collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Again trouble with DollyHair...  (Read 22051 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Again trouble with DollyHair...
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »
I think... We will have to check with a mod on this... But I think the mods do not consider these transactions to be affiliated at all with the arena and as such feedback left here would not be appropriate whether the experience was good or bad.

I know if you make an eBay purchase from someone here you are supposed to leave their feedback on eBay not through the arena system.

Also when I ordered from retro dolls I was instructed not to leave my feedback here but rather on her own private site/forum. I know dollyhair advertises here but she is technically selling with her own storefront so an comments or feedback should probably go through there.

But we can see what the mods say. I've had good experiences with Tina, even with conflict resolution, so I would leave some pos for her if it was deemed appropriate.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2013, 01:09:10 AM »
I ordered on the 16th of January and am still to receive my order (to Germany). Is it too early to be worrried? Other things I bought from the US during the same time have long arrived.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2013, 03:10:43 AM »
I would almost say yes.
Shipping from the US is horrible slow lately.
I've bought several things around 16-18th of January and they start to show up now.
Not sure why it takes so long.  :huh:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2013, 03:29:27 AM »
I guess that's good to know, Berry, thank you!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2013, 03:32:07 AM »
The East Coast has been slammed with some very inclement weather the past few weeks.  And I know they had an announcement up on USPS that there were delays.  So it is very possible that would most likely affect delivery times out of the US.

And to answer the question on feedback we discourage it because the transaction did not take place here. It's the same with ebay, etsy etc.     
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
Sorry to bring this up again, but, regarding hank sizes other than MLP, here's the explanation I was given. I should have posted this earlier, but I was busy with other things at the time I received this email. >.<;;;

Well, here's what happened: my assistant, Lauren, was working for me for five years. She quit in late October. After that, I hired my new assistant, Karen. I trained Karen and I showed her how to operate the machine, and how big the hanks were supposed to be. Karen always followed my instructions perfectly, but that's when the complaints started coming in...

People all started saying that the MLP hanks were too small... much smaller than they'd been accustomed to receiving. I then realized that Lauren had been spinning the hanks much more thickly than she was supposed to, and now, customers were mad that they were receiving less hair. Therefore, I made a change, and all MLP hanks are now supposed to weigh 16 grams (give or take a gram) instead of the 11 grams that they're "supposed" to weigh.

Now, a 38" hank is "supposed" to be twice the amount of a 38" hank. So, by that rationale, a 38" hank is "supposed" to weigh 22 grams. I could have upped the weight of the 38" hanks as well, but I didn't. So they're still at 22 grams. I never got any complaints about the 38" hanks being ssmaller than they usually are, so I assumed that Lauren was only spinning the MLP hanks too thickly.

To answer your question, please order two MLP hanks in the future, instead of one 38" hank. Two MLP hanks will cost you a total of $6.24, and you'll receive a total of 32 grams of hair. But one 38" hank will cost you $6.25, and you'll only receive 22 grams of hair.

I know, it's stupid. But I couldn't increase the amounts on all of the hanks. That would have necessitated me raising the prices. I didn't want to do that to customers.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »
She never got complaints about the 38"?  Because I definitely had way smaller hanks then they used to be, but I didn't do anything because I just made do with what I had and the order is from ages ago.
What's the point of paying double for a 38" hank when I can get two mlp hanks with more hair?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »

Now, a 38" hank is "supposed" to be twice the amount of a 38" hank. So, by that rationale, a 38" hank is "supposed" to weigh 22 grams. I could have upped the weight of the 38" hanks as well, but I didn't. So they're still at 22 grams. I never got any complaints about the 38" hanks being ssmaller than they usually are, so I assumed that Lauren was only spinning the MLP hanks too thickly.

I know for a fact that people were complaining about the 38" hanks being smaller. People here posted about it, and I have seen numerous discussions in doll customizing communities about it. I hate that Tina just keeps turning a blind eye to the problems. Just because people were most vocal about the MLP hank size she addressed that issue and has ignored everyone else.

She talks a lot about her "loyal customers" but she seems to only care about pleasing some customers and ignoring others. It's like she thinks as long as some people will put up with her and keep ordering then everything is okay, and in the meantime she just pretends all the unhappy people don't exsit. She is currently claiming that everything is running perfectly smoothly with her business, but we have had several people post within the past few weeks stating that they are still having issues with orders and are not reciving responses to their e-mails. Obviously things are not fixed, and I hate to think of more people having bad experiences while she slides right back into the pattern of mistakes and silence.

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »
Apparently ponylady didn't like me confronting Sarahlacewing. My apologies, but I don't like Sarahlacewing's insinuation that the mods are taking sides and trying to prevent people from leaving Tina feedback. As I pointed out originally, my negative feedback was approved so obviously Sarahlacewing has been misinformed.

I know for a fact that people were complaining about the 38" hanks being smaller. People here posted about it, and I have seen numerous discussions in doll customizing communities about it. I hate that Tina just keeps turning a blind eye to the problems. Just because people were most vocal about the MLP hank size she addressed that issue and has ignored everyone else.

She talks a lot about her "loyal customers" but she seems to only care about pleasing some customers and ignoring others. It's like she thinks as long as some people will put up with her and keep ordering then everything is okay, and in the meantime she just pretends all the unhappy people don't exsit. She is currently claiming that everything is running perfectly smoothly with her business, but we have had several people post within the past few weeks stating that they are still having issues with orders and are not reciving responses to their e-mails. Obviously things are not fixed, and I hate to think of more people having bad experiences while she slides right back into the pattern of mistakes and silence.

I have been a loyal customer since 2010.  I ordered hair from her exclusively.  Yet the only time I've heard back from her since these issues started is when I leave negative feedback, when I opened the paypal claim, when I escalated the paypal claim, and apparently when I suggest others leave her feedback befitting their experiences.

Yesterday I suggested that people start leaving her negative or neutral feedback so that new buyers know what to expect. Today first this this morning I get a note from her saying

"Hello, Nichi. I read your post on the arena, and I was confused as to why you felt that the issue was unresolved. Now I see why. You messaged me through Facebook. I was expecting an email from you. I honestly really don't understand how to use Facebook. I didn't see your message until today. PLEASE email me and tell me what I need to send to you, and please give me your mailing address in an email. [email protected]. Thank you."

Really?  Less than 24 hours after I leave that suggestion I suddenly get a facebook response?

And she is expecting an e-mail response when I've already mentioned here and to her through facebook that she never responds to me via phone or e-mail? Really? 

And what's all this about not understanding how to use facebook? She understands it well enough to delete people's negative comments about her business from her own facebook page. And she certainly knows how to use facebook messaging well enough to respond to the parts of my messages where I'm telling her why I'm upset.  She has used it to send me lengthy messages about why it's not her fault.

But somehow the parts about my address and how much hair I was owed, that part she can't figure out?  Even after she asked me for that information in facebook messenger?

I will send her an e-mail. It will contain my address (again) and the amount of hair I am owed (again).   But it won't do any good if I keep getting the same message I've been getting about how "your e-mail could not go through. There was an error and your e-mail is not allowed to contact this e-mail at this time."

But who knows. Maybe that "error" will have cleared up.

But at this point, I don't really care. My paypal claim was successful. I'm only doing this to give her the opportunity to show she can actually follow through when she says she'll send the hair to fulfill the order. Because I'm nice like that.

[Removing a Moderator note will not only get you a warning, but will also gain you a banning. DO NOT do so again.
This is a public warning due to your ignorance of the rules. Loa - Site Owner]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:13:10 PM by Loa »
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »
you got your money back, and you are still expecting her to send you the hair?

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »
you got your money back, and you are still expecting her to send you the hair?

No. As I said. At this point, my paypal transaction went through.  I got my money back. I don't actually care if she sends it or not.

However, she contacted me this morning with the message I posted above. She asked me to e-mail her with my address and what I had been owed, it seems she wants to fulfill it anyway. I, quite frankly, didn't expect to hear back from her again.

If she wants to send it, that's up to her. At this point I don't care. I'm not going to wait around expecting it, though. And it's not going to change the fact that in order to get any kind of resolution up to this point I had to go all the way through paypal to do it.

As I said. I have kept people informed on this thread about how she claimed to be willing to fulfill the order but never did.  I can only assume she wants an opportunity to prove she can follow through on fulfilling the order and I am allowing her that chance.

If it does come, I'll certainly stop back by and let everyone know she fulfilled it, even after the full refund on paypal.  It may not change my thoughts on ordering from her, but it may be information that others want to know.  And I'll certainly not begrudge her that.

HOWEVER: These things are true to this point and will not be changed by her sending me hair.

*I have tried calling the number she has provided. She never answers the phone and her outgoing message says to not leave a message. She doesn't check the machine.

*I have tried e-mailing her. I have not received any reliable response back and have even received messages saying my e-mail can't reach her. This latest one seems to have gone through, however.

*I have sent her pm's on the arena. To date, they haven't even been opened.

*I ordered hair from her in November. At the time of my order, there was no notice on her site about orders being delayed.  It didn't come till then end of December.

*When my orders did come they didn't have enough hair.

*All messages I have received from her have been seemingly in direct response to either
a) me leaving a negative post on a thread in the arena
b) me leaving her negative feedback on the arena
c) me starting or escalating a paypal claim.
To this point I go for weeks or months without hearing from her.  But within 24 hours of one of these things happening, I get a message about how she doesn't understand why I am upset. How I need to understand why it's not her fault. And how she wants to fix it.

So again, even if she does send the hair, it's not going to change anything for me. All of these things will remain true. I do not expect her to send the hair. I haven't asked her for anything since I got my paypal refund.

However, if she is saying she is going to send it, I really think she aught to. Let her yes mean yes and her no mean no.  If she isn't going to, I'd like her to say so.  Again, Yes=yes. No =no.  I am getting frustrated trying to correspond with her. She has had months to send it.  Either do it or don't. But quit trying to string it along.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:14:34 PM by NichiTsukinoko »
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »
Please note:
She is a sponsored vendor of hair on the arena and people have left her good feedback here.
This is an absolute untruth.
The Arena has only ever sponsored one seller across any of our boards and that is Shelti.

If a transaction occurs on the Arena, then we encourage members to leave HONEST feedback.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »
I just wanted to stop by and mention that I used to only buy 38" hanks and I expressly complained about the size of my recent hanks in several threads and on several places.  I did not make her replace the light hanks but only the missing hank and I am okay with that.

But in response to her saying no one complained about the 38" hanks being light- i wanna raise my hand and say that yes i did multiple times.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO USE SARAN: Tina did NOT fix the issue with RD hanks, at least, as far as I can tell. I just received a hank of Pillarbox Red, and it is half the size of the RD hanks I've received in the past. :/

EDIT: I just sent an email to Dollyhair asking if the RD hanks were fixed or not. Hopefully, mine was just a bad one. I'll keep you guys posted on the response.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:52:55 PM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Therefore, I made a change, and all MLP hanks are now supposed to weigh 16 grams (give or take a gram)

This might sound a bit petty of me, but I'm irked by the "give or take a gram". I assisted someone with similar things once and I was told that I should aim as close as 20 gram (for example) as possible. It was ok if the package weighted 21-22 gram, but not 19. The customer had payed for 20 gram. If they got less it was considered unprofessional.

I know it's a small thing really, but I can't help wondering why it's so hard to promise the customer to get what they paid for.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal