collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous (NPAA)  (Read 7920 times)

Tyler

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »
I literally have boxes full in my cupboard... but with my work now I'm not allowed to wear it anymore... So I sneak around with my transparent polishes, Sally hansen and I have a clear glow-in-the-dark polish I'm wearing now. I miss having pretty nails!!! =(
Why are you not allowed to wear it? If it doesn't make you unable to work I think you should be allowed to wear it.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 08:16:27 AM »
Total polish addict right here! I paint them once a week :) I like to keep them at a medium length but I have to trim my thumb and pointer finger short because I wear contacts and it makes it hard to take my contacts out with long nails lol. Currently I have an OPI blue summer color on with the new China Glaze holo sparkle as a gradient :) I really like the indie polish brands Lac Attack and Pretty & Polished :) My favorite store brand is Sinful Colors. Great price and great color choices!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »
SurfStar: You have a Lyndrella?!?!?!?! :faint: I'm so jealous! I love holos too, I just hate that they tend to get bald patches. You know what I really love? Holo glitters! Those are to die for!

Agreed! =) Holo's are what got me sucked into polish!

I do have a few Lynn's. I don't wear them very often though. I've thought about reselling them as well, since they aren't absolute favorites of my collection.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
I literally have boxes full in my cupboard... but with my work now I'm not allowed to wear it anymore... So I sneak around with my transparent polishes, Sally hansen and I have a clear glow-in-the-dark polish I'm wearing now. I miss having pretty nails!!! =(
Why are you not allowed to wear it? If it doesn't make you unable to work I think you should be allowed to wear it.

I work in a hospital with food... so I guess if it were to flake off... we're not even supposed to have long nails, but they employed me having them so too bad I say! It's in the uniform policy too, so that's really how they can enforce it I guess.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
Nail polish keeps me from biting my nails, so I have a bunch of it!  Mostly China Glaze, Revlon, and several bottles of off-brand (but salon quality) polish that my bf's mom picks up from T.J. Maxx and random outlet stores.  Last I checked I was up to 15 bottles. >>

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Tyler

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

I work in a hospital with food... so I guess if it were to flake off... we're not even supposed to have long nails, but they employed me having them so too bad I say! It's in the uniform policy too, so that's really how they can enforce it I guess.
That is stupid since most girls/some boys wear nail polish.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
I'm kinda addicted but I have it under control lol

My fav. nail polish is China Glaze & Opi and I always buy it in the US (over ebay) cuz the OPI nail polish cost around $20 here in german stores.

Here's an old pic of my collection (have a few more lol):

I also own a few really cheap nail polish :D

I have a few "grails" but these are too expensive.
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Moony

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
Here's a month or so old picture of my collection :) I've added about 15-20 new polishes since I took it :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 01:55:59 PM »
ZennaBug: Bubbles are my worst enemy! That's why I stopped using Seche Vite but I have a friend that uses it all the time and has never had a problem. Sorry if this thread had anything to do with your polish purchase! But hey at least OPI Black Cherry Chuntey is a classic shade so it's versatile!

Hehe, I was eyeballing it anyway.  I saw a picture on pinterest and had to get some for myself.

I used to get awful bubbles, but haven't really gotten them since switching my base and top coats.  And I'm trying to be more patient about letting it dry between layers.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »
i have TONS, but i only ever wear black. my co-worker did buy me some really pretty purple for christmas, he's awesome!!! but i still only wear black. we got in a huge display at dollar general and i always get first pick when i'm putting it all out. if you want a large selection, stop on in, i think every DG has the display, its on wheels and has over 20 colors for only $1 each. we sell out just about every week.

Reiya

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
Stormness_1: How sad! But at least you can still get by with clear colors!

duckie: I haven't ever tried a Models Own polish but I am dying to get my hands on a bottle of Indian Ocean! Maybe I'll start another thread so we can show of some of our manies/ pedis ad nail art...

seventhreeoh: Well if you broke the habit once you can defiantly do it again (congratulations on the new job!). That's a good tip to use clean polish so that you become aware of the smells if you cant find another product to help you stop biting. Thanks for the tip!

Tyler:

I've heard that for some professions it is a health code because of the chemicals in the polish and according to one of my friends she cant wear polish because bacteria can grow between the nail and the polish so it is a health hazard. I don't know if i quite believe either of those reasons myself though. I think more than likely it is just to be professional appearance thing.

Moony: Oooohhh!!! How do you do our glitter gradients? Do you sponge them on, place the glitter, or do you just start with one coat let it dry and keep making each next coat smaller than the rest? What color is that orangey China Glaze in your picture?

SurfStar: You should really think about selling those if you don't like them. I've seen bottles of her stuff go for almost $100!

Kaeldre: Yeah some times you can find a China Glaze, OPI, or Essie at TJ Maxx. I think I've also seen Jessica there too. I have (let me go count :bolt:) I have 20 of what I consider to be prestigious brands and 24 drugstore ones left over from my tweens.

BerryMouse: Us Americans are kinda spoiled with the surplus of OPI (got to love their double wide brush :heart: ) over here! But you have a england and some other brand on that side of the pond that are difficult for us to get over here.

ZennaBug: I used to use this one top coat (I don't even remember what it was called) but it gave me the worst bubbles! I've been using Essie Super Duper Top Coat lately and Ive only had it bubble once (I think i applied it while the polish was still wet :|).

Varkolak: That's really good to know! I night have to check it out some time. :)

Offline Moony

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous (NPAA)
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
The orangey China Glaze is called Riveting. It's from the Hunger Games collection :) For my glitter gradient I put a big blob of polish on the end of my nail and then wiped the excess glitter off in the bottle. Then I gently stroked the glitter from the blob toward the other end of my nail :) I used a fine holo glitter :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
I can't go without it. My nails are long and sharp at all times, and they look silly without it. I think the multiple coats protect them more, too.

I have the purple magnetic polish on right now. So much work to do, but it looks so awesome. I'll have to switch them out to something more classy for my fiance's holiday party this Saturday. Darn.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »

duckie: I haven't ever tried a Models Own polish but I am dying to get my hands on a bottle of Indian Ocean! Maybe I'll start another thread so we can show of some of our manies/ pedis ad nail art...

that was the first bottle i bought along with tropical sun and they are my absolute favourites :) if you change the colour of the base coat underneath it will alter the colour of them too, but they sparkle different colours in the light :)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
I love nail polish too!  But I mainly paint my toes - even in winter.  :P  Since I'm an artist and draw and paint all the time, polish on my fingernails just chips way too often for me to deal with (even with wearing base and top coats).  For that reason, I only don polish on my fingers when it's a special occasion (like, a wedding or anniversary date out, lol).  But I go to town on my toes!  I even have nail pens and rhinestones to do designs.

I like the shimmery finishes.  And for comfort in drawing, I keep my nails juuuuust past my fingertip length.  :)

i am the same ashes, i use my hands so much nail polish just does not last even with a top coat and base coat. i also had trouble with coloured nail polish leaving marks on my paper if i scuffed my nails while drawing!

i have fun painting my toenails though :D

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal