think I need to lose any actual weight since I'm trying not to focus on that anymore, so instead I'm trying to concentrate on building muscle/toning and regarding my body with a healthier attitude.
-Write/draw MORE. I have a ton of stories I'm juggling write now and I am determinded to finish at least 1, perferably 2, of my longer epics! Been increasing my time I focus on my artwork a lot more as well and I want to continue pushing my boundaries and trying new things.
-Practice driving. I HATE DRIVING. But I need to practice more. A lot. This will happen this year.
-Graduate and focus on a career plan. Pretty self explanatory.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
Made two,  one is to make time to get into the studio and  two is to try and make time to do yoga at least 3 to 4 times awake for my arthritic old back.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 09:25:10 PM »
I don't usually do New Years resolutions but this year I'm going to work on being more financially responsible! I'm reading to learn more about money management, I've tracked our last 6mo of spending and have set us up with a budget! I'm going to continue to track all spending and try to stay on or under budget.

I have a new little one in the house now too, so while I'd also like to simplify my life a bit by decluttering the house, I know that will be a slow goal to achieve but I will try to do what I can when I have time. He's 15mo and we need time to bond as well as time for his big brother who is also having to adjust to sharing his parents and his toys with his new little bro!

I'm also going to try to watch my weight better. When my first son came home I stress-ate 20lbs on, so I'm hoping to not do that again. Getting more sleep will help with that (being tired adds to stress-eating for me) as will adding simple exercises to do each day and not giving in to chocolate when I'm tired and cranky!

With all of that I'd like to try to work in a bit of fun time here and there. Part of it is doing artwork with my oldest boy. We haven't been doing enough of that, so we're now doing one thing a day. Today we did playdough! Tomorrow we're going to make necklaces out of noodles and yarn!

All the best to everyone as we work on improving ourselves in 2013!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »
Well, pony resolutions aside, pretty much none.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »
Enjoy my new life with my hunny. We live in the same house now! Get some more ponies also!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »
Bumping this back up!

2013 is gonna be the Big One for me, there's our wedding in June and moving out of living with my mum and into our new house that needs totally renovating!

Smaller resolutions this year include passing my driving test and insuring my (hopefully road-worthy) car, finding a riding school and getting back into the saddle after 8 years, working to improve my Etsy shop and taking some sort of class.

I'm tracking my resolutions and progress on a new 2013 blog - http://fiwen30.blogspot.co.uk/!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal