collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mini Lalaloopsy  (Read 9951 times)

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: Mini Lalaloopsy
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2013, 06:16:38 AM »
That's a clever stand idea CCP!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
I saw the bigger Lala pony at Target today- it was cute- but $22 !!!!  I thought that was quite high...

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »
I saw the bigger Lala pony at Target today- it was cute- but $22 !!!!  I thought that was quite high...

I saw it too.  I even admired it.  But my interest flitted away when I saw the price tag.   :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
The Wizard of Oz series is lovely! I'm trying to remind myself I don't collect from that universe, but it's hard - look at the tin girl! She's so perfect. I love the ponies too (especially the food-themed ones - why do I love cute food character toys so much?! another thing I can't afford to collect!), but I shall have to pass because space and funds.

This year's Halloween mini, though, I am disappointed. And yet, she probably actually will end up in my collection if see her at Target. :P She's cute I suppose, but her pet doesn't really match. I suppose the bar was set too high by the adorable Candy and Scraps of previous years, though.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »

I saw it too.  I even admired it.  But my interest flitted away when I saw the price tag.   :P

I really don't see the justification for the price tag at all-  it is a cute figure but $22?  It is about twice the size of a MLP brushable, but not even poseable- and the hair is plastic, not seran or nylon (which is usually what makes dolls so expensive).  Just don't get it.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »

I really don't see the justification for the price tag at all-  it is a cute figure but $22?  It is about twice the size of a MLP brushable, but not even poseable- and the hair is plastic, not seran or nylon (which is usually what makes dolls so expensive).  Just don't get it.

It lights up too. Kinda unnecessary in my opinion but there you go.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2013, 11:41:50 AM »
All of these ponies shall be mine! xD
I've only bought Snap Pea and Mocha so far. I could not resist Snap Pea's adorable flower crown! x3
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »

It lights up too. Kinda unnecessary in my opinion but there you go.
OH-  I guess that does justify a bit of a price hike.  I actually think all of the mini Lalas are a bit expensive, and have only bought them on clearance.  Guess I'm just a cheap-o.

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »
Yeah, the bigger Lala pony is a little more expensive ($19.99 at my Target), but the light-up option is really neat and the in-store test doesn't do it justice.  When you unbox her, on the back leg she has a on/off/test switch.  When she's in the "on" position and you push her crown, the lights turn on and stay on, switching through colors (red to green to blue to yellow to teal to purple to white and back to red etc etc).  Pushing the crown again will turn the light show off, or you can switch it to the "off" position so it doesn't accidentally activate.  The batteries are watch batteries but easy to get to and replace, and according to the instructions she came with it sounds like there's a "sleep" timer built-in when she's on to preserve the battery, but I haven't tested it. 

All in all, I found the light-up Lala ponies to be really cute, and I bet one of them would make a really good night-time buddy for a little girl too.  And they're comparable size to the giant light-up Celestia and iterations which have a similar price tag.

Edit: just took some quick pics to demonstrate!

Moonglow next to Celestia (her light was on so she shows up as sort of pink with the flash, she's actually very silvery)

Picture with no flash or lights -- the internal lights are pretty bright!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:02:29 PM by Alipes »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
Oh that looks very pretty!    I would have loved it as a child.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Wishing Well

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
I think that the Big Lalaloopsies are a bit too... plastic-y for me? But I ADORE the little ones and the Oopsie horses! I'm planning on nabbing Tea Biscuit, Scone and Mago Tiki Wiki soon!

mickey

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
Awwwwwwwww shucks, ShortyBoo, I was JUST at Target! If I'm up there again and can find her, I'll pick her up for you (and if you already found her by then I can deal with a double, lol- ivory is darling).

I mainly collect the minis but I have two big ones too (coral and ivory). I sort of regret getting the big ivory though. She is gorgeous but was an expensive impulse buy.

These are my minis-

The girls with the floppy legs and heads are my favorite lol.
  What are these dolls stored in?  I love it!

Offline yaizel

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chikapaw.livejournal.com/
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
im curious, here we are getting almost non new lalaloopsies :/
what about there on the us?  i been looking for the workshop nerd and bunny girls and also the minis with yarn hair, are those still easy to find?
and what about the 4 packworkshop dolls?
the better pic of all artist is in the heart

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

Pumpkin Candle Light by reidelsol, on Flickr

I just found the Target Halloween Mini. I really need to catch up on these. I didn't get any from the Spring Lines.  :cry:

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »

Pumpkin Candle Light by reidelsol, on Flickr

I just found the Target Halloween Mini. I really need to catch up on these. I didn't get any from the Spring Lines.  :cry:
Just got her yesterday, she is so cute! ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal