collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Blind Bag to Brushable Swap -- SHIPPING AND RECEIVING!  (Read 18414 times)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Re: G4 Blind Bag to Brushable Swap -- Partners sent; working!
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2013, 10:02:11 AM »
i guess personally i wouldn't mind. as long as it was glued back in right.
if it was a straight out purchased one or commissioned, then i would be upset.

Why should a pony made in a swap be given any less effort or attention to detail that a commissioned pony, though? Any custom that is being sent to another person should be treated the same, whether it's a swap or a commission or a gift.

Quote for truth.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: G4 Blind Bag to Brushable Swap -- Partners sent; working!
« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
I think what rosierjay is saying is that, since swap ponies aren't actually paid for, a lesser quality is to be expected from them. However, I agree with you, NoD -- they require just as much time and effort and love, too. Having a swap partner disappointed is one of the worst feelings ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Re: G4 Blind Bag to Brushable Swap -- Partners sent; working!
« Reply #242 on: May 12, 2013, 10:25:46 AM »
I think what rosierjay is saying is that, since swap ponies aren't actually paid for, a lesser quality is to be expected from them. However, I agree with you, NoD -- they require just as much time and effort and love, too. Having a swap partner disappointed is one of the worst feelings ever.

A lesser quality should never be expected from a swap pony. Personally, I always try to keep the same standard, be it for a commission, a swap, or a sales piece. Anything else would be wrong.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »

A lesser quality should never be expected from a swap pony. Personally, I always try to keep the same standard, be it for a commission, a swap, or a sales piece. Anything else would be wrong.

I agree. I put just as much if not more effort into swap ponies. It has nothing to do with money or getting paid, it has to do with making someone the best pony possible in any circumstance. Sorry, but that just makes me sad that there are people who think swap ponies aren't as important so it's fine for them to be lesser quality. Makes me wary to join swaps if that's how people think about them these days :\

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »
Just throwing this out there: If your ponies appeared in the cartoon, would you want the brushable to look like the cartoon version, the blind bag version, or a creative mix of the two?

I forgot to put down my answer in case my partner was curious: I wouldn't mind a mix between the show/"official" toy. Use some artistic license. :)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
On the subject of hair styling, outside of show-accurate haircuts, what other hairstyles do you like, partner? I'm thinking of doing crimped/wavy hair on one of the ponies, since I've been a little obsessed with it lately, but I want to know if you're okay with it.

Me, I love pretty much every hairstyle. I love straight hair that I can play with, but I'm also very fond of waves and curls.

CarnationTwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2013, 10:48:48 AM »
This is my first custom swap, but I am approaching it with the attitude of trying to do the best job that I am capable of doing.  That said, I am generally not bothered by flaws as long as they're not terribly obvious and there's still effort put behind it.

question for my partner: how do you feel about modified hair plugs and tail holes?  I mean things like adding a third row of plugs for thickness or making the tail hole larger?

On the subject of hair styling, outside of show-accurate haircuts, what other hairstyles do you like, partner? I'm thinking of doing crimped/wavy hair on one of the ponies, since I've been a little obsessed with it lately, but I want to know if you're okay with it.

I'm okay with most every hairstyle, especially since I'm not very good at it myself.  I like the softness of waves and curls, but I think it largely depends on the pony.  Go with what your heart tells you suits the pony best.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »
To be honest, I always do those things. My G4 customs always have extended tail holes, mainly because it's easier for me to put tails in them when I have more room to work with. As for a third row of plugs, I do this on every pony I make -- but for a reason. I tend to reroot very thinly due to my reroot tool's needles being too thin to put huge plugs on, and when I would only do two rows of hair, the manes would be so thin, you could actually see the bald spot between the rows.  :shocked: So, I put an extra row in the middle to make it more normal, haha.

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »
I cant believe I got the shade of paint right on the first go!
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2013, 11:52:57 AM »
Whenever I receive a pony, I'm happy so long as it displays well. To specify, a small nick in the paint or a little cut, stuff like that, wouldn't really bother me. I'm sure my partner can tell at what point to consider it a lost cause. When it comes to the customs I make myself, I put out my absolute best. The standards I have for my own work are extremely high, higher than those of received ponies (they should probably be the same, I know, but I'm always tougher on myself).

For hairstyles, I'd love any sort of style! Hairstyles really give the pony personality, in my opinion, so go wild with it!

Modifications are fine with me. Honestly, I think I need to start widening the tail holes of my G4s...

Offline jwalraven

• Trade Count: (+59)
    • View Profile
    • Jwal's DeviantART
« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2013, 05:40:15 PM »
Styling and hole mods are good to me.

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2013, 06:00:06 PM »
I just love, love beautiful pony hair. If it's curly, straight, extra thick, wavy, whatever best suits the pony, I like it!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »

I agree. I put just as much if not more effort into swap ponies. It has nothing to do with money or getting paid, it has to do with making someone the best pony possible in any circumstance. Sorry, but that just makes me sad that there are people who think swap ponies aren't as important so it's fine for them to be lesser quality. Makes me wary to join swaps if that's how people think about them these days :\
sorry didn't mean to create controversy. it doesn't really matter.
i don't think my partner will slack off and create something awful. but i don't expect absolute perfection either. even hasbro can't do that. which ever pony i get i'm going to love it. so i'm not that particular. just excited to see which pony my partner chooses.

hair plugs- customizer's choice. if it fits the pony go for it!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #253 on: May 12, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
I'm really boring! I like it when they look like the official toys. You don't have to widen their tail holes or style their hair all fancy, and I'm fine with the hair in quartered segments if there're multiple colors. If you WANT to do something new or experiment, that's cool too! Just no pressure ^_^

As far as extras go, I'm not allergic to anything and there isn't really a candy in existence someone won't eat here. I even like black liquorice :P Stickers are fun too, and I like girly stuff like Disney Princesses/Fairies, Monster High, Mlp, monster trucks, Hello Kitty, rainbows and cats and hearts and stars!

CottonTALE

« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2013, 07:09:34 AM »
I'm really boring! I like it when they look like the official toys. You don't have to widen their tail holes or style their hair all fancy, and I'm fine with the hair in quartered segments if there're multiple colors. If you WANT to do something new or experiment, that's cool too! Just no pressure ^_^

I'm the same way :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal