collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39919 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #840 on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »
I called my Target and they said they had the dolls so I went in since I'm only a 5 minute drive from there. When I got to the MH aisle, I was really excited to see them because I like seeing new dolls on shelves until a scalper pushed me out of the way and grabbed them. Perfect timing, right? :mad: There was only one case from what I could tell. There were 3 Spectras and 3 Clawdeens. The shelf was a mess so I was doing some digging before the scalper came along. Looks like Frankie and Toralei will either be in their own case or will be put in that case later on.

You let me go shopping with you next time. No one is going to push me out of the way, that is just rude and uncalled for.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 02, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »
I called my Target and they said they had the dolls so I went in since I'm only a 5 minute drive from there. When I got to the MH aisle, I was really excited to see them because I like seeing new dolls on shelves until a scalper pushed me out of the way and grabbed them. Perfect timing, right? :mad: There was only one case from what I could tell. There were 3 Spectras and 3 Clawdeens. The shelf was a mess so I was doing some digging before the scalper came along. Looks like Frankie and Toralei will either be in their own case or will be put in that case later on.

You let me go shopping with you next time. No one is going to push me out of the way, that is just rude and uncalled for.

I have never been face to face with a scalper before and I was just so shocked that I couldn't even respond! I was really mad! :mad: You are more than welcome to come shopping with me! I was so embarassed. :cry:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Kuroel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #842 on: January 02, 2013, 01:47:59 PM »
The doll situation here in Finland is really bad. :/ We don't get half the releases you yankees do and dolls can cost around 50~ bucks.

That's mainly why I order my stuff abroad. Even with ridculously high postages, it's still a helluva lot cheaper.

And yeah, I'm going to raid my local toy store tomorrow since they get a new batch of dolls. Even though lately in other stores, all I've seen is Ghoulia. Ghoulia, Ghoulia, Ghoulia, a random Robecca there, and Ghoulia.

All the other dolls are out of stock all the frelling time. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do the next time I see the MH shelves full of SH Ghoulia.

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 02, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »

I have never been face to face with a scalper before and I was just so shocked that I couldn't even respond! I was really mad! :mad: You are more than welcome to come shopping with me! I was so embarassed. :cry:

I can't believe they did that to you! >_<

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:49 PM »
Two new Characters are coming.

Gigi the Genie and Twyla, daughter of the boogie man.
Twyla is the size of Howleen and Gigi looks tall like Nefera but hard to say from a picture. Feel free to ask any questions about them. I have seen them so they are real.

Ohh, I hope you are right and Gigi will have Nefera's body type. I didn't want to get Nef, but I'd love to have a taller girl. Same goes for Twyla. I don't collect Howleen (yet).
Also, major fangirling right here! I do love me some spooky monsters! I do hope, though, that Gigi is more like a real Dschinn (a.k.a. a GHOST) and not just a normal-lookng girl dressed in oriental attire (like Cleo, ahem).

Can you describe their colors/style/outfits a bit, Ray? :)

Then they have a Cleo with Beach set and Spectra with a vanity type thing that closes. Maybe what the inside of the genie bottle looks like?

More Cleo and Spectra? Awesome!
Is it really a beach, though? Maybe that's wishful thinking, but it would be cool if it was a desert with oase. Would fit Cleo's theme and the 13 Wishes thingie.

Then there is a Draculaura vanity.

What. Doesn't she already have one?
Wait until the end of 2013 and Lala will have an entire house full of furniture and cars.
I thought Cleo was the spoiled one ;)

Also shown is Ghouls Night out dolls.

Outfit details, please! So looking forward to them!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #845 on: January 02, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »
Can you describe their colors/style/outfits a bit, Ray? :)
From the comments on the Facebook post:

Twyla is the size of Howleen with pastel green hair with blue in it. Her face skin color is light blue but reminds me of the sea monster. Her body color is white and she has grey hands. She has some designs on her lower that is grey legs. Cant tell is socks or actually on her legs. She is wearing a blue black and purple dress and shoes look blue sneaker heels with white laces. The bottom of the shoes are black. She comes with a bunny that looks pastel purple with one button eye. Missing left eye. She has a pastel green bracelet that matches her hair and a blue purse with the pastel green on it.

Gigi Genie has a tall pink pony tail sticking up. Looks to be some yellow in it as well. It has three rubber bands to hold it up. She is wearing pink genie shoes that are heels with gold straps. Her top is Blue and pink with pants that start at the below her boobs and go to her knees. They are black genie look with gold designs in it. (Sorry hard to describe that.) She has a gold braclet on each arm and holding a genie lamp purse It looks a bit differen then a normal lamp. Her pet is purple and looks like a puff of smoke. Not sure what it is. lol

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 02, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »
Thank you so much, Puku! :hug:
I already crave Twyla.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #847 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
OMGOMGOMG

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 02, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
So many new dolls in one day :faint:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 02, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
I definitely need Gigi. Not sure about Twyla yet, but I must have Cleo and Lagoona. I'll wait to see pictures for Rochelle and Spectra.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 02, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
I'm slowly going broke from these dang dolls!  Guess what I found today?

Not sure if this is new, but it's the first time I've ever seen RM Abbey.  She is gorgeous!!!  Her hair has a green shimmer on the top.  When I take her out of the box, I'll take better pictures:)

Plus......*dies a the thought of Gigi*!!!  Not to mention Twyla:). Hooray for new ghouls!  This is an exciting day.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #851 on: January 02, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
I like the sound of both Twyla and Gigi. Will have to wait and see what they actually look like, though.

They need to release more boy dolls, though! Come on Mattel! Bring on the boys!!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #852 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
Yeay!! Howleen is getting a friend!

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 02, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »
It sounds like it's from Mattel's annual press release to clients, so I bet it's only a matter of time before images get leaked. Right now big customers are deciding what to put in their spring line up, so it's a busy time for all of us that produce goods.

I'm very interested to see Twyla and Gigi, their descriptions sound cool.

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #854 on: January 02, 2013, 02:46:09 PM »
They need to release more boy dolls, though! Come on Mattel! Bring on the boys!!

I knooowww I was hoping one of the new dolls would have been a boy!

I am excited for the new ones though! Since they have pets it sounds like a sig doll! Yay! Mostly limiting myself to one doll each I only go for signatures ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal