collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When you sell a pony...  (Read 875 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
When you sell a pony...
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »
...do you get seperation anxiety or am I just crazy? XD

Lately I've been sending a few of the girls that I have more than one of off to new homes and I find myself pampering the pony - brushing her hair, cleaning her up and giving her a little hug - before I carefully put her in an padded envelope and send her off.
Then I get all worried that the post might screw up and she'll get lost on her way to her new home. So untill I hear that she has arrived I'm totally worrying. Then I just hope her new home is a nice loving one where she will be appriciated.

Meanwhile I know it's just a piece of plastic...

So am I completely loosing it or does someone else have certin "attachments" to the ponies? :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: When you sell a pony...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:22:13 AM »
I do when they've come from the collection, where I've attained an upgrade and I'm selling/gifting the old one! Most of the doubles I get that aren't upgrades go straight to the sales bin after their quarantine bath & inspection though, so that I don't get too attached, lol!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »
I definitely do!  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline therestornadosinmysoup

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:40:08 AM »
I've had to sort of 'look the other way' when I stuff them into a padded envelope and send off to a new home. I get attached to ponies when I remember where and when I found them, or where I opened the package. I was thinking just the other day, that I wished I'd kept the very first pony I found when I decided to collect them. It was a Baby Paws with a small black mark just above his symbol on the left side. I remember the house where that yard sale was held. My memory is strong and good. I have kept the manky Trickles who was wearing a ponynaut suit who I got at a yard sale for $1 eons ago, even though I have a pristine upgrade. There are other examples I could list.  :tellme:

So if you're  :nuts: then you won't be lonely!  :dance:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
hahaha wow, we're such a silly bunch of people! I feel sad every time I am upgrading :P because then my old one goes for sale or trade :S
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:52 AM »
Nope! But I'm a cold hearted, unemployed capitalist who is selling extras to pay bills at the moment.  I look at the pony and think "Gee, you're pretty! I'd love to keep you. Unfortunately, I like having a car to drive around more.  Off you go!"

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
When I did a sale out of my collection once I was pretty heartbroken.

Sometimes I get a little attached to doubles too. But normally I LOVE selling my doubles. Pony people have almost always been fantastic to deal with, some of the excited e-mails I've received about my items filled me with warm fuzzies which fuels more selling. :) It's always awesome when your item brings so much excitement to another collector- like a kid at Christmas.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »
certain ones I have nearly put on to eBay, then decided no and put it back on my shelf.  Or I have also being known to buy an upgrade pony and then end up selling it back on as I cannot bring my self to get rid of the old one (I don't do doubles with the exception of my two rainbow clouds) but for the main part I don't really mind cause I would only end up putting them in a box and forgetting about them and since most of the ones I buy have normally being in a loft or cellar for 20+ years at least they have more of a chance of being out on display or played with in a new home

Offline NorthernFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
In my country all the ponies are rare.  Especially vintage ones. Even g3 !  I know that the new owners will care of  them. But I feel ashamed ! Ponies as if asking :  why do not you love me anymore? And I imagine they don`t want to say goodbye to their friends ...
Finally, the most horrible idea ... New owner make them  different character, different name ... And it will be another pony, not my

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
Well, you have to admit, after a few years of being a collector, they aren't "just pieces of plastic" anymore. ;)  I got a little bit of separation anxiety last time I sold some ponies, but not a whole lot.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
...do you get seperation anxiety or am I just crazy? XD

Lately I've been sending a few of the girls that I have more than one of off to new homes and I find myself pampering the pony - brushing her hair, cleaning her up and giving her a little hug - before I carefully put her in an padded envelope and send her off.
Then I get all worried that the post might screw up and she'll get lost on her way to her new home. So untill I hear that she has arrived I'm totally worrying. Then I just hope her new home is a nice loving one where she will be appriciated.

Meanwhile I know it's just a piece of plastic...

So am I completely loosing it or does someone else have certin "attachments" to the ponies? :P

Sounds familiar.. :lol:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Everythings Peachy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean I reasently sold some of my g1,s for upgrades but they kind of all had there own personalities and all that, crazy I know! :lol: :redface:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
I have that attachment with all my collections of toys. I feel like I've seen Toy Story too many times, lol.

I consider my bedroom a retirement room for toys who's children have gone and grown up.  :P

I only trade very rarely and I tend not to sell because I often back out of it. Even the most baity ponies still get a home here.  :)

.....I'm not crazy.. I swear!  :P

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
I've never had to sell a pony before. Although if I did, I'm sure I would anthropomorphize it, definitely. I would probably mentally tell it "it's OK, you'll only be in the box a few days, and then you'll have a new home"!

For as long as I can remember, I have always anthropomorphized -everything-. Even rocks, twigs, doors, buildings, cars, everything I have contact with, and it's kind of a automatic, subconscious thing that I can't really help. XD My mom does it too, so I know I'm not crazy. lol

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »
I have not been that way with ponies yet. I have not sold any. But I have with a few of the breyer that I sold a while back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal