collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll clothing self-challenge: Clothing Storage (pg. 21)  (Read 15715 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Doll clothing self-challenge: Challenge 2- Stockings
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »
Well done Cherry!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »
Well done Cherry!
+1, I love how they match her top!

today I bought some oil, and I oiled everything as the manual suggested. I tried the machine out, and it seems to work (it has some faults though, but well, it's 32 years old and has been used by mom all the time. I guess I'll look up if some spare parts are available, just to be on the safe side), so I'll definitely try sewing stockings on it tomorrow, as well as finish Tristen's dress!

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
  Nice PB! I'm a chicken to try to work with hosiery even though I  love the look of a doll with panty-hose; so classy! :) Did they give you any grief?
*tries to pull off her chicken feathers

Thanks :D They weren't too bad, but I decided to hand sew (I was too lazy to get the machine out) and some of my stitches weren't very even and there were a few holes that I had to fix. I'll definitely use a machine next time.

jennovazombie

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
I made some slipper socks out of minky for my dragon girl. :) All handsewn because I was watching Ancient Aliens. XD
I also made her a nightgown and a white wig. I really like the white on her.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
Are we doing a challange every week? I thought it was one a month or something. Hmmm...

In case it's useful for anyone, I got an e-mail from Simplicity that they have free knitting instructions for American Girl size doll sweater and accessories. :)
http://www.simplicity.com/t-free-crochet-pattern-3551-accessories.aspx?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Free+pattern+and+instructions&utm_content=katgyrly%40hotmail.com&utm_campaign=Doll+Clothing+01%2F08%2F2013

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »
jennovazombie, I love those warm, fluffy socks! :)
thanks for the link, Katgyrl. oh, I loved to knit when I was younger, we learned to knit at school, and I was lucky enough to have a teacher who could teach me how to knit with my left hand (I'm left-handed, so using my right hand as the "main" one would have been uncomfortable), as she knew how to do it both ways :P too bad, I forgot even the basic steps of knitting since then, so I'll have to get someone sit down in front of me and knit so that I can catch the movement and mirror them :)

today I finally had time to sew, and I could try mom's sewing machine out. first I made these knee-highs out of an old sock:

...then I headed on to those leggings. it really was a challenge - it literally made me sweat! there were times I couldn't help thinking "yeah, I must have chosen the most difficult idea possible for my very first try, it wouldn't be me :P " but in the end I'm really happy about how it turned out, so it was worth the hard work :accomplished:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2013, 01:33:02 PM »
You guys are all doing the cutest stuff!!!!!!!!! There is so much cuteness I can't even catch up, but I will try:

PBubbles: I am so intimidated by super-sheer nylons. I am going to give it a try though because yours look SO gorgeous!

KCherry:  :shocked: The red and pink striped stockings are making me DROOL. I LOVE stripes. And I LOVE red. I also love how they match your top! So lovely! We are going to to an extra week (but if you want to make another pair or start on the next challenge [blouses/tops] feel free ;) )

JennovaZ: I LOVE that fur on your dragon! I am going to paint mine (silver??) before I decide on a wig, but I may do white after seeing this. So gorgeous, you made that pink look cute! Very cute nightie and slippers, I want some for me (freezing here). Cute idea!

Loona:
Your stuff looks so professional! I am so impressed! I want some! Great job on all of it :D

Katgyrl:
I was going to do 2-week long big challenges and 1-week long smaller challenges but I think people need another week and I would like another week to make stockings for 2 other size dolls, so I think it'll be most challenges are 2-weekers. Although I may do 3-week or a month long for more advanced challenges like tops/blouses, swimwear, coats and gowns.

Okay, here are finally some pix of my MH kilt. I tried binding the top edge with a super thin binding to reduce bulk but I hate it, so I am removing it and just going to try to either face it or turn it after trimming some bulk out. This is actually for my gargoyle boy but I wanted to work with Gil since he's one of my newest dollies :)

So, one more week for stockings everyone :D (and some of us can finish some skirts we need to as well  :whistle:)

EDIT: Duh me, I forgot to mention that these are the socks I made to go with the kilt. In the first pic you can see my red and white striped stockings and I have one white fishnet stocking done (really difficult fabric to work with).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:47:41 PM by Salli »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »
I'm so jealous! These stockings are beautiful.

I finally got stuff together to make mine, and I somehow managed to break a piece of my sewing machine. It's so old I'm not sure I can find a replacement. I might fall behind in the challenges till I come up with a solution. :yikes:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
Cherry, your doll's oufit looks great!  I love the coordinated socks and shirt.

Vertafae, love the socks made from onesies.  I love buying clothes from thrift stores that have interesting patterns and designs.  There's so much variety there, especially in knit fabric, that just isn't found in the fabric stores here. 

lemontwist, I love the little lacy skirt.

Private Bubbles, those stockings are amazing! 

jennovazombie, those socks look cool.  And the dragon girl looks great with a white wig. :D

Loona, your leggings look so good.

Salli, love the kilt!! XD

Finally, finally got my skirt fixed and photographed.  It was supposed to be a quick easy pattern but no, I had to go and add the lace and make it complicated.  Also, I sewed it on the machine, which I'm not used to doing.  I put snaps in the back but I want to go back and use some thin velcro instead, because the snaps make the back stick out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:19:27 PM by bewilderness »

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »
I'm hoping my leggings come in tomorrow for my girl! The sweater I bought her to go with them came in, but it's a lot looser than I expected. I'm not sure if it'll look alright all together, but I guess I can find a way to take it in. It's mostly the shoulders look too bulky on her because it's too big. I hope the leggings will fit alright! Shopping for a slim MSD is harder than I expected.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2013, 07:14:35 AM »
I tried to make a pair of leggings yesterday but failed horribly. They don't fit ANY of the dolls I have. Oops.  Will try again...

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »
Such cute socks and leggings people are making! I don't think I'm going to have time to do this one, and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try yet anyway! XD

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
Well seems Tuesday afternoon if we're at work (looks liek it might ice and the school will be shut down) I might get some sewing lessons. One of the other teachers the home ec teacher has been kind enough to volunteer to help me after school. I wonder how strangely she will look at me using the machine to sew doll stockings since mine is broken. :P

Oh cute skirt Bewilderness! I'm assuming sewing lace on there is pretty hard? I haven't tried anything with lace yet. >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »
Thanks guys :)
There are some really awesome creations in this thread :D