collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: insect-wingded ponies ....  (Read 753 times)

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
insect-wingded ponies ....
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »
Butterfly and firefly wings of   g1 ponies,  are so  delicate, light  and elegant  ^.^ They look like real !
It seems G2 wings is Ok to.Especially fairy-type, like Twinkle Star have.
Incect ponies is so fun idea ! But wings  of other ponies I don`t really like  :huh: G3 and G4 have heavy,  thick plastic, rough buttefly wings. What do you think ?

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: insect-wingded ponies ....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:08:28 AM »
I love the iridescent wings on flutter ponies, but they look so delicate and easy to break. The wings on later gen ponies are thicker and can take a little more abuse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NorthernFlower

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 04:41:26 AM »
Well, yes, ponies  are made for  children playing  first ...

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:39:47 AM »
I love the iridescent wings on flutter ponies, but they look so delicate and easy to break. The wings on later gen ponies are thicker and can take a little more abuse.
But are still breakable of course. I'm not sure how much abuse the G4 wings can take... maybe I should give Glimmerwing Rarity a test run xD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:48:12 AM »
I love the Windy and Summer wing ponies wings - they are so pretty!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:15 AM »
Oh, Summer and Windy wing ponies are the best!  I have a *few* of them ;)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
Oh, I love wingers and flutters too!  I remember how heartbroken I felt when I broke one of my childhood flutter's wings... :cry:  And I was in my teens by then, so they weren't being roughly treated, just brushed and contemplated - I'll bet that under standard child play, they might have lasted an afternoon (if that!).  I'm wondering how many letters of complaint about the fragility of flutter wings Hasbro might have fielded back in the day...?  The wingers look like they would have fared a little better...

The G3 Breezies have that sort of insectile/faerie thing going on, too, with their antennae and little butterfly-esque wings.  I like how they're made of that kind of meshy fabric with irridescent overlay.  I just got my first Breezie in a thrift shop not too long ago, and while her antennae were long gone, her wings are still in pretty good nick.

The G4 Glimmerwings are pretty, but yeah, the plastic is kind of, um, heavy-duty feeling.  I guess Hasbro has had to fiddle around with durability versus aesthetics.  They look lovely, though, and if ever I see a Glimmerwing Fluttershy round my neck of the woods, she's coming home with me. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
I have the first set of gen 1 wingers complete I love them dearly ! I also think the breezes are way cute too.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 09:11:52 AM »
I don't like the G4 Glimmerwings or the G3 . . . whatever those two ponies were called with the huge plastic wings.

Sure, flutter pony wings broke if you looked at them funny, but Summerwing / Windy Wing wings are incredibly resilient and look so delicate and lovely.  They should've made them like that.

The wings of the G3s / G4s are TOO BIG too, IMO.  They just don't look right.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »
The butterfly wingers were the best of both worlds; delicate looking without being exceptionally fragile.  You certainly can destroy them if you try hard enough, but they hold up very well under standard wear and tear.  Case in point how many have survived thirty years relatively intact, when contrasted against flutters.

I don't care for the G4 style wings because they're so large and top heavy looking.  We'll see how well they stand up over the next decade or so.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
I have a full set of Flutter ponies but only one set of wings! X3 They take turns wearing them and mostly behave. At the moment, Lily's got them. I'm especially drawn to them because the one childhood pony I remember having was Wind Drifter. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 05:10:11 PM »
I love the G1 wingers!

I'm getting used to the g4 wing on the glimmer wings I do like the color and patterns on them

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
The butterfly wingers were the best of both worlds; delicate looking without being exceptionally fragile.  You certainly can destroy them if you try hard enough, but they hold up very well under standard wear and tear.  Case in point how many have survived thirty years relatively intact, when contrasted against flutters.

It depends on what kind of kid you were. I never tried to break any of my ponies. My sister and I LOVED all of our ponies, but the wings on our summer/windy wing ponies all eventually broke and fell off. I think they probably lasted around year. We were 5 and 6 years old, though. Our ponies went on adventures with us in the bathtub, on the playground, etc.  :lol: I remember having the broken wings and sticking the broken off tab back into the slots on their backs. Eventually we lost the wings, but I remember we had one for my sister's Little Flitter so we traced it and tried to make "Replacement wings" out of construction paper. Then we glued buttons on them for decoration. I don't think they worked very well though. The paper wasn't stiff enough.

If I had gotten some when I was a few years older their wings probably would have survived. I only had one, Sunglider, and she was my favorite pony. If I had gotten another one later I would have known by experience to be careful to never bend the wings.

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
Summer wings are the best. My Lady Flutters wings have not broken, just a bit wrinkly at the bottom from.. umm... being well loved c:
My breezies are in good condition insect-add-ons-wise c: there wings are still intact, so are there antennae, but they have horrible hair and dismatch. one of my breezies has a grey-lilac body and a pale grey head o.O

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
At that rate, sounds like a flutter would have lasted about ten seconds in your house, Iceglider.
I had two Summer Wings as a kid, neither one lost a wing despite being well played with and I used to put my fingers on the wings and flap them up and down.  I did not however take them outside or into the bathtub - bath chemicals may well have contributed to the breakdown, I know it did a horrible number on the two baby sea ponies I had.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal