collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let me know what you think - Swap Idea for 2013  (Read 889 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Let me know what you think - Swap Idea for 2013
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »
Its a cute idea! But I will admit to wanting to point out similar concerns to a couple of people above.

This will take up 2 of your pony swap slots for an entire 12 month period. It can be tough staying on top of people for such a long time; many people come and go irregularly on a forum like this. Keeping in touch with one another for 12 months is a massive task and commitment. I would suggest as Lunar says if you decide to go ahead that you should pair people up within the same birthday period; i.e. if your Birthday is in Feb then the person you are sending to should have a birthday within the same month or 6-8 week period. This would be the easiest way to track it and should hopefully prevent too many issues. Anyone signing up with a birthday to the end of the year will also need to be prepared to have a swap slot taken for a very long period.

All that being said, I am sure if you come up with a structure that works and perhaps some additional rules regarding check ins etc, you should be fine. But as per emery's recommendations you would probably be best with quite a high entry requirement and multiple check in times including the fact you will probably need to act as a reminder for people to start shopping when their swap action is approaching.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »
I love the concept, but I too am concerned about the time frame.  I think you'd probably want to limit the swap to really long term swap veteran types, because I would for see the chance of losing loads of people who just quit the board, as extremely high. 

Having said that, if you can work out the kinks, I would totally join this swap.  Since I've had kids, my birthday has always been a bit low key, and I never get ponies.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
I agree that the fact it would take up a swap slot for 12 months would be deterring.

But as stupid as this sounds, why not just have a birthday theme swap? Every box can be a belated or early birthday. It would be kind of like a regular swap with a birthday theme. :P  Maybe it really is a goofy idea but it's just a very random yet fun swap theme.

I would likely be interested, especially if I am working full-time by the time you host it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 05:17:58 PM »
Thanks a lot for your input!
I will be thinking this through thoroughly, and then pming a mod to see if they approve.
As for me, I have lots of time on my hands, and I'm online basically all the time, so I think I can commit to that.
Dividing people into seasonal groups sounds like a good idea. We will see!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 08:08:14 PM »
Sounds pretty good to me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal