collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: christmas present ideas?  (Read 506 times)

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
christmas present ideas?
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:34:14 AM »
once again i am ridiculously skint for christmas :( just looked at my bank balance and almost cried!
i've got most of my presents done thank goodness... but nothing for my boyfriend. i've been so stuck for ideas and now i'm low on money i have even less ideas :( can anyone help?
 if it's any use, we've been together since april but it's definitely serious (getting our own house in may) and i've already exhausted the joke-y presents and clothes for his birthday. all the xbox games and dvds he wants he buys himself. and we've made a scrapbook together so that's out. i was thinking a book, but he's still reading game of thrones so i doubt he'd ever get round to reading it!
 if anyone has any ideas, bought or home made (something crafty would be nice, but i can't think of anything he'd get any use out of) would be really really appreciated. i want to get him something special as it's our first christmas together :( thanks guys.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: christmas present ideas?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
Why not make a special "our first Christmas" ornament for the tree?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
Paracord bracelet? They are cool and manly, and if you make it yourself you can choose his fave colours and put suitable charms in (team logos etc). Just google paracord bracelet and you will find inspirational pics and tutorials.

Maybe a small gift basket with a couple bottles of craft beer, homemade snacks etc?

Magazine subscription? They are usually good value, and there is a magazine for any taste or interest! Also, it's 12 gifts in one!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:00:01 PM by little.fox »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »
Those booklets of coupons.. you could make one..

One free foot rub
One free movie of your choosing + popcorn
etc
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »
Oh, I love the "our first Christmas' ornament idea (I'm a sucker for Christmas ornaments though).

Gift basket with his favorite snacks was a good one too.
If you're going beer themed, I saw thishere which shows how to put socks in a glass to look like a Guinness!
and you could make some cool coasters like these

I also liked the coupon book idea, since you'll be living together you could throw in a few chores too!

lol, apparently I have no ideas of my own! but I do like pinterest I bet someone has a killer board for homemade guy crafts out there...

Offline melodys_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
I bake. Like a fiend. And my BF knows it.

Its kind of tradition to make a cookie plate and give them out.  maybe you can play on that idea?  I also do ornaments every year and thats my gift to couples (aunt/uncles, cousins that are married, friends).  Maybe something allong those ideas?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »
Hubby runs r/c cars, outside in nice weather, indoor track in cold.  He's getting a ramp to jump them this year.  Something that plays off BF's hobbies?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
maybe  make hima nice dinner  if your  talanted int eh ktichen or make a cake or soemthing..  or  get one of those contianer of   popcorn. 
my dad loves old spice and soap on a rope. and chocoalte covered cherrys there not that expensive. maybe find out what  sort of colonge he likes?

Archaic

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 08:51:31 PM »
maybe  make hima nice dinner  if your  talanted int eh ktichen or make a cake or soemthing..  or  get one of those contianer of   popcorn. 

I agree! They say that the way to a guy's heart is through his stomach.
Perhaps add a side of home-made pastries to the item you choose to give him?

I always liked the idea of gifting couple accessories, like matching cups, pillows, keychains, and some T-shirts that don't 'over-do' it.

Reiya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »
I really like the personalized Christmas ornament idea!

A basket if ramdom things he likes and some of his favorite things is always sweet.  Throw in his favorite candy and drink, if you have an inside joke about a sponge or something random (you get the drift) add that too, stuck in a home made cupon booklet, you could also go somewhere that copies keys and get him a blank so that he can have a special key made for y'all's first home together, maybe he's mentioned a toy he used to like when he was little like a special match box car, heck you could throw (not literally of course) in that personalized ornament too. All these things will show him that you pay attention and know him better than anyone else, and that of course is a gift beyond measurable value.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 03:57:04 AM »
Those booklets of coupons.. you could make one..

One free foot rub
One free movie of your choosing + popcorn
etc

That is a really great idea :)

Offline duckie

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:20:58 AM »
i love the decoration idea and the vouchers, although knowing him he'd try to use them all in one day i'd have to limit them :P
the gift basket could be a really good one to use for other male relatives too :)
as for the meal i end up doing that every weekend anyway haha! good opportunity to hone my housewife skills though   :lol:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 06:00:48 AM »
I always liked hand-made presents from my significant others, and giving them hand-made things.  I'm crafty, but you don't necessarily have to be.  What kind of stuff is he into?  Use those for ideas.  As for what exactly, you've gotten some good suggestions here.

If all else fails, I always liked a song.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal