collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon thread!  (Read 2798 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Pokemon thread!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
I have loved Pokemon since I got Yellow back in sixth grade.

My favorite Pokemon are the Eeveelutions! Especially Umbreon, Vaporeon, and Espeon.

Have you guys heard of EV training and breeding for IVs and natures? All this complexity in the current generations kind of overwhelms me. I've EV trained some but I don't have the patience to chain breed for perfect IVs. Anyone else kind of sad to see it get this hard to play online competitively?  I guess I am kind of lazy when it comes to games and I hate when math is involved.

I am TRYING to play White but I am not enjoying it as much. I have a copy of White 2 waiting to be played. I won't let myself touch it until I am done with White, however. I am just not enjoying this gen as much.
you may want to switch to 2. it's alot more fun in my mind. and the eevees are awesome. i have fanart of them as my desktop at work. I've done some of the iv breeding, but i'm more of a egg move type, and i'm still trying to breed a shiny lillipup myself.

so if anyone wants some impressive lillpups with 3 elemental fang, and dark egg moves let me know. i've got buckets of them.

Huge Pokemon fan here.. but I don't have the newest games and haven't even finished White 1. I spent a lot of time in SS and am now playing HG. Between them I constantly was playing LG and Platinum. I also collect Pokemon merch.

I'm a hardcore fan but stay away from the fandom because the fans hate on anyone who doesn't like the most popular Pokemon. >.< Sorry I like Clefairy lol.

Anyway, great to see some Pokemon love here.

How is B/W2? I haven't been following Serebi as much as of late. Been fiddling in HG as I said but I will eventually get the new games.

Any major updates from the first B/W?
i never played gen4 myself. was working in japan and didn't have time. the irony in that.
i love all the events so i bought my b/w2 the day it came out, but i'm still working on it. i have 7 copies of b/w. only 2 i haven't finished.
i do really like b/w2 but i've been focusing on the dw stuff. easy pokes and tons of berries.
eventually i want to go back and play gold. worth it?

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
I've been playing since the beginning, trading with my brother for the Blue version exclusives and all that.  I took a break a couple of times, right after Yellow, then the merchandising just made me want to forget Pokemon ever existed and then again after Ruby/Sapphire when I got into other games, but by now I'm back in and finishing up Black 2 - which basically means leveling and taking on a few of the optional super-trainers and such.

Favorite Pokemon?  I'm drawn to humanoid sorts and tend to favor dark types when it comes to building my team, but the absolute top is a three-way tie between Lopunny, Lucario and Zoroark.  I'm especially proud of my line of female Lucarios, which I worked hard to acquire.

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »
I've been playing since the beginning, trading with my brother for the Blue version exclusives and all that.  I took a break a couple of times, right after Yellow, then the merchandising just made me want to forget Pokemon ever existed and then again after Ruby/Sapphire when I got into other games, but by now I'm back in and finishing up Black 2 - which basically means leveling and taking on a few of the optional super-trainers and such.

Favorite Pokemon?  I'm drawn to humanoid sorts and tend to favor dark types when it comes to building my team, but the absolute top is a three-way tie between Lopunny, Lucario and Zoroark.  I'm especially proud of my line of female Lucarios, which I worked hard to acquire.

I can't beat the subway bosses! Have you?
Everyone does such unique things in Pokemon. I love hearing about what people's goals and accomplishments are :)

Offline Echo_Shell

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
Haven't done much in the subway.  I played in that in-game tournament for a while, but the rewards weren't worth the effort.  No, it's EXP I need! 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »
I heard you need to play the first B/W games in order to get enjoyment out of B/W2. Is this necessary? I mayjust go ahead and try White 2 in that case and just shelve White.
One thing that I heard about B/W2 is that you get Pokemon from older generations right from the start of the game. That appeals to me cuz I don't care so much for the current gen. They really ran out of ideas.....trash bags and ice cream cone Pokemon? LOL
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline timpertie

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 03:16:46 AM »
I heard you need to play the first B/W games in order to get enjoyment out of B/W2. Is this necessary? I mayjust go ahead and try White 2 in that case and just shelve White.
One thing that I heard about B/W2 is that you get Pokemon from older generations right from the start of the game. That appeals to me cuz I don't care so much for the current gen. They really ran out of ideas.....trash bags and ice cream cone Pokemon? LOL

I haven't yet played B/W2 (just finished wrapping as my Christmas present :D ) but I have Black. I have been playing since RGBY and I actually found Black to be quite refreshing to play. One of the main reasons for that I think was the lack of previous gen Pokemon. I couldn't just pick the ones I usually play with - I had to use the new gen and I discovered I quite liked some of them! Like Mienfoo and Archen.

I really enjoy breeding for IVs and egg moves and am especially proud of my SS team which I bred specifically to play through the game with. My Jolteon on that team is one of my favourites (Female bred with specific hidden power, good nature and 31 IVs in speed). I am trying to breed a good team for the Battle Subway at the moment, although that may take the backseat after Christmas!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 09:11:00 AM »
well b/w2 takes place 2 years after b/w, which is one of the things that makes gen5 so different. one thing that is kinda cool. if you finish white, you can actually link your game to white 2 (if you have two ds) and it will reference the first game and your original character. (for those that always have the same trainer name, this is a good time to try something a little different) and you can catch n's pokemon. cuz he always released them after every battle. (you meet pokes and the trainer name will be n, not your own) but this only works if you finished white and link it to white 2. some of the pokes are really... um interesting. if there is a particular pokemon you always play with from the past gens i can breed one for you, so you can still use it now.
that is one thing that stinks, you can't find any previous gen till after you "finish" the game. it does have it's benefits of waiting and finishing the first one, but if you really don't like it. you can always start 2, catch the ones you like. trade them to white. and restart white 2 after you finish white.

personally b/w is my favorite so far. i own alot of copies of it. and just keep playing it. not really the type to restart my games, so if i want to play again i buy another one. XP oops. but they're not all in english so there are still some challenges. anyway. let me know about the breeding. i got lots of egg move pokes and i can breed in jpn or french too. hope this helps.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
I have been playing on and off since it came out.

Favorite Pokémon is Togepi. I collect Togepi, Pichu, Dratini/Dragonair, Numel and whatever else I find that I want. I have been out of actively collecting since before Gen 6 hit, though I do have a very small Tepig collection along with some other Gen 6 stuff. My favorite Gen 6 Pokémon is Archen.

That appeals to me cuz I don't care so much for the current gen. They really ran out of ideas.....trash bags and ice cream cone Pokemon? LOL

Grimer/Muk was there in Generation One. And they're nothing but piles of sludge.

How about Koffing/Weezing? Also Pokémon introduced in Generation One. We don't even know what he is, he's just a miniature asteroid that spews poison gas.

Voltorb/Electrode. Generation One. SENTIENT POKEBALLS.

Exeggcute. Seriously, wtf? Generation One. Cluster of eggs, some of them broken.

Tangela. Generation One. Nintendo's attempt at a tentacle monster.

Mr. Mime. Generation One. The most terrifying Pokémon to ever walk the planet! HE IS A CREEPY MIME/CLOWN!

Jynx, very similar to Mr. Mime. Straight-up creepy and apparently racist. It's composed of a dress, blonde hair and eyes.

I could keep going, but this list would get way too long. They try to keep diversity in each generation, sometimes that means pulling ideas out of your rears. However, their creative capacity doesn't seem to have gone anywhere.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
  Yurusumaji, I highly approve of your points. I get so annoyed at people who hate on the new designs but totally ignore how stupid the older ones looked, claiming anything they grew up with to be ingeniously designed. As much as I love all Pokémon, there are certainly some that are lacking in creativity. Think of how many pokémon in Gen 1 were pink blobs with faces: Clefairy and Clefable, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, Chansey, Ditto. Of course, I might be biased because I like sharper pokémon better. But at least vary the color a bit! And Weezing is hideous and honestly kind of creeps me out. Although I must admit, as I get off my soapbox, that I really dislike the literal pile of garbage Garbodor.

I'm playing White 2, have beaten the league! Now I'm spending a lot of time in the White Treehollow. (I want to get that shiny dragon before I do the post-league activities!)
  Favorites? There are lots I love, but I guess if I could only pick one, it'd be Grovyle. The whole Treeko family is just a cool set of species. For a long time Jolteon was my favorite. In the fourth grade I looked over my shoulder at Timmy's Ultimate Pokémon handbook and saw her. Instantly got into Pokémon. :) A few others I love are Scyther, Quagsire, and Bellsprout. But I ALWAYS teach Bellsprout "flash" and name it Lampy. It's practically a rule in my head now.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:50:24 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »
Just wanted to add to this, although it is an older thread, I've gotten back into pokemon recently, and I've fallen badly. I'm sure it's just a phase like MH was, but my gosh, I've been bitten by the Poke bug and they're just as awesome to me as they were when I was a child. As a child, I had pokemon silver and sapphire. Very sadly, I put all my games in a bag once, and they later went missing. We reckon they were accidentally binned, but since, I found Pokemon Gold with a Gameboy Advance, and lots of other extras for £1. It needs a new battery, so I can easily fix it's problems so it'll save again. I'm after Sapphire and Silver if anyone wants to trade for Ponies. I've got lots to offer! I collect pretty much any figure that I like the look of. I am a MASSIVE Raikou, Suicune and Entei fan. My favourite of the three was initially Suicune, (I still have my Neo Revolutions Suicune Card!) and she was my favourite, but Raikou and Entei are my favourites now (I have my Neo Revolutions Raikou card from childhood still too!) I don't collect the cards, but I like the 4 I have. I love Vaporeon too. She was my absolute number one favourite as a child, and I reckon she still is.
:)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:50 AM »
darumaka4life

Actually, you might like this:

I got MySweetQueen@deviantart to do me my favourites of Black and White as ponies!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 05:58:11 AM »
My fave is Luxray. (Who would have guessed? :P)
I keep telling myself to buy black or white 2. Is it worth the money?

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 06:47:41 AM »
I love Pokémon and have since I was about 7 years old. I've played all the games in the main series and are looking forward to X and Y.

One of the most nostaligic tunes ever for me:

:heart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irDAN5piJME
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 05:42:38 PM »
i just gotmy pokemon white 2 today!

fairwind

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
I love Pokemon! I'm a bit behind on White 2, since I was in a production of Macbeth when it came out and never really got a chance to finish...at least I beat the eight gyms!

I really love the storyline of White and White 2. It's a little bit darker than the previous gens, and it has so many facets to its mythology.

My favourite Pokemon will always be Dragonair. It's so elegant! And I love the Eeveelutions, though I have to say that I'm not really a fan of Sylveon just yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal