collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have a Christmas tree in your home?

Yes, more than one.
85 (22.9%)
Yes, just the one.
215 (58%)
No, not this year.
49 (13.2%)
No, and I never have.
13 (3.5%)
No, but I don't celebrate Christmas.
9 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree  (Read 4131 times)

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2012, 10:31:28 PM »
Here's an idea for anyone who likes real trees but doesn't like the idea of one being chopped down - this is what my parents do:  they have a potted Douglas fir.  As it's in a pot, it doesn't get too big (it's about 1.7 metres).  Every Christmas, they bring the pot inside and decorate the tree.  After Christmas, the decorations are removed and it goes back outside as a regular pot plant. 

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2012, 10:41:26 PM »
Anybody else see the Obsession show on TLC about the lady with over 100 Christmas Trees in her house?

I dunno, was it the lady who even had a tree in her bathtub and threw a Christmas party where people would come to her house and see her trees? And she had a daughter who had the same exact haircut as her? :P

Yep! That's the one!

Post Merge: December 15, 2012, 10:42:46 PM

Here's an idea for anyone who likes real trees but doesn't like the idea of one being chopped down - this is what my parents do:  they have a potted Douglas fir.  As it's in a pot, it doesn't get too big (it's about 1.7 metres).  Every Christmas, they bring the pot inside and decorate the tree.  After Christmas, the decorations are removed and it goes back outside as a regular pot plant.

I have a friend that does something similar, but every year they donate the tree to Habitat for Humanity or something so that less fortunate families can have nice greenery.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
Anybody else see the Obsession show on TLC about the lady with over 100 Christmas Trees in her house?

I dunno, was it the lady who even had a tree in her bathtub and threw a Christmas party where people would come to her house and see her trees? And she had a daughter who had the same exact haircut as her? :P

Yep! That's the one!

Ahaha! I thought her collection was a little over the top... I think with most collections (cars and other such large items excluded of course) once they exceed one room and begin to migrate to other parts of your house, that's when you know it's getting a little too far. I don't know how she can live with her whole house covered in Christmas trees, I personally think that's way too much and I could never live like that! But to each their own, I suppose... I feel kinda bad for her husband, though :P
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »
Fake - less fire danger and no needles to fall off
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
No, not this year. I want to buy a cute little tree. Im going to buy it after christmas, so itll be cheaper. ;)

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »
My tree, cause, this thread about trees seems to be lacking in trees :P

Its actually pink not purple decorations, but poor lighting makes it look purple.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2012, 12:33:23 AM »
I gave mine away last year, I moved places and the new one is smaller and no space for a tree inside and I did not see a point to even decorate the house because my front yard is all fenced up very high, I live in a central part of town and across the street there are restaurants and lots of traffic on the narrow street as is an old neighborhood and there is an Audi dealership on the next block, so tall privacy fences are the norm for the homes here ,So no one would have seen my decorations either way.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
My mom just got into town for the holidays, so we're going to be putting up our tree tomorrow! I love decorating our tree, each ornament has meaning in one way shape or form... and our tree itself is a fake tree that we've had my entire life since childhood. Every time I take it out of the box I think to myself, "Man this tree is getting old and looks kinda crappy"... but then we put it up and it looks wonderful :D I still want to get a tiny pink tree so I can put pony ornaments on it in my pony room, but spending money on that would leave me less money to spend on ponies...  :silly:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »
I have one tree in my living room.  Its a 6ft artificial tree and I have had it for about 6-7 years.  Its awesome.  :biggrin:  It is really heavy because the branches and trunk are made from metal, with the "needles" wrapped all around, but it looks very real, pine cones on it and a snowy spray effect.  I have it decorated in traditional red and gold with one pink star ornament, which is a cancer awareness charity ornament, a handful of clear snow flakes and drops and a cute wooden children's toy ornament selection (in white, red, gold and green). There are also a selection of "cat alert" bells dotted in strategic positions so I know when the little pest is messing about in the tree  :biggrin:

I prefer artificial to real, less mess and hassle, and probably better for the kitty!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 02:37:06 AM »
Of course! Christmas without a tree is unthinkable. We put it up 1 day before Christmas Eve and decorate it Christmas Eve morning. Usually we take it down January 10-15th.

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 03:27:32 AM »
We are putting one up soon. We only have fake trees but we bought Christmas Tree candles so we get the smell c:

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2012, 04:32:15 AM »
We're visiting family for a couple weeks over Christmas, so we're not putting up a tree this year. It would just get knocked down by the cats while we were out, and then our cat-sitter would have all the stress of finding the wreckage...

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2012, 05:53:44 AM »
Just one artificial tree here. It's easier to maintain, no trimming and can be put indoors for when temps are too cold outside.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2012, 06:48:13 AM »
We have a real tree every year which we decorate at Christmas Eve and stays usually until the January 6th (or the next weekend after it). I've seen some people keep the trees almost until the Easter :shocked: (old Catholic tradition). I would like to try artificial or smaller tree in a pot for ecological reasons, though

Offline murbella64

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I don't train monkeys, I make 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Both the husband and I have worked in the belly of the beast that is Walmart and we can't get into the spirit this year.  After my recent medical stuff, we're short a bit of cash and just trying to make the bills.  We're going to his parents for dinner that day, but I just don't have it in me to put up the tree.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal