collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 38997 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1455 on: December 14, 2012, 07:13:21 AM »
I really like her =X I love a lot of the fakies I see actually.

For anyone who still needs jinafire she's up on Mattel's site right now

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 14, 2012, 07:23:16 AM »
I was able to snag Jinafire this morning from Mattel, Abbey's bed from Amazon last night, and to my surprise, the bf got Scaris Rochelle from Walmart.com. :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:29:29 AM by Alatariel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 14, 2012, 07:31:49 AM »
I was able to snag Jinafire this morning from Mattel, Abbey's bed from Amazon last night, and to my surprise, the bf got Scaris Rochelle from Walmart.com. :)
Aww lucky! That's so great!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »
I was able to snag Jinafire this morning from Mattel TOO!

:dance2: :yippee: :dance2: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :green: :party: :banana: :bacon:

too much excitement? lol

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 14, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »
She is still in stock and I can't get her. I spent my money on the fashion packs!! Just my luck!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 14, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »
Urft. Recieved my MIB Coffin bean set today, and the playset is fantastic, but clawdeen, really? Quality control score equals zilch. She has wonky misprinted eyes, her legs and hips are floppy and loose, and her nose has a giant scrape out of it from the factory. Sigh, I've contacted mattel UK, here's to hoping they're as extremely helpful and kind as they have been to USA members...

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 14, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »
Got Jinafire from Mattel!!!!
After so much hunting, this is awesome!!!
My SO is going to be so happy :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 14, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »
I finally had some doll luck! After checking Target and only finding PD Lala and the local Walmart, which had all the PD dolls but Cleo, I decided to go to the Walmart that's farther away and kind of out in the middle of nowhere because they don't sell out of things so quickly and I managed to find PD Cleo. She was the last one, too. Luckily, her faceup looks fine. Her hair looks awful, but hopefully I can straighten it out once I take her out of the box. Since I had a $28 voucher, I also grabbed PD Abbey. I wasn't planning on getting her, but they didn't have the Scaris dolls and I don't have an Abbey, I got her. I actually wanted her outfit anyway. I almost grabbed GR Abbey (this was the first time I've seen her in person) but in the end, I liked PD Abbey's outfit and lipstick color better, even though I'd love to get my hands on GR Abbey's shoes. There were just two PD Abbey there and one had a spot of her lipstick missing. It looked like something rubbed it while it was still wet.

So now I'm just keeping my eye out for Scaris Clawdeen, Deuce & Rochelle. And Catrine and the Ice Girl CAM once they come out.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
Is there a place to see all of one doll in various versions? I want to find a Cleo I actually like, but I don't know where to go to see them all side by side. I really like the GR, but I wanna make a educated decision.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 14, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
Is there a place to see all of one doll in various versions? I want to find a Cleo I actually like, but I don't know where to go to see them all side by side. I really like the GR, but I wanna make a educated decision.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/superqt/5903727093/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/superqt/5222258419/
This might help! :hug:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:20 AM »
Well, my happiness was sure short-lived. I just opened my dolls and both have really horrible hair.

Right when I opened Cleo, chunks of her hair were just falling out. Even more came out when I brushed it. Her hair looks like a preschooler had been playing with her, it's such a rat's nest. And what's worse, is there's a huge bald spot in the back where they didn't root any hair. There's actually multiple bald spots, now that I'm inspecting her hair more, but most of it can be covered.

Abbey's isn't quite as messy, but she's even more bald than Cleo. I just took two quick shots of the top of her head on both sides, but if I move her hair around, it's all really, really thinly rooted and looks pretty bad.

I know I should contact Mattel about it, but I'm afraid they'll make me send them back and I'll end up with one with the same issues or even faceup issues like eye wonk. Or they'll send me a different doll all together as a replacement. The only other doll I have that has bald spots is my DT 2 Lala, but I guess it's not such a huge deal with her since she was a cheaper doll, but with the PD dolls being the more expensive of the MH dolls, I expect them to be better quality. I really hope I don't have this many issues with the Scaris dolls.

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1466 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »
Contact Mattel. Even if you don't want them replaced it is good to report those issues.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 14, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »
whoa. Since people have been discussing eye wonk, I've been noticing it more and more, and oh my gawd, I just saw a Gil on flickr with one tiny eye really high up, and the other on the right really huge and normal placement. I'm not posting pics as they aren't mine, but I think it's terrible that Mattel has allowed quality control to get so bad. jeeesh.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 14, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »
Well, I just spent quite a bit of time in a chat with Mattel customer service. They won't replace the dolls without sending them back, which I was afraid of. They actually tried telling me I'd have to pay to ship them back. I argued with that since I've just in the last month bought 10 MH dolls and 4 fashion packs which used up all the spending money I had and they agreed to send a prepaid shipping label. Still, she told me I have to return everything, including the boxes, which means I have to somehow find a big enough box to fit both dolls and the boxes in, then she tells me my replacements definitely won't arrive in time for Christmas. While that's not a huge deal, I'm still upset because I've been wanting PD Cleo for so long and I finally get her and now I have to send her back and maybe by January they'll send me a new one. Oh, and the new one might have eye wonk or any other issue, not to mention she could have just as bad hair. She claimed the new ones would also be under warranty, so if they had issues, I could just do all this again. Oh, joy.

I wish I could rehair because then I could just add plugs, but I don't, so I'm stuck with what I get. I'm seriously frustrated over this and right now I feel like crying.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:49:28 AM by ShortyBoo »

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1469 on: December 14, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
I wish I had experience rehairing MH dolls because I would totally offer my services. Unfortunately, I have only done ponies so far. I don't have the money to buy baits at the asking prices I usually see, and I've had no luck finding MH in thrift stores. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal