collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When you sell a pony...  (Read 856 times)

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When you sell a pony...
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:53 PM »
I´ve never sold a pony. I don´t have many duplicates plus I just... can´t (At least for the moment). I love them all! Regarding to this, I sometimes think myself like a Black Hole.  :lol:

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »
Phew, good to know I'm not the only one and that - if I am crazy - I'm in good company ;)
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »
a little but I know the people I'm selling to with treat them nicely  (or I'm naive enough to think so) :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »
*looks at drawer of doubles which need to be on ebay*...nope dont know what you mean at all :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
Sometimes.

If they're doubles that I didn't get attached to in the first place, then no.  But if they've been sitting in my collection for awhile, especially my g1s, then you should assume I'm pretty attached.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

kittisiubhan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 04:50:27 PM »
 :lmao:

I don't have many issues after I sell them or mail them off, because I've managed to make it past the guilt and I know she's off to a good home where some tender hearted pony lover is excitedly waiting by their mail box; the anxiety comes in when I try to build a trade list.

Even if I have another one in better condition, even if I don't really like her but she came in a lot, even if I need the money or space, or given the choice I'd trade her for someone I want more - once I'm holding a pony in my hands my internal dialogue starts going nuts... "I can't get rid of her, I *NEEDS* this pony!"

That's when the trouble begins...

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »
I have quite an attachment to ponies (or any toys in general, really). That's why I put the ponies I am to sell kind of away from me and normal daily view until I've sold them xD Otherwise... it will happen what happened with Lily Lightly - I will just have to keep the pony to myself !

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »
I always had a hard time getting rid of toys, even as a kid.  If it has a face, I always feel guilty getting rid of it.

I sent one of my Little Flitters overseas to help with a swap box for a friend who needed cheering up.  It was incredibly hard, took me almost a week to bite the bullet and pack the box.  Before she went, I gave her a full trip to the spa and told her over and over that it wasn't because I didn't love her or because she wasn't pretty.  It was because she was one of my prettiest that she needed to go and help a friend feel better.  I felt so ridiculous, but she looked so sad when I took her away from the others (who all went to the pony spa too, to ease my guilt).

I'm selling two of my dolls right now and I can't even bear to look at them because I feel like I'm abandoning them. 

:lookround:  Yup, I am officially nuts.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Usually not, but I do have a handful of extras that I don't really need anymore, but can't bring myself to sell because I'm attached to them. I'm going to use them for things like modeling pony wear and displaying with the Paradise Estate (which is so huge it really needs to be displayed with a bunch of ponies, but of course it didn't come with any of its own). That way the mintiest one will be the official display pony, but the other one will still have a job too.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:08:38 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »
I've only ever sold ponies to arena members, and I find knowing for sure that they're going to a loving home pretty much stops any anxiety I might get :)

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »
Phew, good to know I'm not the only one and that - if I am crazy - I'm in good company
haha! That´s for sure!  ^.^
You guys are terrible. Awww... I love this site...

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 05:14:21 AM »
I tend to get that way with my customs. I'm usually so proud of them when they're done I'm a little broke hearted to send them off. At least with them I know they're going somewhere they'll be loved.

Overseas shipping makes me anxious and I do panic that the poor ponies will be lost. So until I receive correspondence from my buyers telling me they arrived I'm all "NO PONY! I'm sorry!!!!!"

Haha. 
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal