collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair?  (Read 2216 times)

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hair?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 02:47:10 AM »
I have always used the hair straightners, wet hair soaked in conditioner method for the sunshine ponies and never had an issue with it and they look a thousand times better from it, nor managed to give myself an electric shock or ever melted the hair on a pony, just take small sections of hair at a time and run the straightners over each piece quickly/tightly and condition/wet repeat till each section is unfuzzed.

Or just give them a very nice wash and condition and then  give them a loose curl to finish with a hair rollers, as ponies with originally wavy hair has a naturally fluffier texture than straight haired ponies, and the fuzziness makes the curls stay in better/longer, thats my opinion anyways :)

see my facebook link, for my ponies hairstlyes if that helps

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 03:19:14 AM »
my tip (that i use all the time, dunno bout others) is i hold the conditioner slathered pony in my non preferred (left) hand, so the neck is between my thumb and first finger, and the hair is over my hand and up my arm. i use a fine tooth comb, and start at the ends of the hair, not the head end, and slowly, about a cm at a time, work the knots out, till i can run the comb thru from head to ends. i never pull or force the comb, as that causes the hair to frizz more imo. this has worked really well for me, the only downside is the torn up arm you get afterwards, and super long hairs take forever!!! i just recently did the giant size g3 rarity, i'll be putting before and afters up soon, it got to the point where i wish i hadn't started lol!! my poor arm right up to my elbow was red raw  :cry:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »
You can fix thermal hair, the results just won't be as nice as on regular hair.  :)  None of the thermal hair I've straightened has worked though, so I'm not sure if straightening it would damage the color-change ability. 

I wash the pony normally, then slather the hair in really good conditioner.  I section out very small bits of it and start near the body and work my way down with a straightener, curling the end as I go (just pulling the iron straight down will give you a perfectly straight end that does not take a curl well if wrapped around a leg or neck).  I may comb the section with a very fine-tooth comb and then re-straighten, depending on how well the first pass worked.  It may take multiple passes and multiple sessions over time.  Then just rinse the conditioner out when you're done, wrap the hair as you want it to look when it's done and leave the pony alone until the hair dries. 

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Skeen has explained it perfectly :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »
Thanks so much for the help! Earlier this morning, I boiled some water in a pot and dipped Beachball's mane a few times and it defrizzed it quite a bit. I read about it on a website and decided to try it out. It seems the white hair likes to be super frizzy. I'm looking at my Waverunner and the white hair is super frizzy, but the green is pretty straight.

I'll try the straightener method. I have a thin straightener I can use. I should put it on the lowest heat setting, right?
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal