collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro makes good  (Read 1288 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Hasbro makes good
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:33 AM »
This is an article from the Boston Globe:
[Parishioners and staff of St. Anne’s Catholic Church in Shrewsbury are scrambling to make sure local children in need find something under the Christmas tree this year, after thousands of dollars worth of donated gifts were stolen.

“They were for children who don’t have anything,” said parish secretary Judy Goselin.

The church has a “giving tree” every Christmas season to benefit Shrewsbury children, Goselin said. Parishioners take a tag from the tree with the Christmas list of a particular child and then bring the items to the church, she said.

The presents were being stored in a freestanding shed on the grounds of the church, which is located on Route 9.

The door to the shed was locked routinely, but when staff went out to the shed Tuesday, they discovered something was horribly wrong.

“The door was kicked in,” Goselin said. “Everything was taken, everything that a child would need or want.”

The shed contained thousands of dollars worth of clothing, toys, and gift cards for gas and groceries, said Goselin, a Holden resident who has been the parish secretary for four years.

“It sickened me,” she said. “People were very generous and it’s all gone.”

The Hasbro toy company has offered to replace all of the stolen toys to help ensure that Christmas comes on time for the children, Goselin said.

Parishioners have also offered to repurchase the gifts that they had donated, she said.

“The giving here is unbelievable,” Goselin said. “This is a great parish. God is good.”

Goselin said that past Christmas collections have gone off without a hitch and she is not sure who would steal the presents.

“It’s a very active parish and there’s a lot going on here,” she said. “It could have been anybody.”

St. Anne’s runs a food bank and thrift store and hosts a free medical clinic once a week, Goselin said.

Church staff are working with Shrewsbury police to find the thieves, she said.]

Good job Hasbro!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Hasbro makes good
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 10:18:54 AM »
Awwww :)

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
Someone would steal donated toys? Really? :shocked: It's so good of Hasbro to replace them; every kid deserves a merry Christmas!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
Sounds like the church needs to store the gift cards and cash in a locked safe on church premises in the future! 

Hasbro found a great opportunity for their Corporate Investment and this will bode well for them in PR.  Sadly it took a tragedy for the Hasbro executives to make this donation. Too bad the story couldn't have been, "Hasbro Adopts St. Anne's Families for Christmas" like, two months ago.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »
Omg who would do something like that? O.O It's absolutely horrible. Only thing that comes to mind when reading this is "The Grinch" :<

How wonderfull of Hasbro to step in and help out =) Shouldn't loose hope in them just yet ;)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »
I think the church needs a new place to store all donated items from now on. Gift cards and any cash sould are kept in a safe or a looked desk drawer. As for whoever took the items they should be ashamed of themselves. Taking toys from children at Christmas is very sad indeed. Nice that Hasbro has stepped in and is replacing all the stolen toys at least that will make the children happy.

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
That is horrible and the horrible state the economy is in just makes things like this all the more common than they were before. When people get desperate they do stupid things. Thank you, Hasbro, for stepping in and helping out!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
Those children will still have a Happy Christmas.Good job Hasbro. I know economy is bad, but steal from the church and from children, that is a new low. 

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »
I hope they find the thieves and retrieve the stolen goods (at least as many as possible) so that the donation pile is twice as huge in the end.
I'll put something here some time

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »
 :iconclap:

Hasbro, you guys are awesome!

And may the powers that be rain fire down upon the thieves...  There's no excuse for that.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »
That's very nice of Hasbro!! Very sickening that somebody would steal from children in need.

I remember when I was a kid living in Boston, all of our Christmas presents were stolen one year. It was all very sad and we didn't have much, but we certainly weren't in need like those poor kiddos!

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
Aw how terrible! How can somebody do something like that? :cry: I remember about 2 years ago, they stole truckloads of game consoles and games that was supposed to go out to all the stores...they went out into tv and pleaded to the jerks to give the games back so that the kids could get the games for christmas...amazingly they actually returned the games.

Im so glad Hasbro decided to help out...its just a shame that they cant help out more kids, there are so many out there  who need a little kindness....Maybe we on the arena should try doing a donation drive to help adults and kids?

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
I can't believe someone could be that sick.. some people are just plain out cruel!

But I'm so happy hasbro stepped in and wanted to replace the toys. And people are offering to buy items again? That's so sweet!

Just goes to show you.. for every bad person out there, there's several good people!  :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »
it makes me feel sick and saddened that someone could be so greedy and selfish and down right evil, shame on you.
well done hasbro for keeping the kids happy

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
A horrible thing for someone to do but at least there is a good outcome...well done Hasbro :) I agree its easy to be cynical [I work in advertising lol!] and think of it as a pr ploy but I say big companies can pr ploy their hearts out as long as people benefit in a generous manner like this. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal