collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who was your first pony?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline whiskerz85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • MLP 4 LIFE
    • View Profile
Re: Who was your first pony?
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 10:51:42 AM »
My very first pony was Peach Blossom, but the pony who really got me into collecting was my second pony Tassles. :)

LavenderAna

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
My very first pony was Coco Berry from way back in 1987, and still love her. That's why she's in my sig :)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
My first very own pony was Love Letter whom I got when I was very young, in the early 90's. She's still in a very good condition, just well loved.  :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »
I got four ponies at the same time!

Applejack, Bowtie, Peachy and Cotton Candy! 

I still have them all!

Alysanne

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »
My very first pony was G1 Twilight :)

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »
G4 royal wedding Rainbow Dash. I bought her last June, and since then a few hundred others have moved in with her. ^^; She was my first re-tailing job, and I did not do very well. She needs a re-hairing, too, and I will do just that when I work up the motivation to make a re hairing tool and buy some glue. Here she is in a crash helmet:

Sorry to hear you lost your childhood pony, hope you find her one day.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 11:37:15 PM »
Well, when I was growing up, I didn't have any ponies.

However, I can clearly remember my first pony: G3 Sing n' Dance Pinkie Pie. Bought her because I was intrigued, and then I grew to love her :)
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »
G3 Snowflake. For Christmas 2003, G3's had JUST come out, everyone who asked me what I wanted got told "My little ponies". So they all got me them. xD So technically, I had 6 first ponies- Meadow Brooke, Star Swirl, Sparkleworks, Cotton Candy, Kimono, and Snowflake. Snowflake was the one I opened first though, so I consider her my very first pony.

So this was my childhood herd. I had the Cotton Candy Cafe and that was probably the only think I played with for a LONG time. Snowflake was my favorite, she's in pretty rough shape.

Edit: Ignore one one my Jack Sparrows photo bombing in the background. xD I woulda taken the picture somewhere else but you would see endless piles of heavy metal stuff and rockstar pictures photo bombing instead, so... :frolic:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:05:51 AM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »
This is my actual first pony who still takes pride of place in my collection and yes i took exceptional care of my ponies i did not like them getting dirty at all!

It wasn't one pony that got me into collection but my childhood colelction in general.  I had a huge collection as a kid and when moving several years ago pulled them out of storage and washed them etc before deciding to keep them all.  A friend visiting saw them all sitting there and said they thought they were very collectible so I got on Ebay for a look and before I knew it was bidding on some new additions and from there it just grew :-)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »
The first pony I ever remember getting  was  a G1 Glory..
I'm not sure where my grandma and mom found her.. but when i was a kid i had to have surgury and so before i went in they gave her to me to keep me company in the hospital.

Then later when I was a little older and healthier ... i would go to my grandmas and she would let me play with her ponies. So i had several G1s.
My folks didnt have a whole lot of money so we didnt get to buy them much i did get a few more tho... with my grandmas i had about 15

recently i decided to start collecting a gain.. and so i started finding more G1s on line..
and Swore up and down i wasnt going to get into g4s
then someone gave me a twilight and made me watch the show.. i was hooked..
 -_-
I now own all of the playful ponies/brushables  that you can get your claws on here in the states and a couple of internationals..
addictive lil monsters.
hehe any how.. cool thread darlin!

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 09:20:10 PM »
G2 Sky Skimmer.  I didn't even realize that she was MLP until early last year.  The first ones that I was aware of were G3 Sunny Daze and Pinkie Pie. :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 08:30:52 AM »
My first 2 ponies were from my cousin because she didn't want them anymore. Firefly and Sand Dollar (with her shell). :)

Still have them, and all of my childhood ponies have a spot in my china cabinet.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »
My very first pony that got me back into collecting. I saw G1 Medley on Dream Valley. I wondered if she was still available to buy. So I checked ebay...big mistake. I did end up buying her and lots others. I found the mlparena and the rest is history. Medley has such pretty colors all green and I love her symbols. I always loved music. I also remember playing with her alot as a kid because of the movie I think. (That was when I used to have her.)  :) I still have that medley and a short haired medley too. I think the long haired one was the one I wanted the most. So I got her as the very first pony I started collecting.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:48:04 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 11:01:18 AM »
Hmm that got me into collecting? Twilight + Applejack + Rarity + Pinkie Pie. All at once. Then Cheerilee and Lily Blossom sucked me in.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 11:17:31 AM »
  I had a fair-sized collection of them as a kid, but we had them since before I could remember. I think Mom and Dad bought them all at once at a yard sale.
  My first pony that was bought new, just for me, was my favorite yellow fakie, Lite Brite. I was at my cousin's birthday party, which was dominated by boys. Instead of a grab bag, my Aunt bought a bunch of dollar store stuff that the kids could win as prizes or something. It was all boy stuff, except for one little yellow pony. I saw her package, and could tell Aunt Becky bought her just for me so I wouldn't have to pretend I wanted a sports ball or something, so I felt pretty special. (There, have I told that story enough yet? ;) ) I would post her pic, but I'm having photobucket troubles... She's a remco fakie (not a real Remco), the kind that has a longish neck, with dark blue paint hooves and neon rainbow hair. So she was a very unique pony, and often involved in games where she was mocked by the crowd and had to prove herself!
  And yeah, G4 totally got me into ponies. I bought back (a fraction of) my original collection (including my beloved fakie!), but at that point had I told myself "I'm just going to recreate my old collection, that's it." But when I was shopping for Up Up and Away, I found one that came with Dancing Butterflies, who I never had. I said, "She's gorgeous too...." and well, here I am now!
I'll put something here some time

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal