collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do You Still Nose Around The Christmas Tree And Peek At The Presents? Admit It.  (Read 2077 times)

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
There are usually no surprises under my tree till my family arrives on Christmas day. But, I shake the presents on display at places! The car dealership had empty boxes but the bank had wrapped canned food.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Of course.  To me that's half the fun.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I nose around, also poke and shake on occasion.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
The dog and I were just checking out the gift situation. Yes, the dog and I. That's not weird, he likes gifts too.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that my mom can't shop online anymore. There is tons of stuff for me and I only asked for a couple PS3 games. I have no idea what everything else is.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
There are usually no surprises under my tree till my family arrives on Christmas day. But, I shake the presents on display at places! The car dealership had empty boxes but the bank had wrapped canned food.

So funny!

One Christmas, when I was 13 I waited til my family was gone doing who-knows-what and I got under my parents' bed and found my unwrapped 'boombox' (ha! 1990!!) I carefully upacked it and listened to it a bit and carefully put it back. Christmas morning was such so lacking in surprise (I acted surprised though) that I never have peeked again. I love surprises too :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
yes I do this as soon as we have a tree and I remember looking for boxes shaped like pony boxes as a kid.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
I poke and shake a bit when we put the presents under the tree on christmasmorning, I am to curious not to, but I don't do it much. As a kid we always went on present hunts when mom and dad was out and poked around when we found them, but mom was soo good at wrapping them up so we could never guess what was in them. I did a rightful guessing one year based on the size and shape of the box and it spoiled the surprise when I opened it up, so I'm not too serious when I poke around nowadays. Just a little shake and poke and that's all.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I would still do this if it were an option, but it isn't. This year our tree isn't even up due to space issues. My husband and I cannot keep surprises under wraps at all, we get way too excited about giving the other something, so we don't buy presents to wrap. Not to mention we share a bank account, so it would be so hard to keep it a secret.

Every year, hubbs gets me whatever I ask for and I get him whatever he asks for. This year he paid my first layaway payment on a BJD for me and bought me Rarity when we randomly (and unexpectedly) found her at Target. I'm buying him a case of the new set of Magic the Gathering cards that are being released in February, so he has another month and a half before he gets his gift.

It just isn't feasible for us, bit sometimes I wish it were. I got my Christmas joy from the dolly swap. I was squealing like a schoolgirl when a box full of wrapped goodies came to my door. I also got to re-experience the joy of making someone else's holiday exciting and cheerful. It's as close as I've gotten and it was just as good as the "real thing".

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
All I do is give the pile a curious glance at my in-laws' house and I'm always some distance from the presents when I do that.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Nope, but I was never a bad person about peaking. I did as a child want to shake my gifts, but I haven't done that in ages. I actually usually never ask for anything in the first place anymore. My mom and wife have to like ask me for months what I want, and I'll eventually come up with something. I dunno I love Christmas, and I love giving gifts...but I'm not so big on receiving.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I STILL do it :)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
I never peeked, but I DID look at the nametags on the presents. I...totally did this last year. DX

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
I did once when I was little. My mom used to hide the gifts in a walk-in closet in our upstairs. I peeked and got in sooo much trouble it wasn't funny.  I was like how in the world did she know???  Here she had placed a piece of scotch tape on the top of the door, so when I opened it, the tape snapped. Of course it was clear so I had no idea it was there. Clever mom  :lol: 

So needless to say I do not do it anymore, even though I have not lived at home in 20 years. I am so afraid of some sort of booby trap.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
I don't, but I know what everyone is getting, cause I wrapped it. My mum is guilty of not just finding / feeling her presents, but actually taking the tape off if possible and peeking inside to see if she can see what it is. I got her a beauty last year though, and she hasn't done it this year, I wrapped up a gift in "pass the parcel" style, with like 100 layers of paper, and an odd treat here & there throughout the layers (like a notebook or lip gloss or something). It taught her the lesson of "no peeking" though lol.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
I did a bit as a kid - my parents even said, "you know where the gifts are, if you really want to spoil the surprise". I know I peaked a bit one year, after that I didn't really want to. But I would wake up in the middle of the night and peak around at my stocking. :)

Hubby and I can't keep secrets from each other, so we don't bother now. We just each pick something we want and buy it together.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal