collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Want to hear about Remove Zit experiences!  (Read 1259 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Want to hear about Remove Zit experiences!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
Dont have a clue whats in it - although I would be interested to know. Maybe Retro Dolls UK can let us know some of what is in it just as a rough comparison to other stain removers - I know they are members here of course. [I dont expect them to give their secret formula away of course :)]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
I bought a beautiful Italian Starflower. The seller however unfortunately tried to remove a couple of spots that I was intending to sunfade. She did it with the best of intentions, but here's what happened to my gorgeous pony on her trip from Europe  :cry:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Holy heck! :shocked:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline kayveryn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
I got this poor girl in a bait lot, and always assumed it was removezit...haven't tried painting it or anything yet to know if that may be more stable...

kayveryn

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »
With some more of it,she could be all yellow.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
Yeah, has anyone tried to "bleach" a pony yellow with the stuff? The poor pony above might be better off being just one color.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 01:50:04 AM »
wow I feel better about Mimic wit the stories here, all I could first think was "how have I not noticed THAT" but she got worse...Incidentally, the seller was banned from here only 6 months later for shill bidding. I think it's a bad practice.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »
Don't do it.  That's all.  :-p  Sunfading is much safer even if it takes a few years.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »
I used it five years ago on a Big Brother Chief I purchased who was absolutely covered in mold spots/pony cancer and it cleared him right up without a trace of any discoloration. I washed him with Formula 911 to clean him after and to this day his plastic is fine. I've also used it successfully in smaller cases to get rid of marks from ball point pen, sharpie, and staining from pony clothing/saddles.

As mentioned already, I also can't express enough how you have to make sure the product is completely removed after use though, as putting a treated pony with the product still on it next to others on display may run the risk of damaging those surrounding it. The plastic may also discolor/yellow from it being left on for long after the recommended treatment period. Formula 911 or a good degreaser will do the trick.

Remove Zit was made with the mindset of removing ink out of lighter, flesh-tone colored plastics on dolls, so that's why it bleaches out colors like blue and purple. I would only trust it on white, yellow, or peach ponies.
As exemplified in the above photos, anything else would likely run the risk of the product pulling the color right out of the plastic. I remember seeing some customizers in the past actually use it to completely bleach ponies like G1 Seashell, for example, in order to get a white bait in a unique pose.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:32:12 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
That's a good thing to note Mandy85, that'd be the easy way to get a Lambaditsa. I wonder if it would sort out all those yellowed Cherry Treats?
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
Dont have a clue whats in it - although I would be interested to know. Maybe Retro Dolls UK can let us know some of what is in it just as a rough comparison to other stain removers - I know they are members here of course. [I dont expect them to give their secret formula away of course :)]
  Hi there! Melanie doesn't have an account here any longer, but I passed along your question to her, here's her response :)

"Our stain remover was developed for vinyl dolls and is similar to the removezit stain remover. I do not know what is in it but it is chemical. I always suggest that with any product designed to take stains away you test it on an area that cannot be seen first. I have noticed fading and non fading on the same type of doll so it's always best to try first. If it removes paint it will remove glitter easily. The other tip is to use a cotton bud to dab only the area affected. Some people use butter (pure butter no drivatives) and put it in a hot place/sunshine and that can work. Also many use Oxy10 spot creme the same way. It's never worked for me but has for others. I suppose on a pony that has coloured skin any bleaching will be more noticeable whereas on skin colours it's often not so bad. The other advice I would give which is worse the stain or a faded patch - can it be touched up with paint? Hope this helps x"

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:13 AM »
OK, playing with this stuff on several G1s.  Blueberry Baskets, no fade, ink gone.  Posey, no body fade, ink faded.  Might have gone completely if I left it longer.  Sparkler, no fade, ink gone.  Light purple Sweetheart Sister, tiny bit of fading, ink much better.  Baby Moon Dancer is hanging in the window with a coat of stain remover on her.  Left the symbols alone, seeing if she whitens.  Did not think to do before pics of course.  I don't know exactly what the pen marks were, but all of them were in the same lot, same color ink, same marking.  There's a Sundance in the same box, I'll try her ink next.   :biggrin: 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:19:32 AM by rybett »
:socks:   :frog:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »
  Hi there! Melanie doesn't have an account here any longer, but I passed along your question to her, here's her response :)

"Our stain remover was developed for vinyl dolls and is similar to the removezit stain remover. I do not know what is in it but it is chemical. I always suggest that with any product designed to take stains away you test it on an area that cannot be seen first. I have noticed fading and non fading on the same type of doll so it's always best to try first. If it removes paint it will remove glitter easily. The other tip is to use a cotton bud to dab only the area affected. Some people use butter (pure butter no drivatives) and put it in a hot place/sunshine and that can work. Also many use Oxy10 spot creme the same way. It's never worked for me but has for others. I suppose on a pony that has coloured skin any bleaching will be more noticeable whereas on skin colours it's often not so bad. The other advice I would give which is worse the stain or a faded patch - can it be touched up with paint? Hope this helps x"

Thats awesome information :) Thank you!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

kittisiubhan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »
Please please PLEASE don't do it!

I don't know why this advice keeps popping up but seriously I hope it STOPS!

Remove Zit can have bad long term affects. It may remove the spot and look fantastic now but in a few days, weeks or even months - the plastic can fade HORRIFICALLY.

I've purchase ponies that looked fine then suddenly they have these "bleached" spots all over them only to discover somewhere along the line someone used Removed Zit.

Leaving them with the profits, me with a screwed up "collectable", and another otherwise decent pony lost forever because of a bad decision...

Offline Marian

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/meldes/
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 06:25:38 AM »
I'm gonna try it on a bait I think and then we will see, it's crazy how so many people had different experiences. Also I'll try to get that famous formula 911, to avoind future damages

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
Baits are fine test subjects. :)

Since we have other ways of removing marks, I say use those first. Unless it's a flaw sunfading and h202 bath/treatment will do nothing for, and the pony is white or yellow. - AND you clean the pony really, really well and never resell without saying what was treated and when then I can see the use of remove-zit.

I have used remove zit to remove brown staining off a couple white ponies and it worked well, but took time. I did sections at a time as the product fumes WILL damage paint. so, if a stain is below the symbol I had the pony rested on it's side, never standing. Like the chief pony, mine worked beautifully. I washed her a bunch of times to be on the safe side too. She went from being a test bait to a pony I put on display. and 6 years later she's fine. Always test somewhere you don't see first. My pony came out with brown removed and gleaming white- but others have said remove-zit CAUSED brown stains so you never know.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal