collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Choose up to THREE Ghouls

Photo 1
85 (36.3%)
Photo 2
5 (2.1%)
Photo 3
9 (3.8%)
Photo 4
0 (0%)
Photo 5
21 (9%)
Photo 6
51 (21.8%)
Photo 7
63 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: December 23, 2012, 11:48:22 AM

Author Topic: ANTM- Challenge 2- The Ghoul Who Was OBSESSED!!!! Contestants/winners revealed!  (Read 2447 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Congrats, Chi and Skelita!  That photo just makes my mouth water expectantly for candy!

And now... some constructive crit!  Please don't throw things at me, it's just my opinion... 

#1:
pro: well-balanced composition, colors pop out
con:  would have removed the ghiradelli packaging and to unwrap the Starburst, as the text really pulls your eye and there are no other visible logos, just open candies.

#2:
pro: soft lighting with blue shadows has tremendous possibility, especially with the shimmering stones.  Oceanic theme anyone?
con: A different composition from "center and foreground" could really give the shot more dynamic feel.  Perhaps stretched out, trailing her hands through shiny gems...

3#:
pro: a completely understandable interpretation!  MMMM coffee!
con: Coffee enthusiasts are usually avid about what they drink out *of*.  Show us your mug!  Or is Abbey so hardcore she doesn't need to waste time brewing the coffee and just swallows the grounds whole?  :-p 

#4:
pro: the flash captured a dreamy look in her eyes as she thinks of her idol - great detail!
con: I bet your doll pretends she's Celine Dion in front of the mirror... I'd love to see the photoshoot where you catch her in the act, full-out hairbrush solo and all.  :D  Give her more of an stage to perform on rather than the corner of a sofa.

#5:
pro: Immediately the theme becomes obvious! Love the prop watch and the sepia tone.
con: Your ISBN codes are showing!  I also think using more material from the Alice books as background art would surround her better than laying next to a stack of books.  It's good like this but give us MORE! :D

#6:
pro:  Drawn right into the gems and jewels!  The cut of her skirt makes you look twice when you see her legs at the side but the leg fin and the purple shoes balance, and pull your eye back to the center.
con:  The flash coming off the poster board is a wee bit distracting and perhaps you could have draped jewels into your curls differently but it still has great impact.

#7:
pro:  Catches the viewer's eye immediately with the centered gaze, forces you to look "down the triangle" into the shoes.  Very direct message!
con:  A large pile of molded plastic soon becomes just that after you look at it too long. My eyes strain trying to count/differentiate all the different shoes.

Um.  *ducks fakies*
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:34:48 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
oh thanks for the tips squirmy I might try to do some breaking up for the forground and what not for my next photo

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
I was going to do some kind of doll/comic book obsession with my Ghoulia's but my Heroclix I sacrificed for Ghoulia's dolly didn't come in in time.

Comic Book Obsession by reidelsol, on Flickr

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)

#4:
pro: the flash captured a dreamy look in her eyes as she thinks of her idol - great detail!
con: I bet your doll pretends she's Celine Dion in front of the mirror... I'd love to see the photoshoot where you catch her in the act, full-out hairbrush solo and all.  :D  Give her more of an stage to perform on rather than the corner of a sofa.

Thanks, Squirmy! I didn't have a whole stage set to use. I needed a better backdrop, I don't have any ones of her caught in the act, just pics of her with a lot of Celine stuff. I met Celine Dion so I should have added more but only so much that you can fit using a phone camera. She was sitting on a crapload of Celine books. Should have shown the A New Day Las Vegas programs or the Falling Into You Tour one. There was no way I could make a makeshift stage in my apartment. ;)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:35:05 PM by Foxy_Ninja »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback! I actually realized that myself but by then I had already cleaned up the entire mess. Shame since after looking through my photos I had a small spurt of inspiration. ;___;
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Thanks for the advice! It always helps. The business of the shoes was why I made it a focal B&W, in full color is was CRAZY! I also tried to make her look a bit crazy and I think it worked. XD

Here is a blurry one in full color

Also, here are photos from the winter holiday challenge on the night class site:
Spectra as the ghost of Christmases Past

And Frankie baking goodies to take to her friends

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Congrats, Chi! It was a gorgeous photo! Can't wait to see what next challenge you come up with!

Salli: I still love your photo a lot! Great work!

Everybody - job well done!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
omigosh such awesome photos you guys!!!!!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
omigosh such awesome photos you guys!!!!!

You're late to the party, woman!!!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Congrats, Chi! It was a gorgeous photo! Can't wait to see what next challenge you come up with!

Thanks, Tuney. After you said you liked my pic it made my day :) Also, I think I already have another challenge picked out if I ever win again XD

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile

Thanks, Tuney. After you said you liked my pic it made my day :) Also, I think I already have another challenge picked out if I ever win again XD

Please let it be something involving couture evening gowns!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Not this time ;) but it's pretty awesome.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Everyone's picture was so perfect, it was hard to choose! I finally went with Chi's Skelita - the colors are perfect, I looove the candy subject, and she's so photogenic! Congrats on the well deserved win! My other votes went to: Ruby - she just looks so precious swimming in her gem pile! Such a dragon, ha. And Salli's Triclops - shoe love pictures are so great. Her coloring is really striking. You can really see the obsession in these three dollies. :3

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
I'm home from work Mon and Tues, and I have another four day weekend coming up, so I hope to definitely participate in the next challenge! I can't wait to see what Chi comes up with.

Post Merge: December 23, 2012, 12:39:45 PM

Also, awesome prize Salli!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Congrats Chi ^_^ I voted for you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal