collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP fair pony?  (Read 7745 times)

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MLP fair pony?
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
I know most people around here love the G3s the most-  but I personally would love a G1 mold release- a high quality re-release- or even.... a SET! (I know, unlikely!)

That would be AMAZING!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »
The fact that it is the 30th anniversay of My Little Pony (as a whole) and the 10th anniversy of the fair (which celebrates ponies as a whole) is one of the main reasons I think it shouldn't be a background FiM character. That is so specific to one certain part of the whole pony experience. I think the fair pony should be a celebrations of all things pony, not just FiM

I agree that one of the original ponies made into a G4 style would be a beautiful and fun way to really capture the whole spirit of ponies from the oldest to the most recent.

That would be fun!  Kind of a nod to the past and to the present.  I would be totally ok with that.  Or with an art pony on a G4 mold.  I feel like that would be a good compromise to both the oldies like us (*cringe*) and the new fans.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

momo_no_hime

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
Since it is the 30th anniversary-

I know most people around here love the G3s the most-  but I personally would love a G1 mold release- a high quality re-release- or even.... a SET! (I know, unlikely!)

For sure something really really awesome is in order :D

I would LOVE a G1 mold pony too! :D Unfortunately though, I'm not sure how feasible it would be...

If I'm remembering correctly, I think when they made the 25th Anniversary G1s they had to bring in a collectors pose pony that they could make a new mold out of because they didn't have the originals anymore.

So the solution to the problem is to send a bunch of ponies to Hasbro! XD

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »

I am pretty sure that Hasbro will not be making anything other than FiM ponies- since that is what they are making now-  it would probably be too expensive for them to use an old mold.

They still sell (and, I presume, manufacture) the blank white pony in the G3 core seven mold, which is, I think, what has been used for the art, fair and SDCC ponies until last year.

I, too, would love to see art ponies again, and separate ones for MLP fair and COmic Con. I'd be happy with either G3 mold or FS G4 mold (the regular G4s are just plain too small for an "exclusive" imho). If they *do* create her as a G4 FS, please please PLEASE, I want to see stuff on BOTH flanks. I was happy (and quite lucky) to get Madame Le Bubble Butt last year, but disappointed that she seems like any other old pony-- other than who she is--with symbols on only one side. The Fair and Con ponies have always been special and arty, and not really related to the show itself, which somehow to me makes them feel more special.

I would love to see more regular size releases of the side characters, especially Big Mac, but not as a "special" Fair or Con pony. They should be a toy store release so that they're widely available. Keep the Fair and Con ponies super special.

I wouldn't mind a FS crystal (translucent) Nightglider, if we're gonna fantasize about G1s-to-G4s...

At any rate, the suspense builds, and that's half the fun LOL
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:43:43 PM by MoonStars »

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
A G2, just to be different.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »
A G2, just to be different.

Haha!! I love G2s. But I bet that'd bring on a full-on revolt LOL. How about a set of one from each generation's mold...(yeeessss, including G 3.5 lol), related to popular characters from each gen, but TAF-ish or arty somehow... ooh I'd totally go for something like that.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »
That would be really cool- but probably very expensive :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »
That would be really cool- but probably very expensive :P

For that kind of set I would happily pay more! Look at what Transformers every year and Jem collectors this year have to shell out for their special releases. MLP is traditionally the cheapest Hasbro exclusive!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
Ok, ok, I've got it. This would be the awesomist (that's totally a word, too!). All of the original 6, in G1 mold like their originals, but done as art ponies. Kind of like G3 Pinkie Pie was fancied up for the 2007 fair (I've heard her fair version called Fantasia?). And sell them as a set of 6, with singles of each to let those that only want one or two buy them individually. None of this surprise-bag sort of thing that has the effect of sending those who want a whole set scrambling into bidding wars.

That would be the only fitting tribute to 30 years of MLP, coming from someone who has been playing with them since if not the beginning, then dang close to it. I know it's probably ridiculously cost-prohibitive, but I can dream, right?
Formerly known as ponyRN.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal