collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP fair pony?  (Read 7743 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: MLP fair pony?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 11:05:13 AM »
I wonder what some G1 ponies are that are well loved amongst some of the newer fans... I don't really spend a lot of time on more FIM centric sites so I'm not sure. I know G3 minty is quite well loved - are there any G1s that people know of that would make a cute G4 that a lot of cross gen fans would appreciate?

I guess there's the "inspiration" ponies like firefly and surprise, right? A styling G4 firefly would be pretty cute. Any others?

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »
I would definitely like to see another FS pony.

FS Granny Smith would be totally gnarly. Or FS Big Mac. If they had one of those, I'd definitely find a way to get there just to get my grubby paws on them!
Could not agree more. Dang.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »
I agree with Lunar - if we cant have a unique art inspired one, then I would love a nod to the origins of MLP - G4 Cotton Candy would be amazing but I am guessing he/she will probably be FiM inspired, Big Mac or Granny Smith or more likely Vinyl Scratch.
eeeeyup.

There are some show characters I'd be more excited to see as an exclusive than others, but I'm not completely opposed to a FiM exclusive. Like maybe a fashion stlye size of the glow in the dark zecora, how fun would that be? Or maybe a fashion style crystal pony that's actually translucent and glittery? I think the exclusive pony would be a really fun place to try out some of the new techniques that don't seem like they're going to make it to regular releases. Just something other than a "normal" pony would be nice.

Ooooooh....FS Crystal Pony = me want!

I'd love a FS crystal Rarity  :)

Yes!!! Perfect...

@NoD...Firefly would be epic - I would "guess" she may seem to be the most popular G1 on brony sites but thats just a guess from some of the comments I see. I could be wildly off.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

BerryPunch

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
Never gonna happen, but I wanna see g1 Bubbles or something as a g4. XD
Or even all of the mane six in a normal brushables set as their g1 counterparts.

Speaking in terms of reality, I agree that a g4 Minty would be adorable as heck.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
I hope they make it something that isn't from the show to keep the insane demand low, but still in G4 style.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
I'm not going to the fair this year, it's too far away for me.  However, I hope they don't make the same mistake as last year and not make enough ponies for everyone.  I think what happened was they weren't prepared for her to be so popular or the simple fact that they didn't make a count of at least one pony per person so everyone can have at least one.  I know this is most likely Hasbro's fault since they made the pony.  If it's going to be a Minty I can expect that same thing to happen as it did with Drama Pony Pony.

LOL I put in :muffin: Pony and I got drama pony.

momo_no_hime

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »
I think it would be great to see a G1 pony in a G4 mold as well. I'd prefer something not from FiM, not because I don't love the show, but it will keep the demand lower. XD

Does anybody have any idea when they usually release a picture of what pony it will be? I've forgotten how far ahead they usually show it. (I just want to know when I need to start looking for a buyer for me. ;) )

BerryPunch

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
Yeah... I kinda think Minty is a safe choice. I know many Bronies who love her as well. She's silly, kinda like our grey pegasus.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
Does anybody have any idea when they usually release a picture of what pony it will be? I've forgotten how far ahead they usually show it. (I just want to know when I need to start looking for a buyer for me. ;) )

They usually don't "oficially" announce it until pretty close to the fair, but we've had leaked pictures for the last who knows how many years because people from china sell them on ebay (or tao bao). Sooo the announcement will either be close to the fair, or whenever enough leaked pictures show up that it's not worth trying to hide it anymore XD

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »

They usually don't "oficially" announce it until pretty close to the fair, but we've had leaked pictures for the last who knows how many years because people from china sell them on ebay (or tao bao). Sooo the announcement will either be close to the fair, or whenever enough leaked pictures show up that it's not worth trying to hide it anymore XD

At the fair last year in RI they didn't announce the pony at all before the fair.  But, there was a leaked picture which was rumored to be the fair pony and also rumored to be the comic con pony.  It did turn out to be the fair pony but I think it helps for those who are preordering to know what the pony looks like beforehand, especially if they are getting one for a friend.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
Yeah, the leaked pictures are usually pretty easy to figure out. At least they were with the art ponies - usually one seemed more comic con-y and one more fair-y. I think we've always been able to guess them pretty well. 2012 changed things up though with the shared pony, so who knows what will happen for 2013.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »
I wonder if they will have to have the limit 1 (it was that right?) per person thing again?

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »
I wonder if they will have to have the limit 1 (it was that right?) per person thing again?

They need to make 100% sure there is at least enough for one person.  Most people preorder if they want to guarantee they get one but everyone should be guaranteed at least one anyway.  Then, if there are extras they can be sold at the fair for people who didn't get to go and wanted one.  I think there should always be extras anyway.  If I had gone to the fair, my first main focus is to get a shirt and a fair pony and if I didn't get a pony I would be upset like everyone else who didn't get one.

lithiumkat

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
Ok I feel really stupid here. I probably ought to know this. But I've never been to any of the fairs what does it mean when everyone keeps referring to "FS" insert pony name here. Like FS Minty. I know who Minty is but what the heck does FS stand for? Anyone?

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
FS is short for Fashion Style [or size, I guess].

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal