collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bronycon?  (Read 438 times)

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Bronycon?
« on: December 30, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »
Hi Everypony!

I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if there have been any vendors in the past that have sold G1 stuff at Bronycon?

Does anyone here plan on going this year? It is in Baltimore, closer to me than Ponycon and was just wondering.

Thanks!!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bronycon?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:25:15 AM »
I went to Bronycon in NJ last year and from what I recall no one had g1 ponies.  Bronycon really is for bronies...

There were one or two sellers that had a few older gens mixed in but they are running their own con this year, the Big Apple Ponycon. This con should have stuff geared towards older collectors. http://www.bigappleponycon.com/30years/ 

If you are looking for cons with G1 stuff the MLP fair is the top. http://mylittleponycon.com/ But since you want something closer to Maryland, a bunch of collectors run a large MD Pony meet in May to check out. http://www.mdponymeet.com/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:30:07 AM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »
Thanks, Foxtale!  I went to Ponycon in Orlando this past year and it was awesome.  We are still debating on whether we will be able to swing it this year in Indy.  It's like a 12 hour drive from Philadelphia. 

I'll check out the links you provided as well - thanks, again!

:good:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
I can't say I have been but from the reports I have read and comments from people who have gone, I believe it is very much all about FiM [more about the cartoon than the toys] even down to the vendors. However, I will admit that seeing that many pony fans in one place at one time - was attendance not about 4000 last year or something? - would be staggering!

I agree with Foxtale however, if you want an all generation event on the major scale the Pony Fair is the best bet or the MD meet she has linked to always looks amazing from the pictures, it seems to be really big and busy!

Or alternatively you could always look to organise a local pony meet yourself as well!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Tupin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
It's a heavily FiM driven con, but I think stuff that was in G4 style did well regardless. Lots of G4 seapony/sea creature drawings and G4-style previous gen ponies.

Bronycon is in Baltimore this year, and Big Apple Ponycon is in Brooklyn, but the former will probably always be the big convention based on name recognition alone.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »
I just saw that the Big Apple Ponycon announced a custom contest, too - with all gens represented! :faint: Maaaan, people need to get moving, we need more pony conventions over here in my area!! :P

I hope you find a good convention to go to! Have fun either way! :cheer: But yeah, I don't think you'll find much G1 at Bronycon; I only found a couple of booths that sold toys at all (in all of the Brony-based events I've been to I mean, not just Bronycon), mostly it's art prints and the like. :( And they were almost all G4.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal