collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Caribbean Delight and Beach Belle: fluke or trend  (Read 411 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Caribbean Delight and Beach Belle: fluke or trend
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150945009928?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'm so bummed I couldn't bid on this, but with $1500 in vet bills in the last month (and counting), I just can't do ponies right now.

But I was surprised to see how low they ended. I thought these girls usually went for at least that much EACH, around $100 for the set. Is this just a fluke low auction, or are they decreasing in value like a lot of G3's. I'm hoping the latter, because they are the last non-Breezie G3's I really want.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Delight and Beach Belle: fluke or trend
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:32:07 PM »
Yeah I always thought that they go for about $50 loose, together. Higher MIP, of course.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:59:51 AM »
I am going to say "both". They are certainly much lower in price recently than they used to be - probably suffering a little from the general down turn in G3s. But $50-60 each is still where they should run.

However, I would guess the issue on this one is there condition look at the description: They are not mint...They are beautiful on display but as you can see from pictures there is Sharpie on the bottom of their feet. :( They also have a couple other spots/marks/rubs. These girls are perfect for the collector that does not have these two yet and or someone who is not very picky buts wants to display them.

If you check recent auctions on the pair mostly they have been around the $50-60 each to $100-120 for the pair.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:08 AM »
Somebody got a great deal on those two.

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
I am going to say "both". They are certainly much lower in price recently than they used to be - probably suffering a little from the general down turn in G3s. But $50-60 each is still where they should run.

However, I would guess the issue on this one is there condition look at the description: They are not mint...They are beautiful on display but as you can see from pictures there is Sharpie on the bottom of their feet. :( They also have a couple other spots/marks/rubs. These girls are perfect for the collector that does not have these two yet and or someone who is not very picky buts wants to display them.

If you check recent auctions on the pair mostly they have been around the $50-60 each to $100-120 for the pair.

I didn't think Sharpie on the hooves would hurt the value that much. Haircuts, chew marks, "make-up" that is visible on display, but I couldn't tell you how many of my ponies have Sharpie on the bottom of their hooves because when they're displayed, you don't notice it.

Now I am super mega bummed I could not afford to bid on these girls. :( I have to tell myself that the highest bid could have been $100+, but all that matters is the bid below that.

Also, I haven't seen many recent auctions for them, together or separate. I was checking for them almost daily until the cat happened.

Post Merge: November 18, 2012, 08:53:49 AM

And now this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330826818545?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MY-LITTLE-PONY-G2-RARE-HER-MAJESTY-BALLERINA-/330826834578?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item4d06d0e292

I put an initial bid on each before Sid got sick, and would have gone higher if he had not.   :sad:

What's next? Argie Paseos? Argie white/blue Peachy/Snuzzle? G2 Springly? Fashion Star Filly Gina??!!! Come on e-bay, bring on all my grails while I'm broke as a joke!! One of the Argies I'm looking for is already up on e-bay, but the starting bid is a no-go. Oh the humanity!!!!!
 :yikes:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:55:17 AM by ponyRN »
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
This one is from just a couple of months ago when they were higher....http://www.ebay.com/itm/my-little-pony-lot-of-1-RARE-CARIBBEAN-DELIGHT-BEACH-BELLE-EUC-G3-FREE-SHIPPING-/170903155237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ca9f3225

Personally I think the more people spend on a pony the more perfect they expect them to be. That may sound odd but if I am planning to pay $50 for a pony then I want it in perfect condition, I would rather wait and spend $50 for what she worth than spend $25 on one which isnt great. But that could just be me and my over fussiness!

And I feel your pain on always missing out on auctions which seem to end early much lower than I expect - I say the same thing "I may not have won anyway" but it doesnt stop me being stroppy for a few days! So :hug: and I understand!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal