collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
*thumbs up*  I'm SO glad!  I should have known it would have been a cut scene that was spliced together in a different way.  I was very pleasantly surprised to see it was a nod to older fans, rather than mocking :) 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »
I was happy to see that the reaction shot was NOT in response to Pinkie's face.

I don't mind the "crazier than this" line . . . I mean, to a pony with a face shaped like a G4, a G3 face would look strange.  And also vice versa.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
I was happy to see that the reaction shot was NOT in response to Pinkie's face.

I don't mind the "crazier than this" line . . . I mean, to a pony with a face shaped like a G4, a G3 face would look strange.  And also vice versa.

Agreed! My complaints are withdrawn. ^^

Or rather, I should say more complaints have been modified. I still think they were catering to the 'hater' group of bronies, but rather that they were catering to them with the commercial, not the episode itself.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
I'm glad that in context the "crazy face" moment was better (that clip, Pinkie you're just so cute <3.) Unfortunately, that doesn't make the commercial, and  all the negative comments that were already made in response to it, magically disappear. 

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »
I probably still find it a bit odd to see a G3 face on a G4 cartoon but I guess we know it's not the real Pinkie Pie doing that.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:36 AM »
That was super cute!

Bee-chan

« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »
I'm glad that in context the "crazy face" moment was better (that clip, Pinkie you're just so cute <3.) Unfortunately, that doesn't make the commercial, and  all the negative comments that were already made in response to it, magically disappear. 

I haven't even been to the main brony website in several days, so no idea what exactly what's been said there, but I think I can guess.

Glad to see it was just bad editing in the commercial and NOT really that way in the actual episode. The actual episode was a fun nod to we older school fans. X3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »
Or rather, I should say more complaints have been modified. I still think they were catering to the 'hater' group of bronies, but rather that they were catering to them with the commercial, not the episode itself.

Yep, I agree with that.  I mean, the commercial didn't just rise out of the sea on a seashell, fully formed.  Someone CHOSE to make it and CHOSE which clips to put in and how to line them up.  And I feel they did do it in a "hai hater bronies look at this lolz previous gens suck lolz" context, which is not cool.

Very happy about the episode itself, though.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
XD With it in context now that is actually pretty awesome. I like it. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »

Pretty much this. Nothing has changed. Most people are still going to claim this is proof of G3 being stupid. Making the hate towards G3 only stronger. Not to mention it's probably still catering to bronies who hate G3. Cause lets' face it, those people greatly outnumber the G3 fans. "G3 is stupid" is like a joke that never gets old to them. And with there being several other brony jokes in the ep, i'm still not going to believe this was a nod to G3 fans.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »

Yep, I agree with that.  I mean, the commercial didn't just rise out of the sea on a seashell, fully formed.  Someone CHOSE to make it and CHOSE which clips to put in and how to line them up.  And I feel they did do it in a "hai hater bronies look at this lolz previous gens suck lolz" context, which is not cool.

Very happy about the episode itself, though.

This.

The episode itself was fine (although there is no way that G3 face was a "nod to the older fans"), but the commercial was most certainly spliced together for the hater bronies.

On a certain forum (I know we can't link here), I see that the immature part of the fandom are currently homing in on how great it was that the "ugly G3 Pinkie was blown up"...so "Hasbro still agrees with them".  I see a few posts about our "premature overreactions" across the web too.  (which is funny...I didn't see anyone overreact here, we were quite calmly discussing the advert)  Well, whatever makes them happy, I guess.  I still feel that this whole thing has set us back as far as eradicating the hate and building bridges between the two communities goes. :(

BerryPunch

« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
 :brow:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
Personally while I like all generations, the G3 hate doesn't bother me any more. So what if people don't like something I like and make fun of it? I mean seriously what is the harm?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

BerryPunch

« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
Personally while I like all generations, the G3 hate doesn't bother me any more. So what if people don't like something I like and make fun of it? I mean seriously what is the harm?
^.^

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

A) Because not being able to check out G3 stuff without seeing stuff like "kill it with fire" gets annoying very fast. Youtube videos are one thing but you even see that stuff on art sites. During the EQD april fools joke several old gen customizers got nasty comments because of it.
B) Because some people don't just attack the gen. They attack the fans. If you don't mind being called an idiot for liking gen3, good for you.

Not to mention there is nothing wrong about pointing out how hypocritical this behaviour is. Bronies ask to not get mocked for loving ponies all the time. So why the need to mock old gens? And yes there is a difference between not liking a gen and being a jerk. I don't like spiders but i don't seek out every video of spiders just to post "Ewww kill it with fire!!!".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal