collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39888 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »
I never have any luck with ebay monster high lots.
One time I guess me and my dad were bidding against each other....

I found a dance class Howleen late last night.  She was the only doll left on the shelf, and I've never seen her before.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2012, 11:00:41 AM »
Ok, so I went out of town this weekend to do some christmas shopping. So I wasn't really after MH so we didn't go to many stores that carried them but if I happened to see something I really wanted I was going try and get it.

Big Lots - squat on MH. NADA
Wal-Mart -
this Wal-Mart is twice as big as ours, but the monster high section was TINY. They had some picture day dolls, so I was able to see Abbey, Draculaura and Spectra and decide (alas) that I need them all. I was rather shocked to know our walmart had gotten in scaris dolls (though they were boxed up and I didn't get to see who was in it because we were in a hurry and there was no associate nearby) at my wal-mart but not this one.

so other than getting my sister a coffin bean for Christmas, I'm like 0-Infinity for MH in stores lately.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »
I noticed that when I went to two walmarts last night, the MH section is like, non-existent. What gives?! You'd think Mattel would be pumping out as many dolls as possible for the holidays and all I see lately are bare shelves being encroached upon by bratzillaz...

TRU, on the other hand, is just chock full of things at ridiculous prices >_> Granted this week they have bogo so I may stop by anyways.

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
Could just be the demand. One day I went to Walmart, and they actually had all the Scaris girls besides Skelita, plus lots of DDG, Ghouls Rule, various sets. I bought Jinafire. I wavered on Rochelle. When I went back to get her the next day, there were no Scaris, half the DDG and Ghouls Rule from the previous day.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
It's not just empty shelves though, there aren't any shelves to even put stuff on if they had it. There's space for MAYBE ten dolls at most because they've relegated it down to half of one shelf for all the dolls. Even the pony section is bigger D:

Melissa

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »
Ah I gotcha. That's actually how my local Walmart is. One shelving unit, which goes from overflowing to empty in a couple of days. In mine, the pony section is the same size, though... Basically, for a town with a LOT of families with kids (and, not to stereotype but a decent-sized LDS population), the toy section is so small!

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:45 PM »
The walmart I work at has 2 sections, yanno the shelf unit is only like 3 feet long before another shelf is there- so there are 2 shelving units side by side. One section has clothing (the dress up stuff) below it is the Dot Dead Gorgeous 3-pack set, and make up next to that. Then below is the school playset and car. Second section has the RM, CAM Lab, below is GR mixed with PD and DDG and Scaris (sometimes I see Scaris- only have seen Clawdeen, Janifire and Rochelle), and then more GR below, apparently Abbey is the shelf warmer at my store. Another spot of Lala's car, and the bath tub, coffin bean and CAM packs (right now its just the orange cat thing) and the bottom shelf has more Coffin Bean.
I walk by the section every day I am at work to see if there's something I need to shove under my register until I am able to buy it. I've rarely seen fashion packs, Deuce's casketball suit hung around for almost 4 months before it vanished.

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »
Woops, forgot to post the bag I was talking about earlier!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Melissa

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
I am so annoyed... Today just isn't my day. I went to Walmart to see if they had any new MH in, and they didn't, but I had some other shopping to do, so I wandered around, got what I needed, went to the self-check out. I scan my first item and it gives me some error like "Need store verification"... The woman working totally ignored me so I said "F*** this" and left.

Went to Target, because I had a prescription to pick up anyway. Decided to stop by the toy aisle. At first I just saw the DDGs and Skull Shores 5-pack and then I saw Picture Day Abbey! I already have an Abbey and I am trying to be good (plus I don't like Abbey with bangs), so I looked behind her and they had a PD Spectra!! I was so happy.

I got home and the bag with Spectra in it was dripping! The girl at Target had put her in with a bottle of Febreeze that apparently had a loose top. Luckily, there was just a tiny bit of seepage onto the box, and a tiny bit on the fearbook (the stickers seem okay though). The Christmas card I bought for my BFF was ruined but I figured that was a lot better than ruining Spectra.

Well, turns out, Spectra was already kinda ruined. When I was getting her out, I noticed some hairs sticking up on top of her head. Annoying but not too noticeable. You might not even be able to tell in the picture...
Spoiler
[img2]http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg509/flibbyflib/IMG_0038.jpg[/img2]

Well then I turned her over. Her hair is so choppy and it's falling out in some places. Until today, I've been lucky enough to find very good quality dolls. I'm so upset. You can't even see ALL of the choppy layers in the picture, but you can get an idea.
Spoiler
[img2]http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg509/flibbyflib/IMG_0039.jpg[/img2]

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2012, 03:04:05 PM »
All 3 of my Spectras have choppy hair. I just figured that's how they made her! lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

YellowCat

« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2012, 03:06:04 PM »
I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but Meijer's has the slim box Scaris dolls.  I was surprised because they never seem to get anything new until all the old stock is sold out and my Meijer's is notorious for having the same old dolls in stock for months.  We still have loads of first issue Sweet 1600 and a bunch of SS Lala and Ghoulia.

Checked my WalMart and as usual they have nothing new- dress up clothes, Lab CAMs, DDG three pack, Deuce fashion packs- which needs to go on clearance because it's obvious no one wants them.  I think my WalMart never gets new fashion pack because they have a crap ton of the Deuce ones.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »
All 3 of my Spectras have choppy hair. I just figured that's how they made her! lol

Yep, same here. I have all the different versions of Spectra except for Ghouls Alive and they all have choppy hair. It's how Mattel does layers, apparently because I have a Barbie with straight hair and it's just as choppy in the back. My GB Frankie also has choppy hair.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:14:39 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »
My PD Spectra also has the same hair. After a good brushing I trimmed the scraggly bits. Figured that's just the way she was.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »
I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but Meijer's has the slim box Scaris dolls.  I was surprised because they never seem to get anything new until all the old stock is sold out and my Meijer's is notorious for having the same old dolls in stock for months.  We still have loads of first issue Sweet 1600 and a bunch of SS Lala and Ghoulia.

Checked my WalMart and as usual they have nothing new- dress up clothes, Lab CAMs, DDG three pack, Deuce fashion packs- which needs to go on clearance because it's obvious no one wants them.  I think my WalMart never gets new fashion pack because they have a crap ton of the Deuce ones.

You mean the casketball uniform? I'd love to get that fashion pack just for the shoes. How much is it there?

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
I found Jinafire today at my Wal Mart. I didn't really have the money for her so my dad bought her for me!! She is stunning!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal